Wave rotor for rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a tight fit for my setup but was always able to wiggle it out of there when changing the tire.

+1 Brian. I've got your adapter on my 17" Kossman wheel. But it takes a bit of wiggling to get her off!

Dale #2592

i have speed bleeders on my caliper too! they're even taller than stock.

so just to have things strait, in order to do the ebay arashi wave rotor whether using stock or R1 caliper, you will need an adapter to make room for it to fit? For now I plan to do a few bikes and want to make sure for the stock caliper the adapter is all you need.

Thanks.....

so just to have things strait, in order to do the ebay arashi wave rotor whether using stock or R1 caliper, you will need an adapter to make room for it to fit? For now I plan to do a few bikes and want to make sure for the stock caliper the adapter is all you need.

Thanks.....

Michael,

it depends on the model year:

- 85 to 92 need the adapter (OEM rotors are smaller)
- 93 to 07 do not need an adapter (OEM rotors are the same diameter 298mm)

Michael,

it depends on the model year:

- 85 to 92 need the adapter (OEM rotors are smaller)
- 93 to 07 do not need an adapter (OEM rotors are the same diameter 298mm)

I'm sorry, let me clarify myself. I know the front on the 93 or newer is just swap out. I meant to say if I used the front rotor on the rear do I need an adapter for stock or r1 calipers?

I believe you do. I did have to use one on my '86 when I went from OEM to wavey (Chinese) with the OEM '86 caliper.

It's really down to the rotor diameter. If it's a 298mm I think you need the adapter. If it's the same diameter as the rear OEM you don't.

I believe you do. I did have to use one on my '86 when I went from OEM to wavey (Chinese) with the OEM '86 caliper.

It's really down to the rotor diameter. If it's a 298mm I think you need the adapter. If it's the same diameter as the rear OEM you don't.

I know 4Gasm did this to his bike and I send an email to him and Sean Morley about this. I'll reply back here once I get confirmation.

I am working a deal with the ebay vendor that is a pretty good savings for 3 sets. I also have one of my local vendors in the USA working me a deal to see if he can beat it. Details will be posted alike!

Thanks

i would assume not for either. they are thinner rotors i believe so it should fit even easier.

If you are installing a '93+ (298mm) front rotor on the rear wheel you need to install a caliper adapter. Sean sells them. Jedi Makes them. They are reasonably priced and the one I had bolted right on with no issues.

No matter what year your bike is, you will need an adapter for the rear brake caliper if installing a 298mm rotor.

No matter what year your bike is, you will need an adapter for the rear brake caliper if installing a 298mm rotor.

+1
Chris (4gasm) is running Galfers front and rear. If I remember right, he didn't go with a 298 out back, just the stock sized.

I see that there is a 282mm wavy rear rotor on ebay that should be a direct bolt on replacement. Bad thing is the vendor states they are out of them for 6 months.....guess I will be getting the 292mm with the adapter from Sean!

Thanks guys.........

Back