to those who fight so we can post. . . .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssnsltd

Reaction score
I shoveled the walk, I cleared the path as best I can.

for the ones who fight for those of us who do not, can not, or fight no longer.

the light is on to guide you home when you can come. should you decide to do so.

thank you.
happy new year, and did I say thank you?

Thanks for supporting us. It's always nice to see supportive people. Living in San Diego, you don't get much of that. Everyone just looks at you like a nuisance.

Here are a few pics from the past couple of years.

PictureorVideo019.jpg

PictureorVideo020.jpg

PictureorVideo278.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

s2_3f1386216e07d.jpg

sarjumps3.jpg

sarjumps.jpg

sarjumps2.jpg

This is my first image post here so bare with me. If these come out I will be surprised. This is my ugly mug. The group photo is my Platoon in Baghdad during OIF1. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I pray for all of the men and women that are in the fight and the one's that fight within themselves. To the fallen heroes I have worked with through the years, thank you for the ultimate sacrifice. You will not be forgotten.

This is my first image post here so bare with me. If these come out I will be surprised. This is my ugly mug. The group photo is my Platoon in Baghdad during OIF1. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I pray for all of the men and women that are in the fight and the one's that fight within themselves. To the fallen heroes I have worked with through the years, thank you for the ultimate sacrifice. You will not be forgotten.

Take a look here http://www.vmaxforum.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_how_to_post , it will help you get your pictures posted. :cheers:

I did my time and am eternally grateful for those that have picked up the torch to protect our Lives, our Liberty and our pursuit of Happiness!!!
May God bless you all and bring you home safe.
To my Brothers in Arms and Harms Way. All gave some, Some gave All. You will never be forgotten.
Cheers

Let's see if it works this time.

Attachments

• 1 1.jpg
    1 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_0587.jpg
    100_0587.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_2701.jpg
    100_2701.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 32
Thank you for serving your country . I can think of no better way to appreciate and understand what this country is all about .
U.S. Army Combat Engineers , S-2 , " Forward Observer " , '68-'74 .

Let's see if it works this time.

you go Airborne! those German wings? you get to do a "toy drop" at Bragg ?

Hey Bawls, is that an AK with the scope? when did they start handing those out?

Thanks to all you squids, wingnuts, jarheads and grunts!!!!!

LOL, no it's not an AK47... It's an M-14T (.308 sniper rifle). We were doing some testing with the coast guard before doing our Airborn Use of Force counter narcotics deployment off the coast of south america last year. I REALLY liked the m14 for shooting engines off, but they decided that we should use the Barrett M107 since we were going to be using the same ammo that we use in our machine guns and the .50cal is more forgiving.

IMG_3935.jpg

There's nothing like putting a 50 CAL through the block of an engine.
SWEEEeeeet!

Thanks For Serving Man.

From one vet to another.
82nd Sig Bat.
88-92

Naw, they are Aussie wings. It was a reup "incentive tool" hahahaha. I'm a lifer anyway. I guess they figured they should offer me something.

Our Scout Platoon got Barrett 50 cals right before we deployed to Iraq the first time in Feb 03. The only time I had ever seen one before that was at Guns Plus in Spring Lake NC. That weapon is a monster. They got pinpoint, devastating fire power. Those guys provided great over watch for a lot of missions in addition to they're regular sniper duties. Hat's off to em'.:punk:

I love the Barrett, I was a sharpshooter at one of the departments I worked for. I shot a savage 116 300wm. It is a good tool, 5 shots @ 120 yards and you can cover them up with a dime. I didn't like the stressing before shooting drills but but hey part of the straining. Nothing like sprinting 50 yards then crank out a quick 20 push-ups before shooting.

Up here during the crime conference, I got a chance to squeeze off a few rounds with one of FPD's officer's Barrett 82A1 50cal. I've wanted one ever since. one of these years, I'd like to pick up one. I'm liking the 99 in .416, but I'm leaning for the 98b :worthy:

here's a pic of me at the Coast Guard loran station's range getting some trigger time in with my Savage.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Savage116.jpg
    Savage116.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
I love the Barrett, I was a sharpshooter at one of the departments I worked for. I shot a savage 116 300wm. It is a good tool, 5 shots @ 120 yards and you can cover them up with a dime. I didn't like the stressing before shooting drills but but hey part of the straining. Nothing like sprinting 50 yards then crank out a quick 20 push-ups before shooting.

Up here during the crime conference, I got a chance to squeeze off a few rounds with one of FPD's officer's Barrett 82A1 50cal. I've wanted one ever since. one of these years, I'd like to pick up one. I'm liking the 99 in .416, but I'm leaning for the 98b :worthy:

here's a pic of me at the Coast Guard loran station's range getting some trigger time in with my Savage.

Yeah, that's exactly what we call them..."stress shoots". They suck but it sure gives you a good idea how you will shoot with your heart racing. They are doing a lot of combat oriented shooting more these days than we did 8 years ago for obvious reasons. I like the 98B when it comes to price for sure. $4500 is much better than 9k for the 82A1 but it is sweet. Although somewhat impractical, if I had the money I would sure have one. Hey, there is a good impulse buy to feed yer habit.:biglaugh:

My deer rifle in highschool was a .300 Wby mag with a 6-18x50 bushnell banner dusk and dawn scope. It would put rounds through the neck of a beer bottle at 100 yds, and pop the little mini coleman propane tanks at 300 lol. As good as it shot, I hated that damn gun. It would kick so hard that your shoulderblades would hurt afterwards. Now the m107... that's a fun gun to shoot. There's nothing like sending a 670 grain bullet downrange and feeling the barrel ratchet with no recoil.

Good times... Good times.

My next gun will be either a DPMS panther bull barrel .308, or a steyre scout .308

Latest posts

Back