Spring 2011 SoCal VMAX ride anyone?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also......I know I proposed a VMAX only ride but I know some guys have plans to bring other riders that don't own VMAXs and I'm totally cool with that. I plan to bring one of my Army brothers with me and he's not a VMAXer. We will line up the VMAXs for some great forum pics. Hope everyone's cool with this...???

Counting the days,
Darren:eusa_dance:

Ok word on the set from some buddies of mine that tried riding Ortega recently is that it ain't happening... Chp is sitting at both ends of Ortega highway checking ID's and if you address is not within the village of El Cariso you are promptly turned around and told to leave immidiatly... I'll try to find out more before the ride but more than one person has confirmed this now. My Brother might ride out in person and find out for sure for me. Just in case come up with ideas for a back up ride. My Internet is down so send me a Pm if you have questions so I know to respond because my "aimless surfing time" is very little
Never herd of such a thing,and I don't believe it. That town depends on our tourism in a bad economy.I'm riding all the way to Hell's Kitchen. Gona be @ hwy 74 by 9am with 2 0ther rider's.I hope to meet up with some of u on the road.It won't be hard to recognize each other.I want everybody to know.This CHP thing is a total load of crap!! Have a nice day....C U @ HELL"S KITCHEN!!:biglaugh:

Never herd of such a thing,and I don't believe it. That town depends on our tourism in a bad economy.I'm riding all the way to Hell's Kitchen. Gona be @ hwy 74 by 9am with 2 0ther rider's.I hope to meet up with some of u on the road.It won't be hard to recognize each other.I want everybody to know.This CHP thing is a total load of crap!! Have a nice day....C U @ HELL"S KITCHEN!!:biglaugh:
I just called Hells Kitchen.They said the CHP closes down ortaga @ 8pm we should all be home by then....Problem solved!!:punk: U guys scared the crap outa me:rofl_200:

It's settled then! Hells kitchen is still the plan! I don't know the specifics of it but friends of mine WERE turned away... I assume there was an accident ahead or they were riding at night? Either way I'm glad someone else called to find out for us!

Sounds good to me, should be getting the bike back very soon, but I think it will be close.

And FYI, the aftermarket exhaust rules only applies to bikes manufactured after 2013, had a long discussion about this on another forum.

Well, looks like the Mechanic is holding the bike hostage till Sunday, DAMN! Unless someone wants to pick me up in Corona tomorrow and drop me off in Brea.......I might still come on the second bike, but it won't be as fun.

Well, looks like the Mechanic is holding the bike hostage till Sunday, DAMN! Unless someone wants to pick me up in Corona tomorrow and drop me off in Brea.......I might still come on the second bike, but it won't be as fun.

Use the other bike and come on out.....it's going to be a kickass time no matter what bike your on.....we'll try not to leave you to far behind.:biglaugh:

Hope to see ya there,
Darren

Use the other bike and come on out.....it's going to be a kickass time no matter what bike your on.....we'll try not to leave you to far behind.:biglaugh:

Hope to see ya there,
Darren
Ahhhhhh, funny guy. Don't worry, I'm going to save myself the embarrassment--just got it back and took it around the block. I'll be there on the Max.

Ahhhhhh, funny guy. Don't worry, I'm going to save myself the embarrassment--just got it back and took it around the block. I'll be there on the Max.

Very cool....this is going to be fun.............:eusa_dance:

SoCal VMAXers....I had a great time today. That was a fun ride. Sorry all I had to leave so early...I'll make sure I have a full day next ride. Speaking of the next ride I will start a new thread (Summer SoCal VMAX ride #1) tonight. Hope ya all had as much fun as me. :eusa_dance:

Keep in touch,
Darren

P.S. Wister, How's your shoulder and knee.....hope you're OK.

Attachments

• S7301399.jpg
    S7301399.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8
  • S7301409.jpg
    S7301409.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 8
  • S7301410.jpg
    S7301410.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7
  • S7301411.jpg
    S7301411.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 6
  • S7301412.jpg
    S7301412.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
Knees are a little sore but everything else is intact. No shoulder issues, that was from last time. Always good to see another VMax.

Wister glad you're ok. Did you find another foot peg? Got a place close to me that probably has one.... In Escondido North County Motorcycle Salvage (760) 746-7467.
Mike

Wister glad you're ok. Did you find another foot peg? Got a place close to me that probably has one.... In Escondido North County Motorcycle Salvage (760) 746-7467.
Mike
Hey Mike,

I will check them out. I just bought one of eBay but it is half broken so it is not going to work. What I could really use is a faux tank cover.... Thanks for the help!

Back