Well my time has come:-(

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V4bandit

Reaction score
Took the bike out for a ride to meet up with a buddy and I hit her pretty good leaving a stop sign. The bike felt really lazy to me and when I let off the throttle it seemed to be losing power. It finally came around but when I stopped at the next sign I could hear a knocking in the motor.

Limped her home and dropped the oil to find small metal shavings all through my filter and on the magnetic plug :tantrum:

I fear I might be in for a new motor, the knocking was pretty loud. The piss off is that I just did 2nd gear and updated the segment, new rings, etc. 10000kms ago. I didn't see anything wrong when I had it apart.:bang head:

The only up side of this is snow is coming and its not like I'm missing out on prime riding weather.

From the stories I see like this, I think a mandatory inspection of the conn rod big-ends and the crank journals to-include measuring clearances, besides a visual inspection, is warranted whenever the engine cases are split.

Perhaps the process may show excessive wear, and prevent these instances, to some-degree.

Wow sorry to read this, I been runny my bike this hard at the track. I thank next year no track time easy reading for me.

Latest posts

Back