Sturgis on the River 2008

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan I was told that two more people are riding down with us now for a total of 4 bikes and 4 significant others for a total of 8.

Great.
Who all is in for dinner Friday night? This would be easy to plan regardless of weather. If everyone would prefer fair type food we can just head to the rally. But, if everyone would prefer a meal of sorts I can set that up at several places. I would like to know everyone's preferences on either or type of food/restaurant.

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be the same 8 people after we get settled in to the room etc.

How late does the stuff go on Friday night? I wouldn't mind an actual sit down type of place.

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be the same 8 people after we get settled in to the room etc.

How late does the stuff go on Friday night? I wouldn't mind an actual sit down type of place.

The event goes till midnight each night. A sit down place for dinner would be my preference as well. There is plenty of places between your hotel and the event. A great mexican place w/ Dos Equis on tap or plenty of bar and grill places w/ Fat Tire on tap. Or we could go slightly nicer for the ladies since we will be making them rought it for the rest of the weekend. Give me a type of food or price point your all thinking and I'll come up with something.

I figure 15+20ish a person would be in line before drinks? I don't plan on getting loaded up at the bar/grill but a few nicer beers would be nice with dinner.

As far as type of food, I'm easy, I mean, you saw me. :D

Yeah Azteca or Los Agaves would be a good choice. Cheap and good!

We will want to call ahead and see if they can hold a bunch of tables for us.

This weather is B.S. :damn angry:

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
Yeah, I'm trying to finish up framing an addition today. As you can tell, I'm at home typing instead of working. This is garbage.

I' m still planning on being there with my better half, but it is all weather dependant. Highway 92 is closed and they will be closing 22 as well, so we'll most likely be taking I-80.... Dustin, what time do you plan on being in Iowa City? Maybe we can meet you there and ride the rest of the way together?

Let me know,

Jeff

It's about an hour and a half or so to IC for me give or take, so around 430ish. I can call you before we leave Jeff.

OK in case ya'll didn't get the text from Nathan.

Breakfast on Saturday morning is at Grandma's Kitchen in Walcott at 9:30 and we are meeting at the Baymont at 9:00 and riding over there.

Friday night dinner plans are still up in the air but we are thinking that we meet at the Baymont at 7:00PM and then head to dinner and then to Sturgis.:eusa_dance:

Looks like we have about 18 peeps including spouses and significant others...:punk:

Breakfast on Saturday morning is at Grandma's Kitchen in Walcott at 9:30 and we are meeting at the Baymont at 9:00 and riding over there.

Friday night dinner plans are still up in the air but we are thinking that we meet at the Baymont at 7:00PM and then head to dinner and then to Sturgis.:eusa_dance:

Looks like we have about 18 peeps including spouses and significant others...:punk:

In case anyone is trying to look that up it's actually Gramma's Kitchen. Part of the Heart of America restaurant group. They have reserved a large portion of the place called Checker Flag Grill for us.

Friday night dinner is no longer in the air unless anyone has major objections.

Thunder Bay Grille in Davenport (also part of the Heart of America chain). This is just down the road from the Des Moines people's hotel. It will be a great place to relax for dinner after your ride down. They said they can set us up easily for between 16 and 25 people. They have a private room but aren't sure they can get us in there. They will be trying for one long table but we may just end up grouped. The biggest penalty to these two places is they are both adding on gratuity due to our size(18% at Thunder). But seems fair for accommodating this size group on a Friday night. We were all but told no chance at our first choices mentioned here.

Any issues or concerns?

BTW. how about the restaurant themes... THUNDER bay grill, CHECKER FLAG grille. Vmax all the way.

Okay, let me make sure I have this straight,

meet @ Baymont 7pm Friday:ummm:
Dinner Thunderbay Grille :clapping:
On to Sturgis:punk:

meet @ Baymont 9am Sat.:ummm:
Breakfast 930am:clapping:

That sounds Great to my wife an I

Roy

So far that sounds like the plan to me. Again, I'm pushing to leave sooner than later, which the way it sounds won't happen, but we should still be in town around 6ish. I'll call Nathan or Chris about Davenport ETA and let Jeff know when we plan to get to Iowa City.

Nathan,

Will be meeting you guys on Saturday morning with my other half aboard. My little bro. Bill is coming with on his Vulcan 750 (I warned him to hammer it the best he can on holeshots so he doesn't piss anyone off behind him). Jack Calhoun from Kewanee may be able to make it Saturday too (Fellow VMOA member).

Sounds good on the restaurant choices, too.

Okay, let me make sure I have this straight,

meet @ Baymont 7pm Friday:ummm:
Dinner Thunderbay Grille :clapping:

meet @ Baymont 9am Sat.:ummm:
Breakfast 930am:clapping:

That sounds Great to my wife an I

Roy

Yes sir! You have that correct!

Oh and the river is to peak at 18.8' now and stay there for 3-4 days... What a mess.

Hey Jeff... I suppose boating is out of the ??? now right? :biglaugh: Hell they stopped barge traffic due to the flood.

We are going to have a shit pot full of people there... I LOVE it! Bring your camera's and plenty of sunscreen on Saturday!

My G/F is going to be coming with me and it's her first time on MY bike and she hasn't ridden since 1994 or 5... Ugh... I just told her to hang on tight and lean with me... lol

My G/F is going to be coming with me and it's her first time on MY bike and she hasn't ridden since 1994 or 5... Ugh... I just told her to hang on tight and lean with me... lol

That's funny.... she just went for a ride with me a few days ago....

Sorry.... couldn't help it.

Yep, boating is out, I might try to make it over Sat. morning for breakfast, and meet a few more of the guys then head back to my hometown... they are having their annual "Fun Days" so there are a few buddies that will be there that I haven't seen in a while... oh, and there will be plenty of beer to drink as well. So park the bike at my parents house and hammer on the Bud... weiser that is.

Jeff

Sorry I keep "missing" your calls/texts Nathan. I tend to check my phone at work and don't like to call people back while I'm at third shift (but I think they appreciate that)! The bad part is I then tend to forget all my messages!

I'm penciled in for a ride with the M109 boys from ontheboulevard.org on Saturday, and am supposed to go to a graduation party early Friday evening! :( Trying to get out of it, but who knows.

Jay

Sorry I keep "missing" your calls/texts Nathan. I tend to check my phone at work and don't like to call people back while I'm at third shift (but I think they appreciate that)! The bad part is I then tend to forget all my messages!

I'm penciled in for a ride with the M109 boys from ontheboulevard.org on Saturday, and am supposed to go to a graduation party early Friday evening! :( Trying to get out of it, but who knows.

Jay

Hey Jay... I think you need to buy an M109R...:whistlin:

:biglaugh:

Back