um timing advance i think

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden763

Reaction score
ok i just got a vmax and right by where the harness plugs into the computer theres a small black solinoid looking thing with a thing that looks like a vacum line goes onto whats that for?

ok i just got a vmax and right by where the harness plugs into the computer theres a small black solinoid looking thing with a thing that looks like a vacum line goes onto whats that for?

That is the pressure sensor for the timing advance.

The rubber vacuum line connects to the inlet manifold of the front , left carb.

Inlet manifold vacuum pressure is sensed by a semi-conductor strain gauge in the 'solenoid looking thingy' and an amplified electronic signal is passed to the ignitor (ECU) which controls spark advance.

That is the pressure sensor for the timing advance.

The rubber vacuum line connects to the inlet manifold of the front , left carb.

Inlet manifold vacuum pressure is sensed by a semi-conductor strain gauge in the 'solenoid looking thingy' and an amplified electronic signal is passed to the ignitor (ECU) which controls spark advance.

thanks al;ot ya i got the bike and there is not anything on that for some reason

thanks al;ot ya i got the bike and there is not anything on that for some reason

You should probably get one. I am not an expert but I would think that this could cause problems without it. If it is also missing from the intake under carb #2 (left front) then it is also missing the nozzle that is inline in that hose.

Here are the Yamaha Part numbers:

Hose 90445-090A9-00 (small one from intake to nozzle)

Nozzle 41R-14489-00-00

Hose 90445-08715-00 (long one from nozzle to pressure sensor.

If it were me, I would at least have a hose from the intake straight to the sensor until I could get the Yamaha parts.

Latest posts

Back