Unable to sync right side to left

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
The right-front sync screw is bottomed so I split the rack and am going over the linkage. When idle thumb screw is all the way down I can still push down on the throttle linkage and the butterflies go down just a tiny bit. Is that normal?

I have tried to sync w/o the throttle cables attached at junction box and it makes no difference. I swapped sync gauge hoses, cleaned the Carbtune and same results. The right side vacuum reads pretty high and is over 5 bars above left side with #4 sync screw bottomed.

you do have the vboost valves still right and they are closed? did you have the rack apart before for anything or just now its not syncing?

Vboost is stock and closed. I just finished breaking the carbs apart and cleaning them. I probably screwed up a throttle linkage.

Mark, I had this same problem on Sallymax. Think something got bent in Sal's wreck, but I backed out the adjuster screw and using a pair of needle nosed vice grips, bent the tab back a little. This will give you the additional adjustment needed.

Actually, the tab is quite soft and bends easily. I think they might be built in 'adjustment points' that the factory uses to account for manufacturing variables.

Thanks Dan-o, I'll try that!

I have always had a bit of an issue with that sync screw. Usually the bike goes to perfect sync just as that screw bottoms out but not this time. I did get in an accident with the bike but that was 10 years ago. Thanks again!

Mark, I had this same problem on Sallymax. Think something got bent in Sal's wreck, but I backed out the adjuster screw and using a pair of needle nosed vice grips, bent the tab back a little. This will give you the additional adjustment needed.

Actually, the tab is quite soft and bends easily. I think they might be built in 'adjustment points' that the factory uses to account for manufacturing variables.

+1 was thinking a linkage bent and not getting full adjustment.

Thanks Dan-o, I'll try that!

I have always had a bit of an issue with that sync screw. Usually the bike goes to perfect sync just as that screw bottoms out but not this time. I did get in an accident with the bike but that was 10 years ago. Thanks again!

No problem Mark-o, just be sure to back the adjustment screw out so the tab has room to move. You can do this with the rack on the bike.

Dan, sent you an email.

So, you bent the middle tab towards the adjustment screw? The middle tab is the one the screw pushes against.

You too:confused2: Let me know what you find. I bought a new carbtune have yet to try it out.....

Sorry, forgot to respond on the final outcome. First things I did was lube the butterfly linkages and throttle cables. Then, I took a pliers and bent the tab on the right-front sync screw. It's the one that the last spring sits on. So you have sync screw/spring, tab, spring, tab.

Back