toggle switch for the vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey now that's not a bad idea. I would be interested also to know if you could just splice into one of those wires.

has anyone connected a toggle switch to there vboost to have it open all the time instead of disconnecting the plug under the scoop?

I have a toggle switch in place of the controller. It is a DPDT switch that can open and close vboost on the fly.

Reading your other thread, I'm guessing you have a working controller and want to be able to simply keep vboost open for bike night purposes. If that is the case, a different switch would be used and the wiring would be simpler but it would NOT be an on the fly thing. You would be open to open the switch while vboost is cycling and that would stop the servo from closing the butterfly valves.

To do what I mentioned above you would just need a single pole toggle rated for 12V and maybe 5A (more can't hurt). Take off the left scoop. Find the rectangular plug that feeds vboost. This is the plug you would disconnect while vboost cycles to keep it open. There are three wires in the plug. One is positive, one is negative, and one is a signal wire. You can install you new switch on either the positive or negative. With the switch closed (ON) vboost will function normally. With the switch open (OFF) vboost will be stuck in whatever position it is in when you open the switch because there will be no power to the controller or servo motor.

i did exactly this a couple years back and actually just found the switch as i went to zboost.

i tapped into the black wire IIRC and actually removed it from the 3 prong plug. then just ran a switch in it. then i'd hit 'off' when the vboost self-cycled and left it open. I did it this way so i could just plug the metal pieces back into the plastic plug and it'd be back to how i found it.

definitely works. you can also turn the circuit on for stock or hit 'off' when its closed ot keep it from opening if you so want.

Now there's an idea-keep VBoost from operating so if you lend your bike to someone they won't know any better, that the VBoost isn't working, I suppose you could just unplug the round connector under the left scoop, a switch would be easier. Kind of like a 'valet' switch on a car.

Back