shimming the needle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
I have some carb needle shim washers that I use every now and then on other projects. Question- can I slide 1 thin shim under the needle and get away with it and not cause any other problems ? I am running stock jets. Will it help on top-end pull, or is it just a bunch of trouble ?

If it needed based on your elevation then yes can be a fine tuning tool. You have to try it....get a plug read and see...

I have some carb needle shim washers that I use every now and then on other projects. Question- can I slide 1 thin shim under the needle and get away with it and not cause any other problems ? I am running stock jets. Will it help on top-end pull, or is it just a bunch of trouble ?
Top end is going to be mostly main jet. The shim will be the needle setting at a higher that stock position therefor richer. I have a stock pipe on one of mine with a shim under the needle and larger than stock main jets but my altitude is below sea level.

Latest posts

Back