Summa Grilin' recipes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like you folks have the beef expertise. The only thing I can offer, but most probably already know, is when it comes to the popular birds -- chicken/turkey -- let the meat sit in brine for about 12 hours before grilling/smoking/baking/cooking it. You'll never have to worry about a dry bird again!

Also when cooking boneless chicken breasts I find using a mallet to flatten them to an even thickness makes for even cooking.

I also have a pretty awesome mashed potatoes recipe:

-3lbs of red potatoes(was well and cut into eights)
-1 cup milk
-3 tbsp butter
-2 cups shredded gouda cheese
-2 tbsp prepared horseradish

Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Throw in some salt and bring the water to a boil. Cook potatoes until tender(poke it with a fork).

While the taters are coming up to a boil/cooking. In a small saucepot heat up the milk and butter until the butter is melted.

Once the taters are cooked, drain, and then put back in pot, add the hot milk/butter, gouda cheese, and horseradish and mash it all up and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.

Sooo damn good with a steak!

Also if you're ever grilling a cheap steak like a flank or london broil, try some Tiger Sauce with it... stuff is GREAT with beef!

Attachments

• tigersauce.jpg
    tigersauce.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 11
Also if you're ever grilling a cheap steak like a flank or london broil, try some Tiger Sauce with it... stuff is GREAT with beef!

Tiger sauce IS GREAT!!! I had never heard of it until working in Louisiana.

Great recipes but I'm a simple man. Meat goes on the fire with some basic seasonings and its good when done.

I'd like to take the time to do some of this stuff...someday I will but, no time soon.

One thing I don't see mentioned is Tuna Steaks! If done right, its as good (maybe better) than most beef.

High heat
Some redfish magic : https://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=365&iteminfo=1&productID=8
Slather some butter on while its cooking
Make 'em RARE!

Goes well with asparagus. I toss lightly with olive oil and add fresh black pepper and salt. I throw it on the grill before the tuna. I don't like mushy veggies. Best to me when they still have a bit of bite in them but the tips are cooked just a touch crispy.

I'll put some baked taters in the mix too.

Simple stuff that takes minutes and still tastes good.

Great recipes but I'm a simple man. Meat goes on the fire with some basic seasonings and its good when done.

I'd like to take the time to do some of this stuff...someday I will but, no time soon.

One thing I don't see mentioned is Tuna Steaks! If done right, its as good (maybe better) than most beef.

High heat
Some redfish magic : https://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=365&iteminfo=1&productID=8
Make 'em RARE!

Goes well with asparagus. I toss lightly with olive oil and add fresh black pepper and salt. I throw it on the grill before the tuna. I don't like mushy veggies. Best to me when they still have a bit of bite in them but the tips are cooked just a touch crispy.

I like this, Ive been keeping it simple and allowing a good cut of meat to speak for itself. Outside of a light salt and pepper dry rub, maybe a pinch of rosemary for pork, I dont do much. Looking forward to another year of trial/error learning.

I've normally always been a steak = grill guy. But lately I've been doing my steaks like the video and they've been coming out great. And couple this with the mashed tater recipe I gave above and it's heaven for me. It really comes down to the cut though in terms of doing a steak in a pan. But when it comes to just letting the meat speak for itself I think this method really works well. Fresh Thyme and garlic and flipping every minute really is a key part of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

High heat
Make 'em RARE!

Just reading up on these older threads saw the tuna steaks mentioned. I grilled these up not long ago. Marinated in poki sauce for about 12hr I cooked them a little too long but they were still delicious.
What I like even better for fish grilling steaks is marlin, or thresher shark. Great firm texture and really takes a marinade. It's like fish meats pork almost.
9fbcf10ceaa1cca2ee6d70c1f1c38708.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I've normally always been a steak = grill guy. But lately I've been doing my steaks like the video and they've been coming out great. And couple this with the mashed tater recipe I gave above and it's heaven for me. It really comes down to the cut though in terms of doing a steak in a pan. But when it comes to just letting the meat speak for itself I think this method really works well. Fresh Thyme and garlic and flipping every minute really is a key part of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

+1

I DO prefer grilled or broiled when possible, tho its really hard to get those hot enough without over doin it.

Pan fried i do just like Ramsey. Awesome..and , yes , it is that easy. Thanks for the vid.

T $

Forgot to mention, YES, cut of meat is absolutely important. Thos is why some young folks 'say ' they dont like steak..because they prolly grew up on 'ghetto steak' like some cheap chuck or somethin their folks made. If you arent eating good steak, you're not eatin steak. (Yes, there are several recipies for cheaper meat..crock pot/roasting/slo cook) . But a steak like thos (shown) shld be a GOOD cut of beef. Ym wont vary.

T $

Back