Sorta feel like an outcast...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Been riding around for close to two months now and have yet to see another VMax. A couple of places around here are HUGE biker hangouts but its all Harleys. I like Harleys but they always seemed a bit overpriced to me. But now I can see a value... You're buying into a huge community and that's a plus.

Im just sitting at this sports bar watching the Saints game and noticed a few Harley riders already here befriending some other Harley riders who had just pulled up. Pretty darn cool.

I got asked what im riding(they saw my helmet) and I said "Yamaha VMax" and I got a blank look. I smiled and said "Yea I've been getting that a lot." I look out the window and my VMax and think to myself "damn I love that bike." Being an outcast is worth it.

Ain't no excuse for having taste that bad.... I would go to a better class of bar...

Ain't no excuse for having taste that bad.... I would go to a better class of bar...

Haha! You might be right. I just wanna watch my Saints play. I don't have TV at the house. Weird I know but I prefer to read or ride. Im at a Hooters. Its about a mile as the crow files from the house.

I'm pretty lucky around here because there are some Vmax's but not many out on a regular basis but all the bike guys around here for the most part recognize the bike and it gets respect from about anyone. There are a few tools out there that think a Harley is the only "real bike" but they are thankfully in the minority..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty lucky around here because there are some Vmax's but not many out on a regular basis but all the bike guys around here for the most part recognize the bike and it gets respect from about anyone. There are a few tools out there that think a Harley is the only "real bike" but they are thankfully in the minority..

It's the same way around here.

I did have a 1% prospect challenge me to a race once, but his VP and SA both told him he was crazy if he actually thought he had any chance at beating my Vmax. :D

In my town, there is atleast a dozen Vmax's roaming around, but for the most part, they are loner types. You strike up a conversation with them and they well willing to talk all things Vmax.

So I guess alot of Vmax guys are loners, outcasts or maybe a better description, none conformists. We like what we like, not to conform, but to be individual and true.

Now that's some deep insightful, shit right there. Now I'll back to waxing my Toyota Rav4.

Mike

To date my XJR1300 hasn't broken down once in the 2 years since I built it....only had to open my tool roll to help out the harley riders in the club lol

I've only seen one gen1 and one gen2 here in Fort Worth. I know there are more around, but they're hard to find.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Ohh I'm by far not the fastest lol a lot of the guys I ride with will hand me my ass even with me being on the spray but they all dig my bike :) Everything from big bored 14's to turbo Busa's running around here, lots of 8 second bikes but everyone is so cool.. I was just talking with my best friend about that last night, on average the bike guys are way cooler than the car guys around here.. I'm big into cars too but just haven't had the $$ to play there for awhile but a lot of the car guys around here are kinda assholes, and I tell them they are every chance I get lol

Same Here, very few vmax's around, BUT i' am not close to being an outcast, the Harley Riders Here seam to always gather around checking out the Vmax, many asking what is it, the ones that know of it always say (that's a vmax U don't want to try to talk about how fast your Harley is around this one) or (them thing's R Fast) I get all the respect I need, very few turn there heads and say well it's still not a Harley.

First off I like having something not everyone rides. I don't ride for the chance to befriend people mostly because I ride harder than most and definitely more spirited than V twin crowd.
Riding an 85 that is clean as a 2005 even impresses the cops when they pull me over and it comes back as 28 years old, they check the VIN cause they think something is fishy. Or they just say, "Wow, clean bike!" which makes me feel good.
Secondly, when you ride with a bunch of other Vmaxes and everyone is shittin & gittin, there is nothing like it! You never get enough of it and you are always looking forward to the next time everyone can get together. So, I hope you like being the outcast as much as I and many others do.

Every time I go to "bike Night" I see thousands of Harley's that cost about a zillion dollars each. And each one of those Harleys has thousands of dollars worth of (mostly chrome) add on to make them stand out from the other Harleys. And about half have "performance mods"

My Max is different from all of them... and I don't care how much they spend on performance mods, they aren't going to bet me- and most are smart enough to know that. And IF one ever did bet me... I could always get a gen II

I've seen one 2nd gen and two 1st gens here in Sacramento. Both times I saw the 1st gens I was with friends from work getting lunch and saw them in a parking lot. If I was alone I would've looked around for the owners. I know they're out there...

I'm the last Vmax left around here,as far as I know. Dave moved away, and Jim no longer rides, and is selling his. Getting to a major Vmax event is a blast. I'll try for at least one a year for as long as I can.
Steve

I like being a loner for the most part,My nephew bought a Harley and he fits in,For him that's great,I don't try to give him a hard time.Everybody rides what they like.I have meant all kinds on all kinds.

Only three "active" Vmaxes here are mine, My freind Sam's, and a 2010 roaming around. I know there is more, cause I've seen them around. But only three are always on the road.

Back