What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to wrap my MAX soon. The paint horror story helps me feel better about my decision.

How do you like the bar end mirrors Caleb?

I considered them, but dont want to widen my bike width, perhaps some that dont go staraight out the end?

I got my new drag bars in yesterday! Thank you Garrett!

Just got them on the bike.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Sorry for the iPhone pics, but is all have on me.

I like the look, but they feel totaly different from the stockers. I feel like I lost some of my lower speed turning radius, kinda strange.
I guess I'll give them a week or two to see if they grow on me.

Thanks again Garrett for the hookup!

glad u like 'em man. was the condition accurately represented on my end?

glad u like 'em man. was the condition accurately represented on my end?

Yeah they were great, just a little glue on the right end and that was it. They made it through the shipping process just fine too, due to how well you packed them up. :)

Thanks again

I changed the mains to Mikuni 150's. Current setup:

Carbs: Morley kit
Exhaust: Mark's SS 4-2
PAJ2: 177.5
Mains: 150
Floats: 17 mm
Slide springs: stock
Vboost: open full time

low end and midrange seem a bit better. I have yet to test WOT for upper midrange and main because cars are too slow for morning commute. :)

Yeah they were great, just a little glue on the right end and that was it. They made it through the shipping process just fine too, due to how well you packed them up. :)

Thanks again

no problemo u can actually thank devin (44 magnum) used the same packing and box as he sent some stock ones my way in march.

too bad it took so long, but damn for $10 vs $35 i didnt' see it worth it!

Went out and sanded the light coat with 1000 grit wet & dry and shot the final coat of gloss black.
I don`t know why but the tank top is really hard to get a good finish on it, but for now it looks really good and, I just hope it stays that way `cause I`m going stir crazy not being able to ride my bike.
<<Dave>>:coolgleamA:

installed LSL rear sets.

No instructions other than a small sheet translated 9 different ways saying "remove stock foot peg assemblies, bolt full assembled LSL rearsets in place using supplied hardware with some big disclaimer about dying and not hooking up your rear brakes.

One problem, my LSL rearsets were not assembled. Now, I'm a retard when it comes to assembly. I can follow directions but give me no directions, and I'll end up welding something to my forearm.

Long story short, 2.5 hours later they are on. I can't ride it to test out my failing brakes or non working shifter because my little girl is sawing logs.

My battery ain`t worth a shit (It wont hold a charge) so I jump started it off the car and went for a ride down the freeway for a few (20) miles and boy did it feel good !!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I go crazy if I can`t ride that thing for more than a couple days just can`t wait to burn a tank full.
Fargo... Where are you man ????? Maybe we can get Bob to join us for a good ride.
<<Dave>>:coolgleamA:

Just put my NEW Slip On's on !!!!! Look Awesome,,,Sound Awesome.........Yes they are Cobra Slash Cuts......But for 200.00 on E bay !!! These will do until next year, and the Hole Shot 4 into 2 will go on...... Until then I have RUMBLE !!!!!!!!!! Happy !!!!

IM001451.jpg

Mapped out the individual LEDs, now that planes are flying again, I'm waiting for the twin 12" tubes for the bellypan then I'll do the entire install.

(nice thing to do when installing LED's is use just one, and attach it to a 9v battery, then place it around the area your looking to light up. it makes setup and installation more smooth)

just put my new slip on's on !!!!! Look awesome,,,sound awesome.........yes they are cobra slash cuts......but for 200.00 on e bay !!! These will do until next year, and the hole shot 4 into 2 will go on...... Until then i have rumble !!!!!!!!!! Happy !!!!

im001451.jpg
fuck the bike ! Whats that awesome car in the background ?

I fixed my "blowing turnsignal/brake light fuse" issue that started last night.

Drag bars + Hyper pro 916 Ducati style mount + turning bar full lock = pushing the front brake like switch contacts together.

Hooray for not leaving shit stock!:bang head:

Those are some neat toys is that a 67` Camero ?? I had a 67` firebird formula 400 and, like an idiot I sold it (that was a dumb move but I was young had no idea what it would be worth today.:bang head:
Maybe someday I`ll get another one.
If you get a chance post a pic of all three together.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Back