Users Vs. Contributers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoran6

Reaction score
I just wanted to open a discussion/ topic saying thank you to all of the contributors to this amazing library of technical advice and support. I am a user of this site, yesterday i realized this and felt bad. I really have nothing to contribute to the forum other than opinion (which i am careful to give, because it is JUST my opinion). I have little motorcycle knowledge or experience. I come here because of the contributors. You guys rock. From simple advice to complex troubleshooting, its covered here.
Really really really appreciate the community here. Again, Thank YOU!

We all fill a niche, its what make it more of a brotherhood, some stronger then others but all working for the greater cause! and with enflation everyones two cents is worth more anyway !

Users who hang out for a time will become contributers as their knowledge accumulates.
We're all here to help each other as best we can.... Best Forum that I'm a member of, Period..............

Internet forums are an excellent way to find information.
I've met people who swear by the motto of never posting, just using the information and leaving their questions unspoken, and there is some merit to being like that. Take what you need, leave no footprints. I do it all the time in other places.

Based on that, I would say that there could be any number of regulars here who just watch, read, learn and laugh at this website. It's the internet. It's totally OK! :biglaugh:

You can always fire-off a $ contribution to the site which we all know "Buster" would appreciate.

I am waiting on a "retro-rocket," as we called them, due at the end of the month, for contracturally-obligated increases in pay for the past two years, due to the diligent efforts of our union members. The administration arbitrarily chose to withhold our pay, breaking our labor agreement. It took two-plus years to re-establish our contracturally-obligated benefits and to collect our retroactive pay. Mine is going to pay-down debt.

Too-often recently the people who have chosen not-to-participate in unions have vociferously protested the "threat" of organized labor as being the downfall of our republic and the ruin of our financial system. Attributed as-being "greedy," "lazy," and worse, union menbers have seen their numbers decline as a percentage of the workforce since the 1970's. A favorite topic of derision by conservative "talking-heads," unions have had a tough time of it lately. Truly there is "strength in numbers." I have been a member of one or another of the branches of the AFL-CIO since the early 1970's and the benefits I draw today as a retired member are due to the advances in collective bargaining of organized labor. Presently I am an active NEA (education) union member besides a retired IAFF member (paid firefighters) as part of the AFL-CIO.

What's more, in some cases, I could erroneously be classified as a "double-dipper," as I am eligible now for two pensions! I am the person that certain political members (who label themselves as those who would frequent the Mad Hatter's social drinking event) who point their fingers at me, since my membership in organized labor is "all that is wrong with this country, the greedy union double-dipping worker!" love to criticize.

A "double-dipper" is someone who retires from a job, begins to draw a pension, and then is hired-back to work at the same job, usually w/o benefits, since they are probably getting benefits under their retirement anyways.

My jobs are in two different but related fields. The fact that I chose to enter the workforce and to obtain another job, after retirement, which is also unionized and which also pays benefits such as a pension, does not by definition make me a "double-dipper."

So my point is, that since I have benefitted by reading here and learning about my hobby and how-better to enjoy it, I am going to make a $ contribution to the site operation. I have both bought and sold items here, and it is my obligation and yours for each of us who acts similarly to make a paypal contribution. That's where part of my retroactive pay is going to go, to support the forum where I most-enjoy spending my time on the world-wide-web.

And, you get that neat tag/banner by your name, Contributor! :clapping:

For those of you who are interested in history, I have included two links to one of the most pivotal moments in organized labor history, which occurred in Detroit next to a Ford Motor Co. plant. It happened seventy-five years ago this May 26, and was subsequently and forever named, "The Battle of the Overpass." Harry Bennett, a former boxer who was hired by Henry Ford, the founder of Ford, had a group of 'muscle' who he used to terrorize the men who attempted to bring organized labor to Ford. Part of the Pulitzer Prize awards was begun because of the photography which you see here, which escaped the thugs' efforts to destroy any records of the assaults.
Walter Reuther, head of the United Auto Workers, was one of these men assaulted for trying to increase workers' rights and benefits.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/history/index.php?id=172

http://www.hfmgv.org/exhibits/fmc/battle.asp

thumbnail.aspx

Have 'bad things' happened because of unions? In some instances, yes, but the relief they have brought to the American worker far-overshadows any problems they caused.

Care for "some tea?"
thumbnail.aspx

You can always fire-off a $ contribution to the site which we all know "Buster" would appreciate.

+1 By using the "donation button" in the top menu as Fire-medic suggests to help keep this informative forum going, there are some cool perks that come along with it: 1) access to the "Forum Supporter Lounge" , 2) a "Forum Supporter" badge next to your forum site name, and 3) the Mod Monkey doesn't bite you as often !

"KosRider," I hope the cold snap has passed in Midland and that you are getting-in some good spring days. I think May and October are two of the best months in MI, unless you want to go swimming outside!

You are in-between US 27/127 and I-75, both of which have their southern origins in south Florida. One day I may take a trip up north along US 27, starting in Miami, where it begins.

Yes, the button is an easy way to make a $ contribution, good call!

I just wanted to open a discussion/ topic saying thank you to all of the contributors to this amazing library of technical advice and support. I am a user of this site, yesterday i realized this and felt bad. I really have nothing to contribute to the forum other than opinion (which i am careful to give, because it is JUST my opinion). I have little motorcycle knowledge or experience. I come here because of the contributors. You guys rock. From simple advice to complex troubleshooting, its covered here.

