What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the way home from work I hit 140 mph for the first time since I rebuilt my bike after the accident. Actually this dumbass in like a 2000 model Mustang GT was egging me on so I decided to see what the Max had. Needless to say he never got close after I hit 3rd gear.

There was absolutely no wobble, straight as a pin and quicker getting there. I''ll tell ya, Those Carrozzeria Wheels with the Metz Radials make a world of difference :biglaugh: Hated that I wrecked my bike, but I gotta say I'm sure glad I got a set before they discontinued them.:eusa_dance:

The weather was great here in PA this weekend and not too bad the past couple days. I decided to pull it out of the garage and put a few miles on before the big winter chill. Rode it in to work yesterday. Made an impromtu stop at the auto parts store to pick up a gallon of oil, antifreeze, gear lube, dielectric grease, oil filter, etc, etc. A couple of bungee cords and some electrical tape held it all to the sissy bar.

Went home and changed the oil and gear lube. I'm thinking I may be done for the winter. It needs a good cleaning and fueled up and it will be ready for its nap in the basement. I hate this feeling.

Attachments

• 1110091819a.jpg
    1110091819a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
debating whether to get my front tire changed for the run this weekend. current depth is only to the end of the words on the penny trick. 1/2 way to lincolns head.

Teh Rat is running well. I put the carbs on from ebay and put the carbs with the stage seven kit in them on the shelf. Changed the oil, rotors and put the piece in the front rim that turns the speedo. Then I fixed the temp gauge and ran out of things to fix. The bike is running at 100% of what I think this poor 24 year old bike can handle.
So I took it out and flogged it. After riding SM's the last 4 years it was a nice change. Spinning the rear tire 30 -40 feet at will is still fun. And maybe I am a better rider now. Maybe this Max is stronger then my 93. Or maybe the ass to gas ration is not the same now(I am over 100lbs heavier then I was when I had my old max), but this one wheelies much easier. It just feels good to be on a VMax again. Even if it is a rat.

IMG_0908.jpg

Now its time to start repainting the motor and look for body work that is in tact. Every piece on it has major cracks..

Synced the carbs and put the throttle and grips on , went to put mirror back inline to find its the stem that it bent or should i say straight . But its now where it should be so all is good .

I finallllly got a day off work so after I tarp up the water cooler on the roof, I`m going to tackle that popping problem `cause now it`s spread to the right side.
I`m lead to believe that it`s the cops because I read that the Denso`s are defective and they leak and ark out on the motor even when they appear to be in good shape so, I`m going to get some mitsubishi ones as they are supposed to be the best ones out there.(Friday is my first pay day so Garret, be on the look out for your money order next week sometime):eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

I`m lead to believe that it`s the cops because I read that the Denso`s are defective and they leak and ark out on the motor even when they appear to be in good shape so, I`m going to get some mitsubishi ones as they are supposed to be the best ones out there.(Friday is my first pay day so Garret, be on the look out for your money order next week sometime):eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

That's interesting - so far I'm pretty sure everyone has had great luck with the Densos but not so much with the Mitsubihis?

I changed the map today,ran one 5% leaner across the board, not good popping on excelleration going to put the other one back in and adjust the throttle bodies tonight or tomorrow. need to get ready for the easterners ride.:clapping:

I polished a solenoid for my dual purge setup. Thinking on where to put it and how to make the bracket and LED lighting, for the fog, mounting.

Also sent out a few emails about aquiring a supercharger. After I graduate, I'm going to get blown :rofl_200:.

Wash, wax, overall inspection today. Added it my insurance, but couldn't get it registered due to the holiday.

Did manage to change out a burned out taillight bulb. Whew, thank goodness for the Service Manual and Clymers... :biglaugh:

I think I have cornered the market on Seafoam, temporarily.

That's interesting - so far I'm pretty sure everyone has had great luck with the Densos but not so much with the Mitsubihis?
Well I did the spray bottle test and no fireworks so, I guess either the shrink tubing I put on them worked or ?? .:ummm:
But I changed the air filter and the fuel filter was dirty so I changed that too
and tomorrow It`s off to auto zone for some sea foam cause the popping has calmed down some but because the fuel filter was so dirty, maybe something got into the carbs, cheap gas??.:confused2: The throttle response was really crappy also but improved some when I changed the filters
and, I disconnected the T-Boost.
<<Dave>>:ummm:

Got my new Galfer SS clutch line in the mail today. Thanks Sean!!

Bike's been under cover for most of the week - was away at the weekend, and weather's been a bit shit since. Hope to fit this and ride it soon, I only have about a week left 'til I go to Europe..

today I put a littel fatter map in mable and resync the throttle bodies,quick blast up the road seems better ,Ill take a ride in the morn to make sure.

new front tire for the last eastern ride (or one of the last)!!

the new 120 shinko seems to have less runout. so i turned my damper all the way to the lowest, and i couldn't get it to decel wobble, at all. interesting huh?

the new 120 shinko seems to have less runout. so i turned my damper all the way to the lowest, and i couldn't get it to decel wobble, at all. interesting huh?

Makes me wonder if the descel wobble has more to do with the tire cupping as is wears (even if not visibly) than the actual profile (zigzag line in the middle)

new front tire for the last eastern ride (or one of the last)!!

Makes me wonder if the descel wobble has more to do with the tire cupping as is wears (even if not visibly) than the actual profile (zigzag line in the middle)

Trying to get a handle on the V Max wobble is like trying to grab a handful of smoke.....you think you got it.....and you don't!!! :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

G-I didn't have a wobble, I installed a brand new Shinko front and had a wobble!

Back