Vmax vs. deer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, just saw this post, hate to hear about it, but glad you're gonna be OK eventually.

We had a guy die on one of our rides last fall from a deer jumping him and clipping his helmeted head and knocking him unconscious and subsequently running into a guardrail. You were lucky I'll say that.

I ate the concrete at 140 once (tankslapper, shitty handling V65, even worse than a stock Max) and lived to tell so I've been there and know how much it sucks even tho' I broke nothing, just a load of road rash....

Cybermax

I love my Cyvermax, it looks totally bad-ass.

But yes you are correct, even after upgrading to a pair of 100 watt halogen bulbs in the Cybermax housing the output sucks big time, daytime visibility is excellent but the pattern on the road is completely worthless.

I avoid riding at night as much as possible due to this and am planning to mount a 100 watt pencil beam under the lower triple clamp when I figure out a clean way to do it,....

Good luck to you

Rusty

I like the look of my Cybermax too (get a lot of comments about it, some good, some bad), but I've found others I like more, and they are brighter too. So, bye, bye cybermax, plus mine is broken now anyway.

Excellent Post!!

I've been through this also and having to go see a doctor to get silvadene sucks, the stuff should be OTC IMO.

How's this 3M stuff compare to Silvadene?

Rusty

Never had the chance to try the Silvadene, although the tegaderm does have different types and one of the has Silver in it.

Yo Vendetta how goes the road rash??? It is in early stages so this is the best time to be getting it covered!!!
Cheers

Actually it's healing really well, I've always been a quick healer. I've been using bacitracin, it seems to work well. I had stitches in my chin, and they should come out tomorrow. It doesn't even hurt where I fractured my jaw, so I quit taking my vicodin days ago. I'll be back to work Tuesday.:punk:

GLAD YOUR GOING TO BE "OK" , AND YES YOU CAN MAIL THAT VICODIN YOU HAVE LEFT TO MY PO. BOX !:rofl_200: :biglaugh::rofl_200:MAN THATS CRAZY ! , DO YOU HAVE FULL COVERAGE ON YOUR INSURANCE ? I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT ! DO YOU THINK IF YOU WERE DOING 150-160 MPH'S & LEANED DOWN & BACK , YOU WOULD HAVE WENT WRIGHT THROUGH THE DEAR & JUST GOTTEN BLOOD ON YOU ?:confused2:ALL KIDDING ASIDE , I LOVE RIDING WITH NO HELMET ! BUT SHIT LIKE THIS MAKES ME THINK TWICE !

GLAD YOUR GOING TO BE "OK" , AND YES YOU CAN MAIL THAT VICODIN YOU HAVE LEFT TO MY PO. BOX !:rofl_200: :biglaugh::rofl_200:MAN THATS CRAZY ! , DO YOU HAVE FULL COVERAGE ON YOUR INSURANCE ? I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT ! DO YOU THINK IF YOU WERE DOING 150-160 MPH'S & LEANED DOWN & BACK , YOU WOULD HAVE WENT WRIGHT THROUGH THE DEAR & JUST GOTTEN BLOOD ON YOU ?:confused2:ALL KIDDING ASIDE , I LOVE RIDING WITH NO HELMET ! BUT SHIT LIKE THIS MAKES ME THINK TWICE !

This happened on I-87 to a couple during Americade, back in the mid - late 90's. They had a big touring machine, hit the deer just behind the rib cage and blasted right through!

Talking with one of the rescue guys the next day, he said it was an unbelievable mess, but everyone walked away...well, 'cept for the deer, of course.

Don't remember about the bike, but prolly beat up pretty bad I'd s'pose.

Finally some pics from the wreck.

WARNING: The following pics are graphic, parental discretion is advised.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 37
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 36
More

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 32
And more yet.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 19
Some more.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 16

Lol. I don't know if I could have gone through it or not. I love riding with no helmet, but I won't be doing it anymore.

This is why you should wear your gear.:bang head:
These were taken two days after the wreck.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 57
Oh MAN!! That looks sooo friggin' uncomfortable...I feel bad for you brother, but your arithmetic isn't scrambled, and that's a good thing!

Bacatracin works good, also Bag Balm, believe it or not....it's stuff they use on cows tits, has amazing healing qualities. You can find it on e bay if your interested.

Good luck man!!

danny

looks like you better keep the vicodin ! Holy shit ! Your lucky to be alive ! Theres nothing like cruising with just a pair of oakley's on , but i'll never do that again !

Oh MAN!! That looks sooo friggin' uncomfortable...I feel bad for you brother, but your arithmetic isn't scrambled, and that's a good thing!

Bacatracin works good, also Bag Balm, believe it or not....it's stuff they use on cows tits, has amazing healing qualities. You can find it on e bay if your interested.

Good luck man!!

danny
DANNY , HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS SHIT ?...:confused2:

Good luck man!!

danny

He's right. That stuff works great for healing wounds, mainly abrasions like you have. FDA won't approve it for human use. But it works... :confused2:

Last edited:
Glad you're more-or-less okay. The bike can be rebuilt. I used to ride around town without gear, but that seems to be where most of the idiots in cars are!

Sorry to hear about the wreck. I am glad to hear you are healing well.:punk: I was working in Gillette, WY last aug and sept. Were in Gillette did it happen?

Hey man just checkin in to see how you're doin since the accident. Hope all is well and you've recovered fully.

Back