What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monkey protection .

LOL!! Note that the ad says "Support the Monkey....". We like this, but I will say that it really provides no protection from us, just from having butts like ours:rofl_200:Of course a Maxgasser or Morley Muscle seat will do the same and make us much more happy.

Now that I`m beefing up the max a bit, I was going through a local thrift store with my G/f and came across a complete pager alarm and so I bought it for only a few bucks too, so now I just need to install it.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Now that I`m beefing up the max a bit, I was going through a local thrift store with my G/f and came across a complete pager alarm and so I bought it for only a few bucks too, so now I just need to install it.

Cool Dave, keep us up to date on the install.....pics n shit....you know! :biglaugh:

Where's that 'monkey thing' now....eh? Here's a great mod, very few dollars....I would have expected him in here grunting his hairy ass off! :ummm:

Hmmm, maybe the monkey has a night job?:confused2:

Very good job! Nope, no night job, my job is an ALL DAY LONG job. We never sleep, rarely eat, and concentrate totally on your bikes. Like the idea of getting a really cool mod for a good price! You have earned short reprieve from your Monkey.

Cool Dave, keep us up to date on the install.....pics n shit....you know! :biglaugh:

Where's that 'monkey thing' now....eh? Here's a great mod, very few dollars....I would have expected him in here grunting his hairy ass off! :ummm:

Hmmm, maybe the monkey has a night job?:confused2:
I want to install it under the back seat but to do that, I may have to do some cutting as the transmitter is pretty big it`s 5 3/4 *4 1/2 * 1 1/2
so it` going to be a fun one trying to hide it.
It also has special piezo microphones that hear when the bike is moved in any way.

Went for a cruise today. Had to make sure the V-boost was still working. Oh yaa. I checked it several times just to be sure. Love that new pipe. Ride safe Rand.

In order to get the transmitter to fit under the rear seat, I had to cut the plastic fin under the seat and the one on top of the rear fender.

nd this is what came in the kit, a transmitter, beeper and two sensetive piezo mic`s that can hear when the bike is being tampered with which I mounted under the kick stand and one right by the shift mechanisim.(They will hear when the bike is being shifted into nuetral and the kickstand is being raised)
They are blue but soon to be painted flat black.The only thing that I need now is a small antena to send the signal to my beeper.

Attachments

• 105_5905.jpg
    105_5905.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 105_5906.jpg
    105_5906.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 105_5908.jpg
    105_5908.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 105_5909.jpg
    105_5909.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 105_5910.jpg
    105_5910.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 9
started into the harness to try to find the WET wire.no luck yet,anyone know what this is for?blue on one end green on the other.

Attachments

• max wires.jpg
    max wires.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 20
  • .max wires.jpg
    .max wires.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 22
hit the bike down to I town bike night friday.
put the max on the dyno. the guys that run the dyno gave me a free run.
just to upset the HD guys. nothing like a stage 7 max with kerker 4into1 (comp baffle)
running on fuuny fuel. all cooped up in a dyno trailer.
had alot of compiments on the max.life is good

I really missed mine today. It's luverly and warm and sunny here in Paris, and I keep walking past a Van Van and seeing this guy ride an ol' Guzzi.

Then I think about my Max, hidden away in Tampa in her capsule cover..

Put the oem mirrors back on '99.....much rather have black ones but can't beat the site picture of the oem's....imo.

Installed the lil' pirate guys vmaxcruzer sent me....thanks Kenny!! :worthy:

Attachments

• 100_2064.jpg
    100_2064.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 25
yesterday I had the fantum slow cranking happen when I got home from work and tried to start right back up. So today I unhooked all my grounds and cleaned surfaces. I also unhooked starter and cleaned that post. I added a ground from left side harness over to grounding location on right side. Result so far today in 100 degree temps is Max is cranking great!!!! Hope it stays that way:biglaugh:

Started a list of things to do over the winter that isn't going to break my bank.

• Pull the intake manifolds then smooth and polish them
  • drill and tap for nitrous nozzles
  • get some hardline and bend up for an external nitrous setup
  • Relocate the solenoids to the front of the battery box
  • modify stock heatshield to protect solenoids, remount
  • Repaint bodywork
  • buy Sean's Jet Kit
  • Remove the red from the scoop inserts and grill
Should be able to do everything for under $300 :eusa_dance:

:biglaugh:Hit the start button first thing this morn :biglaugh: fired,came home at lunch, hit the start button :biglaugh: fired , came home the end of the day ,hit the start buttton:biglaugh: fired. Now if I only knew what the hell was wrong:bang head: with it I could fix it:ummm:

Last night at 7:00 I got a 300 lb. Crate from Pinwall. It was supposed to come between noon and four. Sorta like a cable installer. I opened the crate to find a solid block of expanding foam. So today I've been removing the foam an inch at a time. So far I've uncovered two valve covers and a v-boost manifold. More later.

Back