Sturgis on the River 2008

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10.29.... damn.... what are these "bolt on" mods, and how much do you weigh? I ran 10.7 @ 129.9, my 60' was only a 1.8 and I weigh 230 w/ gear. I need some of these bolt on mods... and to loose a little extra weight and to learn to lanch a little better.... and, ... and....

Jeff

His will be a bit lighter as he has the earlier model brakes and forks... Not much but a little anyway...

Looks like he's got stage 7 too!

Chris

Hey bolt-ons include, barnet clutch discs, kerker 4 into 1 (open)(chromed), quad k&n airfilter, 190 main jets, Slick and Bars. Maybe 190lbs with full gear, Now I have fully ported heads, 12:1 ross forge pistons, heavy duty valvesprings (10,500rpm hear i come), new clutch(barnett) again, Jet Hot coated Header, Dyna Coils. will have soon M.R.E. Airshifter, Raptor shift light. Goal this year 9.50's. Winter mods lined up WebbCams Cams and maybe :confused2:chain drive. For now. Roy

Back to the question at hand...

Confirmed Vmax riders include:

Chris
Jeff
Dustin
Bill
ME:biglaugh:
Roy

Probables:

Paul
Dave
Shawn

Possibles:

Shawn's one brother
Shawn's other brother(they all have Vmaxes:clapping:)
Jay
Jim
Mike
John

Thats a great list so far. I have several messages out there for more confirmations. C'mon everyone lets not stop now. Who am I missing? Fill in the blanks.

Man with all the other V-Maxes there I better have mine as clean as I can, and park opposite end of Chris!

I hear ya..... I haven't cleaned mine all spring.... fork oil leaking, dust still on it from Conesville.... I think she is gonna get a bath tonight before heading to Eddville.... gonna see what she'll do in the 1/8th tonight.

Awe... You guys... Mine might have some dust on it somewhere... :biglaugh:

LOL

We just need to finger a time then... Friday night at Baymont when??? Friday night is the bomb IMHO. I like it because it's cooler and by the looks of it, it's going to be either hot as hell or wet as hell or both...:damn angry:

So Dustin it's really up to you here being that you're the one traveling and all.

Talked to Nathan this A.M. and we are thinking about a morning breakfast run too... Maybe find a choke and puke and have some breakfast and move on to Sturgis???

Let us know what ya'll want or expect.

Not that it matters but my G/F is coming with me so we should have A LOT of people there... GREAT! Just need to find her a riding jacket and gloves... Bought the helmet last night... It's sooo cute... Pink and all... lol

Chris

Ya just need a time, maybe a breakfast thing on Sat, Fri is out of the question got to work an all, and have to get my kids from the sitter halfway early on Sat. my wife will definitely be there so the girls wont be left out be with on men.. They should like that. Roy

I'm thinking we'll be in town around 6, figure a meeting time at 7, do dinner. I can call when I get into town or close and we can pin point it better from there? One guy is holding us up on leaving, so I hope it's leaving town by 3 at the latest.

I'm game on breakfast in the AM too, I'm pretty easy on this stuff.

I need to get some numbers together for the breakfast run. If everyone could post how many people will be in you group including significant others I will try and get reservations made.

Also, what all are you guys planning for on Saturday. I need to know if everyone wants to plan some area rides, poker runs, entertainment, or just to mainly listen to music, drink some beer and look at the bikes and attractions. The museum here in town just opened a motorcycle exhibit called "Rare Rides"... interested?

Just looking for overall input. I live quite close to the event site so I plan to have some refreshments/clean bathrooms along with A/C if needed for a break. Not much room for sitting at the event.

Let me know.

Susan and I will be there.

Unless you came up with a place Nathan I will try to make it out to Dewitt this week and maybe even Wilton as Susan thinks there's a choke and puke out there we could ride to.

Chris

I need to make sure the wife and I are open, but I think we are just coming up Friday afternoon/night maybe we can grab a bite to eat with everyone and head back. I think we are planning on going boating on Saturday, and maybe we could just bring the boat up to the quad cities and if you guys need a quick shower, you can just jump in the river for a quick dip or wakeboarding or something.... that river will be very clean this time of year... farmers aren't putting any kind of chems on the fields or applying any hog crap, so you should be good to go.

Jeff

I need to make sure the wife and I are open, but I think we are just coming up Friday afternoon/night maybe we can grab a bite to eat with everyone and head back. I think we are planning on going boating on Saturday, and maybe we could just bring the boat up to the quad cities and if you guys need a quick shower, you can just jump in the river for a quick dip or wakeboarding or something.... that river will be very clean this time of year... farmers aren't putting any kind of chems on the fields or applying any hog crap, so you should be good to go.

Jeff

I grew up IN the river as we boated from age of two till about 4 years ago on it so nothing scares me... It's NOT "clean" however due to the rain. It has kicked up a bit of mud but like I said... No biggie here! I will be going Friday for sure and Saturday AM but Susan and I are then going to the lake to be with my father on fathers day.

I may be going to bike night on Thursday too but weather isn't looking great.

