What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a nice little cruise today, prolly 30 miles or so, picked up some fittings and shortened each rear signal light stem 1 3/4" on the bike on the left...the '99.

The front ones were done a few weeks ago.

Looks good Dan..I like the short look.
That garage looked really nice with the 8-10 bikes we had inside in the spring:punk:.

Looks good Dan..I like the short look.
That garage looked really nice with the 8-10 bikes we had inside in the spring:punk:.

Thanks Chris....seriously thinking about adding on to the left side of the barn...like 8' - 10', whatever I can get there....may just need it for Brownie Run bike storage this spring....eh?

Dropped the Max at the dealer this morning for its 600-mile service. :th_scared:

Jesus Tom....don't start your sentence with "Dropped the Max...." ya 'bout gave me heart failure....especially given your 'less than nimble' B-King moves in the past!!! :rofl_200:

Jesus Tom....don't start your sentence with "Dropped the Max...." ya 'bout gave me heart failure....especially given your 'less than nimble' B-King moves in the past!!! :rofl_200:

Sorry about the blast to your ticker, Danny. :biglaugh: So far so good. Heck, I even rode through some soggy grass on Saturday and managed to not drop it. Max sits a bit lower (especially with MY ass on it). If m-cman ever reports seeing me:

shots.gif

...you'll know why, though.

i read dannys post first, then read yours jayhawk, and it still made me cringe. haha

Today we had some nice 50 degree weather with little or no wind, Great day to ride with the sun coming out later in the afternoon too!
I adjusted my HD440's to the 2nd preload notch and man did that ever make a difference! The rear end behaved like it never had before! Over sharp bumps (pavement pushed up 1-3") it pretty miuch eliminated the big hit. Over dips/ depressions and corners the rear stayed in line with no wallowing like with the stockers. I'm going to try one or two more notches tomorrow on my favorite 90 mph, bumpy corner that always had the bike wallowing like a pig. Maybe I'll be able to hit 100!!!:punk: The wider Flanders handlebar has added a extra degree of control up front too.

Signed,
Longing for radials in da U.P., eh?

Today we had some nice 50 degree weather with little or no wind, Great day to ride with the sun coming out later in the afternoon too!
I adjusted my HD440's to the 2nd preload notch and man did that ever make a difference! The rear end behaved like it never had before! Over sharp bumps (pavement pushed up 1-3") it pretty miuch eliminated the big hit. Over dips/ depressions and corners the rear stayed in line with no wallowing like with the stockers. I'm going to try one or two more notches tomorrow on my favorite 90 mph, bumpy corner that always had the bike wallowing like a pig. Maybe I'll be able to hit 100!!!:punk: The wider Flanders handlebar has added a extra degree of control up front too.

Signed,
Just be careful Brian, I don`t wanna read `bout you droppin` off the vmax LOL.:rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

Signed,

It's true that when you hit the right setting on the 440's, it makes a huge difference - I tried a bunch of different settings over the same stretch of rough twisty road till I found the right setting for me.

The 440's are some very nice shocks for ride comfort and handling.

Mike

i'm still deciding whether to sell one set of my 440's or keep it for myself. the blacked out ones are gorgeous. man just wondering if they're worth it when my stockers work fine.

It's true that when you hit the right setting on the 440's, it makes a huge difference - I tried a bunch of different settings over the same stretch of rough twisty road till I found the right setting for me.

The 440's are some very nice shocks for ride comfort and handling.

Mike
I have intiminators on order so I'm really looking forward to see how that improves the fork action. I have progressive lowering springs in now lowered 2", I think I'll just add the Intiminators to raise the front up a bit. I can always adjust the spacers back to the 2" if it doesn't help. I'm also adding delrin motor mounts this winter so I should improve over what I'm running now. (stock/ 2" lowered forks)
I'll be as careful as I normally am, but I like to push it now and again to maintain the "edge". :punk:

Houston to Corpus and Back. Rode to Corpus Christi Friday and then back today. For about 440 miles plus a few around town in CC. Beautiful weather but tons of bugs.

I have intiminators on order so I'm really looking forward to see how that improves the fork action. I have progressive lowering springs in now lowered 2", I think I'll just add the Intiminators to raise the front up a bit. I can always adjust the spacers back to the 2" if it doesn't help. I'm also adding delrin motor mounts this winter so I should improve over what I'm running now. (stock/ 2" lowered forks)
I'll be as careful as I normally am, but I like to push it now and again to maintain the "edge". :punk:

Hate to say it Brian, it looks like the mod monkey is just getting settled in for the long winter at your place - will be interesting to see Redbone in the spring.

Mike

Yeah but I have air ride.LOL:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:No more springs for me.
<<Dave>>:punk:

600-mile service completed on Friday. Haven't found a single thing wrong, loose or otherwise with this bike. Yamaha's quality control, fit and finish...terrific. Really impressed.

nice to hear jayhawk. took her out for a 40 mile ride yesterday and rode her to work today... since the frame braces made takign the h-covers off a pain in the ass and i was either a. stripping bolts and b. stripping the female threading inside the manifold i isntalled some studs and am using wingnuts to hold them on. we'll see how they hold. using some wave lock washers on some of them to see if they hold better, cant' use normal lock washers as there isn't enough thread.

Sunday I rode up to Mentone and back 150 + miles there and back. What an incredible machine.

Last Saturday a buddy and I when on a breakfast run. We left at 8:30 and returned 3:30 in the afternoon. It hit 72 degrees and we rode about 220 miles give or take. After breakfast we stopped in Clarinda, IA and rode by Glen Miller's old house. Gas mileage was very good at 40 and 42 mpg.

Now, back to Ed Patronick's carbs. The bike was originally a New Jersey bike and I'm finding beach sand in the float bowls. WTF?

Back