stage one jet kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffb

Reaction score
lot of people on here say to not use Dynojet stage 1 kits, & that slip ons make bike run rich. I have supertrapp s/o's, stage 1 kit, T-boost, K&N, I run my trapps without end caps. I have the dj 170 mains, dj needles, springs, drilled slides, & dj 150 paj2's i think. Been reading here about this setup & thinking of going back to stock with leaner mains, I have some 150's lying around. Anyway, pulled my plugs to take a look & they look perfect, nice & off white & clean. So good in fact if the plugs in my sled looked like these I would be going fatter in that- SRX 700. What gives, any opinions??? Bike runs good, never any problems, not been on a dyno yet though.

You need to throw it on a dyno and see what the AF looks like all over the RPM range. If you're happy and it runs OK then keep it the way it is...

Most don't have your luck though.

Chris

lot of people on here say to not use Dynojet stage 1 kits, & that slip ons make bike run rich. I have supertrapp s/o's, stage 1 kit, T-boost, K&N, I run my trapps without end caps. I have the dj 170 mains, dj needles, springs, drilled slides, & dj 150 paj2's i think. Been reading here about this setup & thinking of going back to stock with leaner mains, I have some 150's lying around. Anyway, pulled my plugs to take a look & they look perfect, nice & off white & clean. So good in fact if the plugs in my sled looked like these I would be going fatter in that- SRX 700. What gives, any opinions??? Bike runs good, never any problems, not been on a dyno yet though.
Makes you think Dynojet may know what they are doing.

LOL, there are too many factors for a vanilla kit that works with every combo out there. The bulk of them take similar setups but they all vary some. Ask the guy with the 2006 we rebuilt last year that had trapps and stage 1. Cylinders washed out and ring gap was set too tight and he ended up having to get it bored out. Yamaha wouldn't cover it since it was a month or two past his warranty and he had aftermarket parts on the bike.

Sean

I orginally started out with a Dyno Stage 1 kit when I first bought my VMAX.
Onlything left from the kit is the needles and main jet. I never used the springs.

Jeff; If your float level is low it will lower your pressure differential, causing it to run leaner. A good way to make a rich setup work.

Hi Guys,
Great forum...spent the first week reading through a lot of the problems and solutions.
This is quite a luxury to have!
I feel the need to say, "Thanks", already for what I have learned, to all responsible!
Little advise please....
I have an 85...about to install Holeshot 4-2 and a Stage 1 jet kit.
It also has a single K&N filter.
I plan to install coils and wires and a Dyna chip in the future.
Surfing and reading lead me to removing the y on the airbox to get the gain in airflow.
My question is...will the Stage Kit 1 do the job in the end or will I have to upgrade some of the parts?
Will the Stage 1 Kit be enough to take full advantage of the increase in air and spark?
Can you make any recommendations that might save me some down time?
Thanks in advance!

Not sure what the dyna chip is... You're going to do the COP mod?

Dales stage 1 is much more basic then DJ's and works very well. I had Dales in my bike and liked it a lot. I ran 122RWHP with it.

Gluck, Chris

Hi Guys,
Can you make any recommendations that might save me some down time?
Thanks in advance!

Go with a Morley Muscle Intake along with your pipes n' such, it helped unlock my bikes potential, that's for sure. Read up a bit on it, it's nice.

I agree with VMID. I went with his kit and while it only showed a 2hp difference on the dyno it runs COMPLETELY different on the street.

Contact one2dmax for more info on his kit. It's more $$ but worth it IMO.

Latest posts

Back