We were all in your position at one time or another. The longer you own and work on your bike, you will start to post about your adventures with it or some mods that you have done. For example, our good ol spikey friend Tim (cop runner), did a post about changing the color of the lights in his gauges. That post has snowballed to 33 pages and is now a sticky!:clapping: Way to go Tim!! Give it time and you will be a contributor too. And welcome to the forum!! :cheers:

Without users what good is a contribution? Without contributors what is there to be used? My point, each requires the other in order to be of any worth. A user is just as important as a contributor and vice versa, not one being more worthy than the other. Like the previous folks have said, your knowledge will grow and one day you will feel compelled to contribute. But please note, this forum also thrives on opinions. Like an asshole we all have one--some more shitty than others. Like you said its just an opinion.

Even a "I tried this" or "what about that" kind of post strengthens the well of knowledge that this forum offers. Because these kinds of posts, sparks ideas, and challenges old school mentality to evolve into something stronger

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Users who hang out for a time will become contributers as their knowledge accumulates.

Exactly. Don't feel bad or sorry about it....

When I came here I had a little MC experience, but knew nothing about the Vmax. Mostly from hanging around here, and some of my own fiddling, I learned a lot about the bike.

I wanted to "give back", so I wrote about some of the most common issues people have here....the group of "new owner" questions that are constantly asked, and the low voltage issue, because I chased that for months also, finding a tip here, suggestion there, mod here scattered about the forum. I fixed the issue, and wrote a post about steps to diagnose and fix it. Someone gave me my "post excellence" award for it. Over this winter I was bored one day, saw another group of threads asking about what oil to use and what tires are best, so I just started thinking up all the questions I had as a new owner of the bike, and since I now knew the answers(or at least think I do, haha), hammered 'em out. I've gotten tons of ideas from threads of others....including Tim's gauge color changing mod mentioned above.

So the point is it doesn't take decades of engine builder experience to be a contributor to the forum...though that certainly helps...lol. Did you get some new riding gear and have an opinion on it? post a review. Have a cool story from a ride? We'd love to hear it.

This post just made me to do some little donation, since I feel like I'm the leecher sometimes. The info here is just priceless, and big thanx to all the contributors!!!!

Vitek

Good, I appreciate all the feedback, makes me feel a little better and makes sense. Sometimes I feel better asking you guys for help than I would asking someone in person who acts like they know.

All i can say about this is that i just did the second gear fix on my bike with lots of help from morley and I've offered to pay it forward to anyone else that's doing it... That's the way it works here... You ask... You learn... You pass on the knowledge you have gained .... This forum has given me a family of brothers and sisters of vmax owners.... We are many... We are one... Hopefully that makes sense...

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

We were all in your position at one time or another. The longer you own and work on your bike, you will start to post about your adventures with it or some mods that you have done. For example, our good ol spikey friend Tim (cop runner), did a post about changing the color of the lights in his gauges. That post has snowballed to 33 pages and is now a sticky!:clapping: Way to go Tim!! Give it time and you will be a contributor too. And welcome to the forum!! :cheers:
i THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE " TIP OF THE HAT " " BUSTER , I'M JUST GLAD THAT IT WORKED OUT FOR SO MANY GUY'S , AND IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEM " THE USERS AND DOERS " ON THIS FORUM THAT IT WAS TAKEN TO THE NEXT LEVEL , AND THE LED'S WERE INTRODUCED INTO THE " MOD " ! .. SO ONCE AGAIN , I SINCERELY THANK EVERYONE ONE THIS FORUM AND FOR THE EXISTENCE OF IT ! . :punk: . http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2864

You can always be a contributor! When you pipe in and let others know your previous experience with something on your Vmax that can be directly related to the subject, then you are a contributor. You do not have to be an expert here, we learn from each other. You are still a contributor even if it has nothing to do with Vmaxes directly and you give your imput of experiences with other motorcycles or had seen another person have issues with something simular but not on a Vmax , you are still a contributor! Imput on any discussion is always helpful to others even if it has to do with the neighbors barking dog. This forum is a growning knowledge base that grows daily from others in the forum just like you. So welcome aboard! :punk:

G

Will ya look at that! A donate button!
Canadian dollars? WTF are they? Is it like Peso's?
And where the hell is Canadia?

That's the way it works here... You ask... You learn... You pass on the knowledge you have gained .... This forum has given me a family of brothers and sisters of vmax owners.... We are many... We are one... Hopefully that makes sense...

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

+10 Well said WVxNitemare..... well said. :clapping:

[FONT=arial,helvetica]
www.Vvallpaper.net_Dragon_angel_sensei_ying_yang_denge_high_definition_desktop_thumb.jpg

This Simbol(Yin-Yang) represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. They are not completely black or white, just as things in life are not completely black or white, and they cannot exist without each other. While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen: just as things expand and contract, and temperature changes from hot to cold.

We couldnt have one without the other. Of course when one becomes the other we will have perfect balance. This will never happen though, thats the beauty of the universe....IMHO

too metaphysical and cheesy???
[/FONT]

Sonoran, you have just contributed without realizing by getting peoples attention that this is a special resource we have and can show our love financially or intellectually. Many do both. Welcome and keep posting. We all can't be named Sean or Kyle!

I rarely get to be on here, and I am definitely a consumer and not a contributor. Only thing I've felt comfortable sharing my experience about is tires....... On the other hand, because of this resource I've:
Fixed my low speed wobble (video by Sean Morley).
Installed Progressive springs and Intiminators in the front.
Installed a 55W HID headlight.
Replaced my rotors and pads.
Installed a Muzzy fan and a fan switch.
and
and
and
THANK YOU EVERY ONE!!

Latest posts

Back