FYI: If it's raining I WILL NOT be participating. :whistlin:

I was just thinking as well that our offices are also VERY close to Sturgis so if Nathan doesn't want a million bikes and people in his home we can come here and cool off and have ALL KINDS of asphalt parking available.:biglaugh:

OK Nathan just called me worried that they may move the meet as the river is once again on the rise...

I check out the QC Times and it looks like it will crest on Friday at 17.7 feet but keep in mind that around 15 is flood stage which means where we are supposed to be will be under several inches of water.

So keep an eagle eye at this thread for changes to the rally spot!

Chris

Sturgis on the River won’t be Sturgis in the River this weekend.

Organizers of the motorcycle event said today the event will be moved out off Davenport’s riverfront because of high water. It is traditionally held on the riverfront, west of Centennial Bridge and LeClaire Park.

Most of the LeClaire Park and the adjacent riverfront will be under water at 17 feet — and the Mississippi River is expected to crest at 17.7 feet early Friday.

A new location for Sturgis was being considered this morning, but no decision has been made. The event, scheduled to begin Thursday, runs through Saturday night.

“Sturgis will still happen, but we’re not sure where,” said Debbie Birely, of Indoor/Outdoor Productions, Sturgis’ promotion company.

The city has enacted its flood plan for the second time this year. The plates for the floodwall at Modern Woodmen Park were installed this morning. The Quad-City River Bandits begin a scheduled homestand tonight which runs through June 15.

“The city is taking precautions, but we are going to play and plan to play here all week,” Kirk Goodman, River Bandits general manager, said.

More rain is expected today in the Quad-Cities before 1 p.m. with a high near 76 degrees, then we’ll get a brief break from the rain Tuesday with mostly sunny skies and a high near 82 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.

Rain returns to the forecast Wednesday night and the threat continues through Saturday with severe thunderstorms and heavy rain possible, especially Thursday night and Friday.

Minor to major flooding will continue on the Mississippi River and area rivers.

Local river levels

Here’s a summary of where area rivers levels are this morning, their predicted crests and how flooding will affect the area.

Mississippi River at Rock Island — (15 feet flood stage) Currently at 12.4 feet. Forecast: Crest 17.7 feet on Friday. Flooding will affect the railroad tracks in downtown Davenport and River Drive, Pershing Avenue and Federal Street, LeClaire Park and lower parking lots, Credit Island Lane, houses along South Concord Street and on Enchanted Island. Affected in Moline will be the 4700 block of River Drive. Water will be at the base of the floodwall gates at the downtown Rock Island riverfront. In Bettendorf, water will affect Leach Park.
If the rain continues like they say I WILL NOT be attending.

OH SHIT!

Over 42,000 sandbags and 4 pumps have been sent to the Iowa City area. Officials believe that the Coralville Reservoir could top its spillway and flood Iowa City by Tuesday.

They say that water levels for the Iowa River could be similar to the floods of 1993.

I talked to my wife.... we are both planning on coming down on Friday, but she will need to get home in decent time since she has grad school all day Sat. and Sun. so that actually leaves me open to come back up to the quadcities and maybe go for a ride with everyone.... I'm not positive on that, but it is looking good.

As far as the flooding is going, my pontoons are getting strapped to my bike as we speak.

Jeff

I need to get some numbers together for the breakfast run. If everyone could post how many people will be in you group including significant others I will try and get reservations made.

Also, what all are you guys planning for on Saturday. I need to know if everyone wants to plan some area rides, poker runs, entertainment, or just to mainly listen to music, drink some beer and look at the bikes and attractions. The museum here in town just opened a motorcycle exhibit called "Rare Rides"... interested?

Just looking for overall input. I live quite close to the event site so I plan to have some refreshments/clean bathrooms along with A/C if needed for a break. Not much room for sitting at the event.

Let me know.

Myself and wife Samantha
Jason and wife Angela
Richie and girlfriend who's name escapes me.

I'm down for all of the above Nathan. This is our first trip over for this event, and I really have no idea where to start. A ride up the river would be nice, as well as the museum. Again, I'll do what's recomended as I'm a noob at this.

Here's a 10 day outlook! I hope it's wrong but at the rate we're going it will be 100% accurate.

:bang head:

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 11
I don't worry too much unless it's over 30% chance, so Friday will suck I'm sure, but we're riding over regardless. I know my wife is driving her car instead of riding on bike as we have a few extra things to carry, and we can't get it done on the Max.

Oh hey Nathan... My neighbor (Gavin) is possibly coming on Friday night. Seeing that his son is only 5 weeks old it's a bit in the air.

He's got a 2002 or 3 VFR with a great sound track coming from it! :punk: Love the sound of them V4's!

River is supposed to crest at 18.4 now which is JUST short of the 1993 flood which means bad shit is going to happen!

Our building is at dock height but we will still see the water... VERY well... lol

The weather does look iffy, But as long as it cooperates, Count my wife(Paula) and I in. Mississippi valley fairgrounds will be interesting wow roads will be packed. Roy...it getting close:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Back