What do these plugs connect? Picture included.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YUOnDaGround

Reaction score
What do these plugs connect? Picture AND Video included.

Bike 1990 VMax

I found these two connections unplugged by the previous owner, located under the left side air scoop. What do circuits do they complete? Should I plug them back in or are they some type of performance gain? Thanks for your help. Bruce

Attachments

• Plugs Unplugged.jpg
    Plugs Unplugged.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
That is the plug in for your V-boost control. The PO either unplugged it with the V-boost in the open or closed position. More likely your V-boost is in the open position.

That is the plug in for your V-boost control. The PO either unplugged it with the V-boost in the open or closed position. More likely your V-boost is in the open position.

Which connection, The round or square plugs? Or do both connections control the vboost? Is this a common thing to do?

I would tey to help but I can't see the picture because of poor resolution. I try to zoom in and it is just a blurr. Sure someone will have no problem helping out though!

Which connection, The round or square plugs? Or do both connections control the vboost? Is this a common thing to do?
The square plug sends power to the V-boost controller, the round plug tells the servo which opens and closes V-boost butter flies. They both have to be plugged in for V-boost to function, assuming someone hasn't removed servo and butter flies.....

vboost controller. do you have stage 7? maybe unplugged with vboost open.

Edit: way too late, sorry!

I would tey to help but I can't see the picture because of poor resolution. I try to zoom in and it is just a blurr. Sure someone will have no problem helping out though!

It's pretty clear on my screen, anyone else having trouble seeing it? I uploaded the max file size.

After another look, I saw that the servo is still connected and in-place it is just stuck in the open position.

Plug it in, make sure its working correctly, and take it for a ride. You already know how it runs with it unplugged, so give it a whirl with it functioning. Some like it better coming on gradually at 6000rpm, while others prefer it open all the time. If you don't like it, you can always easily "undo" it by turning the key on and waiting for the butterflies to open, then unplug it again.

Plug it in, make sure its working correctly, and take it for a ride. You already know how it runs with it unplugged, so give it a whirl with it functioning. Some like it better coming on gradually at 6000rpm, while others prefer it open all the time. If you don't like it, you can always easily "undo" it by turning the key on and waiting for the butterflies to open, then unplug it again.

Alright so I go to plug it in and I get a different sound that I expected. I took a video of what it was doing. Check it out and let me know what you think it is.

Video of the Vboost trying.

http://youtu.be/ycEiEiL3-HA

Wow that's weird! Almost seems like a gear is stripped or missing teeth in the actuator. Or it is lost and can't find its correct location. Better get somebody's opinion who really knows their shit about the boost system. I'm sure someone will chime in that's seen it do that before.

Yea, might be stripped inside of the servo motor. Doesn't happen often but it's happened before.

Sean

Another note, if I assist the upper cam on the side of the servo it will move further through the range but still nothing like it is supposed to.

You really have nothing to lose by taking out the servo and opening it up. Might be able to see right off what's going on.

Back