Took the big leap and ordered a full 4 into 2 exhaust system!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allisontech

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a full 4 into 2 exhaust system for my 2004 Max. I guess the "want factor" finally surpassed my need to keep money in my wallet.
I am going to keep the manufacturer "Secret",until the system is fully installed.
I will post information about the purchase, video of the modified exhaust before it is removed,installation pictures ,and any problems I run into,and finally video of the new exhaust system installed. The system is on the way to me now,so it may take a week or so to post all the information. This post should help answer many questions people have. "Lots of information to follow" :biglaugh:

Bill

sweet, good move man i'm sure the results will support your decision on the purchase....cant wait to hear the new sound.

What ever the system, you may need to shim the needles some and possibly 1 step up in main jet. Probably 3 to 3-1/4 turns out on the A/F Screws. That was the set up needed for Strafer to put out the best HP with a Mark's System. Should be very similar whatever 4-2 system you've ordered.

Be sure you are certain to have the system oriented correctly before you tighten anything up. LMK when you are ready and I could ride over to assist and maybe help you avoid some pitfalls during installlation...

Dave in St. Pete...

I am thinking you need to have that tech day so we could put it on. I promise you it would be much easier with the lift.

Dave thanks for the info!

I really should do that Kyle, "But I don't know how long I can wait!, after shelling out the bucks for this system I couldn't hold a tech day for a couple of weeks"

Ive got lots of transmission work in the shop also, must be tax refunds coming in.
Oh what to do, what to do! :ummm:

KosRider and Big Rubber all I can say is "it's not what everyone will expect!".

Good for you . One favor , if possible. Please weigh the new system , and when you remove what you have on there now , please weigh it as well. Weight savings is important to know as you remove and add aftermarket performance or bling. Wheels and exhaust are two biggies. :punk:

Good for you . One favor , if possible. Please weigh the new system , and when you remove what you have on there now , please weigh it as well. Weight savings is important to know as you remove and add aftermarket performance or bling. Wheels and exhaust are two biggies. :punk:

Will do!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just wanted to give a quick update, Ordered the kit the evening of the 8th and the kit arrived today on the 14th.Everything arrived in one piece and the packaging was excellent.
Shipping weight on the box shows 27 lbs, but the parts in my hands add up to about 24lbs extra on my scale,which I think is great for a dual set up."So far communication with the company has been excellent!". Pictures will follow once the kit is installed.:clapping:

Bill

Hurry up ! It dont take long send us some pics in a couple hours.

This is the worst possible week for me to have this kit to install, I'm super busy with the tranny work, And I'm heading to Leesburg on Thursday night.

Hey Kyle
What are your thoughts about the difficulty of installing a full dual setup? Should I honestly wait until someone who has installed one, looks over my shoulder? I really don't want to wait ,but it looks like next weekend would be the earliest I could attempt to install this kit. What do you think, I don't want to be plagued by exhaust leaks and other problems,is it really a 2 hour deal?, I figure it would take me 2 hours to get the stock set up off!

Bill

Your modified stock system is the best sounding set I've heard. I noticed that at the tech day too...

Bill, You're a mechanic. It should be no big thing if you want to do the system sooner. I was only offering to help. :biglaugh: Just leave the whole thing a little loose until it's all in place and you're certain it's oriented right. Then tighten... I believe Kyle will tell you the same thing...

Yep SpecOps hit it on the head. Its not hard at all specially when your working on a lift.:biglaugh: The hardest part is the inside bolts on the rear head but there not even that bad. I could ride out Next Saturday if you wanna wait & do it then but I think your plenty capable. Its not a problem for me I was planning on Riding some where on Saturday any way. I have not got to work on a bike in a while.LOL

Also, use new gaskets to have the best chance for sealing at the heads. You should have no problems, I'm a shade tree mechanic at best and was able to easily bolt up my Marks exhaust with little trouble.
I have a 4 into 2 but I laid it all out just to make sure I had the right pieces when I needed them. Like others have mentioned, leave 'em loose until everything is in place then bolt them up. I used a 9 mm Gear wrench closed end with a 1.25" long section of a allen head to get the rear inside exhaust flange nuts tightened.
Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing your new exhaust.

Also, use new gaskets to have the best chance for sealing at the heads. You should have no problems, I'm a shade tree mechanic at best and was able to easily bolt up my Marks exhaust with little trouble.
I have a 4 into 2 but I laid it all out just to make sure I had the right pieces when I needed them. Like others have mentioned, leave 'em loose until everything is in place then bolt them up. I used a 9 mm Gear wrench closed end with a 1.25" long section of a allen head to get the rear inside exhaust flange nuts tightened.
Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing your new exhaust.

he means 8mm

Back