What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, replaced the #2 carb with the one received from Fargo. Thanks again homey toast! Sync'd, adjusted mixture screws and I'm golden. I checked voltage at battery and am getting 14.4 volts at idle since installing Venture R/R. So, I put a 90/110 light in. :th_2fc2c5a5:
Tomorrow, I should be getting my 139 db air horn in the mail. Time to wire the relay and get it ready. Woo-hoo!

How long before you're done man? I had doubts about Seans seat at first, but now I'm sold.

I am still waiting on the tranny, got everything else.
I ran into an issue today doing the front cylinder cams. The VBoost/Intakes have to be removed in order to get the chain tensioner out. :bang head::bang head::bang head:
Not normally a big deal but I had issues in the past with the screw holes that lead to the oil galleys leaking and dont want to have to break those free since I have them sealed up pretty well and they arent leaking.
Will figure out what to do tonight.
Cheers

I am still waiting on the tranny, got everything else.
I ran into an issue today doing the front cylinder cams. The VBoost/Intakes have to be removed in order to get the chain tensioner out. :bang head::bang head::bang head:
Not normally a big deal but I had issues in the past with the screw holes that lead to the oil galleys leaking and dont want to have to break those free since I have them sealed up pretty well and they arent leaking.
Will figure out what to do tonight.
Cheers

First time I took those off and the oil started leaking i was like.....oh shit.....

Today, replaced the #2 carb with the one received from Fargo. Thanks again homey toast! Sync'd, adjusted mixture screws and I'm golden. I checked voltage at battery and am getting 14.4 volts at idle since installing Venture R/R. So, I put a 90/110 light in. :th_2fc2c5a5:
Tomorrow, I should be getting my 139 db air horn in the mail. Time to wire the relay and get it ready. Woo-hoo!

Fargo, as in Fargo North Dakota???

I fitted my painted body work, shocks, and repainted some of the black that was unblacking.
3637731421_ef577cd979_b.jpg

3637731495_cc80de3408_b.jpg

Nice, don't forget to post one of these pics to the Carr wheel section!

Sean

I'm still working on the belly pan placement. It's too far forward IMO. My kerker hits it and pushes the belly pan down when I scoot it back. Might be time for a wizzer wheel and some test fitting.

Yes, as I wired the lights directly to the battery. I have a remote switch which turns the the lights on or off and changes the color patterns and rate of change. I have six led light strips total. one each behind the scoops, knee guards and rear frame . In Virginia I am not allwed to use them while riding so after I am parked and it gets dark I can put on a show. Not shown is the front of the scoops where I have a clear window behind a steel cover with tuning fork logo and V_MAX cut out. The inside of the scoops are lined with metallic duct tape and help rflect light forward thru the front .

Installed my new bar end mirrors. Finally, I can see!!! :biglaugh:

Purchased off Ebay, shipped from Hong Kong (China, Japan, I don't know, it was far ok!!) and arrived to me in Easter Canada in less than 2 weeks. They are 2", black Carbon Fiber look and are the cat's ass!!! All for $23 bones (CAD) :punk::clapping:

Me likee!

Attachments

• 100_8210.jpg
    100_8210.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_8211.jpg
    100_8211.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_8213.jpg
    100_8213.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 25
First fine day in a couple of weeks , blue sky a light wind 8 deg outside with a wind chill of 0 . All the leathers on fuelled her up and did the local circuit (90kms) . And my new Leather thermo waterproof gloves were orsom . :punk:

Purchased off Ebay, shipped from Hong Kong (China, Japan, I don't know, it was far ok!!) and arrived to me in Easter Canada in less than 2 weeks. They are 2", black Carbon Fiber look and are the cat's ass!!! All for $23 bones (CAD) :punk::clapping:

Me likee!

oh nice! i have the black ones but i have the faux carbon fibre levers so i may have to check those out. man the price can't be beat eh!

Me likee!

Looks good!

They look like CRG knock offs. I have a single CRG on my bike and like it.

Chris

oh nice! i have the black ones but i have the faux carbon fibre levers so i may have to check those out. man the price can't be beat eh!

You got that right!! I paid $8.99 for the pair! Hell, I paid more for shipping and insurance!
Find 'em here: http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/saveyour...16QQ_sidZ150980086QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

I'm just so damn happy to see what's behind me! Before I could only see my shoulders! If I wanted to look behind me I had to try to lean to one side or the other and if the stars and moon where properly aligned I just might be able to catch a glimpse.... Now to fill that nasty void at the end of the throttle left by removing the factory bar ends....

Looks good!

They look like CRG knock offs. I have a single CRG on my bike and like it.

Chris

What can I say, I'm 'thrifty' :clapping: So for now, my $23 mirrors will have to do. I do like the idea of the fold away ones though..... hmm.... that will have to wait, I have other things to replace first. Signals and taillight are next. I'm also going to remove the small windscreen, I like the lowered profile now with the ugly mirrors gone, so I want to see how she looks without it.

The only issue is I hate buying knock off stuff. It'd piss me off if I designed something and then someone in China (happens all the time) reverse engineered it and sold them for less. Mine was considerably more money... When I say it's a knock off I mean it's EXACTLY the same design from the looks of your pics. I know there's someone in China doing this with brakes and master cylinders AND using Brembo's name on them... OUCH!

Chris

The only issue is I hate buying knock off stuff. It'd piss me off if I designed something and then someone in China (happens all the time) reverse engineered it and sold them for less. Mine was considerably more money... When I say it's a knock off I mean it's EXACTLY the same design from the looks of your pics. I know there's someone in China doing this with brakes and master cylinders AND using Brembo's name on them... OUCH!

Chris

Valid point. I just googled the CRG's and you are correct, they are an exact replica. This never even crossed my mind when ordering.... we'll call it naive.... I will however, keep that in mind next time I order something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back