Sorta feel like an outcast...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vmax is outstanding by design, by performance, by attitude. If you choose to buy Vmax you are an outcast, just be yourself and be proud that no one else own it in your bar. And I love when people starring at my bike. Harleys are good bikes, but they lack individuality. Does not matter how much chrome one can put on them they are all the same (and boring).

Call it Vmax conceit but after walking around Port Dover back on the 13th with the thousands of bikes and bikers I came to realize that it is quite exhilarating to know that my bike is an Icon.
If it wasn't for the Max there would be no Vrods, M109 or other power cruisers. It took other bike companies years to come up with a concept to try to match the looks and power output the Max generates. You pull into your local coffee shop with all the Harley riders sitting there talking about their bikes, "I got a softail, you have a softail, my bike looks like your bike!!"
For the most part they dress the same and look the same. I love the fact that I chose a different looking bike, that other riders, children, teens and people in general will stop and talk to me about the Max, either remembering them fondly, looking at them curiously or wondering what the hell I am riding. In the end we chose to ride the Vmax, if that makes us outcasts, nomads, loners or what have you, so be it Stand out, stand up and be proud because you ride a beast like no other, no matter how hard others try.

That's my 2 cents.

Twisted

I think there are about 10 vmaxes here in manila, maybe 30 in the entire country. Most try to gather when possible, at least once every few months for a coffee or a ride.

Else most of the time, I ride alone same as you guys. I'm used to that before getting my vmax. I guess it was fate to own one based on your feedback.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Where the hell in Maila do you get to open up your Vmax Diablorin?

The VMax defines it's owner. A Nonconformist. The typical Vmax is owned by a person who can appreciate it for what it is - and could give a crap if some doorag wearing Harley™ rider appreciates it, or even knows what it is.. If the Harleyboy™ or Harleygirl™ was foolish enough to try to challenge a Vmax in a race, he or she would find out all about Vmaxes pretty quickly.

I've ridden my Max at crazy speeds. It's also one of the easiset motorcycles on earth to ride slow... Great balance, and a motor that will tick over at 2000 rpm all day long. I also taught my only son to ride on it. Kathy and I did two week camping trips 2-up on the Max, and even pulled a trailer with it for a few trips to Americade.

It's a universal bike. Looks great, goes like stink, is stone reliable, and has an aura about it that no other bike ever made has... Did you ever watch people at bike nights stop and look at a parked VMax? Even my '85, which looks really well used - still gets comments, approving ones, from those that choose to ride lesser machines.

I've ridden my Max at crazy speeds. It's also one of the easiset motorcycles on earth to ride slow... Great balance, and a motor that will tick over at 2000 rpm all day long. I also taught my only son to ride on it. Kathy and I did two week camping trips 2-up on the Max, and even pulled a trailer with it for a few trips to Americade.
It's a universal bike. Looks great, goes like stink, is stone reliable, and has an aura about it that no other bike ever made has... Did you ever watch people at bike nights stop and look at a parked VMax? Even my '85, which looks really well used - still gets comments, approving ones, from those that choose to ride lesser machines.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better Bill. We stand out from the rest. There's nothing quite like a Vmax, and they don't brake the bank to end up with a sweet machine, till you get started with the mod monkey that is. The social aspect? Go to a big event like Thunder and you'll have a really good time. Going alone is no issue, there is a huge family of Vmax Brothers waiting to meet you.The hotel where I stayed was like a Vmax City. Next year I'm going early. And taking more pictures. And getting in more riding.
Steve-o

Thunder is an awsome event!..........Nothing like buzzing the mountain roads with a pack of Maxes!!.....:punk:.......See ya there Steve!..............Tom.

Where the hell in Maila do you get to open up your Vmax Diablorin?

hahaha I keep quiet in the city :bang head:
But I still like going around to show off when it's not traffic :eusa_dance:

When I want to open the throttle, I go north or south on the freeway or go for a WE ride on the country side.

In my town, there is atleast a dozen Vmax's roaming around, but for the most part, they are loner types. You strike up a conversation with them and they well willing to talk all things Vmax.

So I guess alot of Vmax guys are loners, outcasts or maybe a better description, none conformists. We like what we like, not to conform, but to be individual and true.

Now that's some deep insightful, shit right there. Now I'll back to waxing my Toyota Rav4.

Mike

LOL, you could be like me and be waxing a Dodge Caravan!:rofl_200:

To me the vmax is to bikes what the chevelle was to cars. The king of muscle.
Granted it might not be the fastest anymore, or turn like a crotch rocket, or have all the fancy do dads that some of the newer bikes do... but damnit I think its the best all around bike there is.
Around town.. deadly city bike. Light to light tire smoking acceleration.
At the track.. well 1/4 mile king.. plus easily modded to make more power and a stable engine to boot.
Want handling.. spend a few thousand and done if that's what u into.
Going for a cruise? Throw a set of bags over the back and go. I've seen fairings like fatmax that make the bike look like a full dressed harley.

Its a bike to me that allows the owner to truly make it their own thru whatever modifications they want.

I saw a quote on this site that went something like

This is my vmax.
There any many like it but this one is mine.
My vmax is my best friend.
It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me my vmax is useless.
Without my vmax I am useless.

We are a different breed. I am the only vmax in my MC and I like it that way.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Went to a weekly bike night tonight. My first time going. Took the car instead of the VMax. The girlfriend and son went with me. Probably over 100 bikes there. 90% of them Harleys. 3 or 4 Sportbikes, 2 or 3 Victories, 1 Cafe Racer, but I think it was a Harley. No VMaxes.

For 25+ years I haven't looked at a vmax without thinking that's the coolest bike ever made. If that makes me an outcast so be it :)

I used to ride a 1987 Magna (a Super) and was on a group ride on the Blue Ridge highway/Tail of the Dragon back around 2004. We rode with a local guy, great guy, who had a first Gen Vmax and I have wanted one ever since. He carved those roads as well as anyone there. Finally got one about 3 weeks ago. It took me almost 10 years and it was SO worth it! I love this bike. :rockon00:

Congrats on your VMax! Which one did you get? Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Latest posts

Back