The surprise from my last thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to be as tactful as possible, because I honestly thought it was a joke at first. Like somebody had snagged that picture off of Craigslist and was pulling our legs by saying he was painting his bike to match. I can't think of a worse way to foul a VMAX, but once again, hey, this is just my opinion. Be interesting to see some final pics.

The color isn't unprecedented on bikes. While the color isn't my personal preference, and not a perfect match for the pictures below that may just be a function of the lighting. Let the builder finish his build. Then any pronouncements of shit or not shit will atleast be based on the completed work and less likely to prove to be a severely lacking imagination on the part of the pronouncer. I personally like the Gulf Racing theme.

custom-ducati.jpg

10_05_2011_gulf_honda_550_03.jpg

Hayabusa%20Gulf.jpg

5e546d7c0feefc242970dc2bd3f83293.jpg

walz_hardcore_le_mans.jpg

I dig it because its different! Not the color id go with myself but as has been stated, its all subjective to personal taste. My last bike was florescent orange and silver and the only thing that got folks riled up was my white rims, lol. My Max will be black n purple when im done and i guarentee ill be hearing it for years about my purple rims, lol.

The color isn't unprecedented on bikes. While the color isn't my personal preference, and not a perfect match for the pictures below that may just be a function of the lighting. Let the builder finish his build. Then any pronouncements of shit or not shit will atleast be based on the completed work and less likely to prove to be a severely lacking imagination on the part of the pronouncer.

Well to be honest, if you going at that approach, then the original poster shouldn't post anything until he is finished? If he wants to post something up, you have to be prepared for all opinions on it, finished or not finished.

Guys seriously get a grip ( I am not singling anyone out, so Blurr just because I quoted your post, I am not aiming this at you ), we are all big boys here. No one needs to be handled like a baby. We should be able to discuss our approval or disapproval. If simple words are upsetting to someone, I hate to see a real problem arise and how its taken care of.

The great thing about this country (USA) is that we are allowed freedom of speech. As long as we are not slandering someone, then we are free to speak our minds. Our fore fathers gave their lives up for this right. The country is going to hell in a hand basket enough as it is. If simple words offend people, well I don't know what to say. Vmax Mike has flat out told me the things he didn't like about my bike. Didn't bother me one bit, on some parts I agreed, on others it was my personal taste.

Lets not become a site that we are only allowed to say things that are deemed politically correct, and lets not become a site that trash talks things without proper acknowledgement of why.

SO without making 5 more pages of why or why not, lets stay on topic with the original posters intent. I've had many of my posts derailed and ruined here because others took them way off topic and turned them into flame wars. It sucks when you think your posting something cool and others ruin it. So lets not ruin his post with drivel! :bang head:

We are a great bunch of guys here, with varying opinions. Lets keep it that way.

Todd

:rant:

I agree with Todd 100%.......in all honesty, the reponses here were VERY cordial compared to what I would expect on other sites. If that was posted on the GSResources website, he would have been CRUCIFIED! :biglaugh:

I agree with Todd 100%.......in all honesty, the reponses here were VERY cordial compared to what I would expect on other sites. If that was posted on the GSResources website, he would have been CRUCIFIED! :biglaugh:

Haha! I can't agree more....maybe were so used to the norm here we don't realize how hostile many forums can be.

When I used to hang out on the 350Z forum it was brutal and full of assholes compared to here.

SO without making 5 more pages of why or why not, lets stay on topic with the original posters intent. I've had many of my posts derailed and ruined here because others took them way off topic and turned them into flame wars. It sucks when you think your posting something cool and others ruin it. So lets not ruin his post with drivel!

How the hell am I to get the hijack award with it's cool skull with all this peace and good will floating around, I ask?

I have a John Wyer Gulf GT 40 picture from when it was being campaigned. This is not it.
4692278764_6e06f73404_o.jpg

icon_all_rights.png
All rights reserved by Nigel Smuckatelli

images

Notice the vestigial front chin 'winglets', to help w/downforce. This is when the builders began paying a lot more attention to aerodynamics. I always liked this color contrast because of the ease w/which you could spot the car among all the others on the track and in inclement weather.

Remember the Ford GT-40 was built because when Ferrari was for-sale, he refused to sell it to Henry "The Deuce" and H Ford II gave his team a blank check and said, "win at any cost." They took Eric Broadley's Lola T70 design as a base, and made the Ford GT-40.

I have pics I took of the US (Formula 1) Grand Prix at Watkins Glen when they were filming John Frankenheimer's move 'Grand Prix,' and they used a Ford GT 40 w/o its front cap/bodywork. There was a huge Cinemascope camera mounted there, on a platform, and they followed the cars in practice to get footage for the movie. Because of a problem ($$$) in securing the rights to use the footage, all the film never made it into the movie for that race. They just showed James Garner receiving a trophy after the race was over, in another setting. Incidentially, there are some great shots of racers long-dead who appear as cameo actors, such-as Jimmy Clark and Graham Hill, in the movie.

I agree w/Blur, the scheme is a striking one. Can't wait to see this unusual livery VMax strut its stuff!

Well...if you throw something like this to the masses to comment on, one must expect the full rainbow of colorful phases it will draw...I'll give do credit for throwing it out there in the first place...

The white and black accents on the fenders/tank/scoops and side covers is not bad.. It would defiantly turn heads. In my humble opinion, the blue engine color takes away from the possible, “Oh Wow!!”, you could have gotten, when pulling up to a light. A black, Brushed Aluminum, or even a High Polished Chromed engine would make people stop and stare in envy, if that was your overall goal.
In two of the shots, you must have used Photoshop or something because the bike has a white engine and is in the exact same position and wet patterns on the ground is exact also. Try playing around with the bike with Black or Aluminum or a Chromed engine and post what it would look like.. That would be fun to see the possibilities. I do the same thing with R/C Helicopter canopies before painting.

Latest posts

Back