What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a Morley Muscle Seat........Thanks Pizza Runners:worthy:

I then went for a test ride in 22 degrees F......

Let me tell you what......that seat is the BEST mod you could do......

It is everything they say......and more

I would give up my Supertrapps before I gave up that seat.....

Yes it is THAT good:clapping:

It's been beautiful every day here but I haven't been able to get on the bike - too busy moving out and getting ready to get on the road..

Thursday I'm gonna U-haul everything inc. the bike to Tampa, so hopefully I'll get a last ride on Friday!

I installed a Morley Muscle Seat........Thanks Pizza Runners:worthy:

I then went for a test ride in 22 degrees F......

Let me tell you what......that seat is the BEST mod you could do......

It is everything they say......and more

I would give up my Supertrapps before I gave up that seat.....

Yes it is THAT good:clapping:

yupp!!!! fits well? matches well? right?

i love the seat.

Ordered a new airshifter and steering damper.

which damper?

i assume u saw my review?

Yup, I read it. I trust your's and Rusty's judgement as he's running one too.

I used to have one laying around here in pieces waiting for a rebuild. But like my old airshifter, several of the parts are gone.

When I was out of town working, my nephew and his friends did alot of damage to parts (falicon crank, turbo, nitrous, transmissions and two XS11 motors.) If they were'nt stolen, they were moved outside so he could use the shed as a heated, lighted, clubhouse with telephone. I won't even get into the missing tools.

I quit adding up after $7k. the shit gets out of jail after a 2 year, multi theft charged, stint next month.

What a glorious afternoon today in Dallas. Sunny, mid-60's, no wind. I played hooky this afternoon, took the '02 out, loaded with Seafoam and beat on it all afternoon. Ran more than a tank through it...and poof - no more popping back through the carbs, and it pulls like a freight train, now.

Seafoam, you are a wonderful thing.

Next up: new tires (tomorrow), then new plugs and a carb sync.

Yup, I read it. I trust your's and Rusty's judgement as he's running one too.

I used to have one laying around here in pieces waiting for a rebuild. But like my old airshifter, several of the parts are gone.

When I was out of town working, my nephew and his friends did alot of damage to parts (falicon crank, turbo, nitrous, transmissions and two XS11 motors.) If they were'nt stolen, they were moved outside so he could use the shed as a heated, lighted, clubhouse with telephone. I won't even get into the missing tools.

I quit adding up after $7k. the shit gets out of jail after a 2 year, multi theft charged, stint next month.

wow i'm sorry bro. hopefully there was a nice kick to the ass?

if u got any more questions, feel free to email me. morgan(dot)ga[AT]gmail(DOT)com , or ask away!

What a glorious afternoon today in Dallas. Sunny, mid-60's, no wind. I played hooky this afternoon, took the '02 out, loaded with Seafoam and beat on it all afternoon. Ran more than a tank through it...and poof - no more popping back through the carbs, and it pulls like a freight train, now.

Seafoam, you are a wonderful thing.

Next up: new tires (tomorrow), then new plugs and a carb sync.

awesome man! and u were worried about the carbs!!!!

How about new teardrop headlight and ape hangers? I know quite a few of you probably want to shoot me for doing this, but this is my 2nd Vmax and I wanted to do this one different. I've had quite a few bikes in between and got used to the comfort. It's much easier to make a vmax comfortable than to make a Harley fast!! Mark.

Attachments

• IMGP0498.JPG
    IMGP0498.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 28
  • IMGP0499.JPG
    IMGP0499.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP0502.JPG
    IMGP0502.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP0503.JPG
    IMGP0503.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 27
I went to Fatmax's website and saw pics of his Famax faux tank. There were no part numbers or prices listed!.

I have one on hand if you are interested - didn't you already know that lol! It's even brand new!

Sean

awesome man! and u were worried about the carbs!!!!

Maybe I dodged a bullet. I still detect the tiniest bit of popping on decel (once and a while), but it's minimal, at best. I wonder if the Kerker comp baffle will richen it up enough to even get rid of that...at least that's the excuse I'm going to use when I snag one from Sean one of these days. :eusa_dance: But, it's really running well, right now.

Given my luck, all will immediately go to hell when I install new plugs, however. :bang head:

How about new teardrop headlight and ape hangers? I know quite a few of you probably want to shoot me for doing this, but this is my 2nd Vmax and I wanted to do this one different. I've had quite a few bikes in between and got used to the comfort. It's much easier to make a vmax comfortable than to make a Harley fast!! Mark.

different look. i'd like to try ape's sometime see what they feel like.

Maybe I dodged a bullet. I still detect the tiniest bit of popping on decel (once and a while), but it's minimal, at best. I wonder if the Kerker comp baffle will richen it up enough to even get rid of that...at least that's the excuse I'm going to use when I snag one from Sean one of these days. :eusa_dance: But, it's really running well, right now.

Given my luck, all will immediately go to hell when I install new plugs, however. :bang head:

good luck man. one thing at a time, that way u can alwasy go back

as for me.

got these in the mail:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0500323483&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

gonna attach them to the end of my walkers when they get coated this winter. gotta talk to sean about the best way to do it and if i should or he should when he gets 'em.

Yea, I think we can do it. Weld nuts to the inside of your current flanges (will need to drill off the end caps to get access to it).

Sean

Back