Stock mufler mods...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have been reading, the removal of the end cap and drilling is the other option for the stock exhaust. Did you have to make any carb adjustments?

Thanks for the advice!!

I think that you will be fine.Could possibly need a little turn out on the mixture screws.

I have a question for those that have removed the end cap and drilled the 5 holes. What is the size of the rivets (diameter and length)that you used to put the cap back on? When you put the nuts as spacers, are they behind the plate by each of the rivets? I want to order some stainless rivets, and they come in a pack of 100. So I want to make sure I get the correct size.

Kevin

I used 3/16" by 3/4". Imperial part number is 75711. The nut spacer goes between the end cap & the muffler.

I'm a new member here, I joined up to get some ideas on modifying the exhaust. I drilled the rivets and the 1/2 inch holes as suggested, I love the sound! Thanks for the idea. Now, How much louder will it be if I do the punchout in the center exhaust? Thanks for the input, this is a cool site. Dan

I'm a new member here, I joined up to get some ideas on modifying the exhaust. I drilled the rivets and the 1/2 inch holes as suggested, I love the sound! Thanks for the idea. Now, How much louder will it be if I do the punchout in the center exhaust? Thanks for the input, this is a cool site. Dan

I did the 5 holes first and wasn't happy yet so I did the 1" hole. It's a little louder, but more of a deeper tone, imo.

Back