what is this thing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckridge

Reaction score
hello all, i have a 2006 max and there is a stainless wire on the left rear carb with a loop on the end .it looks like it should hold a hose in place,yet nothing is there . it really looks out of place .i know that the new maxes all have them.i hope somebody can let me konow what this thing is. best to you all ,and thanks.:

For California bikes a hose runs to a canister to meet emissions.

Mark

hello all, i have a 2006 max and there is a stainless wire on the left rear carb with a loop on the end .it looks like it should hold a hose in place,yet nothing is there . it really looks out of place .i know that the new maxes all have them.i hope somebody can let me konow what this thing is. best to you all ,and thanks.:

Yep... Had it, then binned it... :thumbs up:

The extra weight was keeping the front wheel from coming off the ground as easily...

thanks for all the replys . i find it intresting that the 49 state maxes also have this extra bit . yamaha must be trying to get rid of all its first gen.max parts to make room for second gen.max parts to fill the shelves at the dealership.speaking of yamaha dealerships, there are 4 in my area . i needed oil, fuel, and air filter . for maintanence on my max and not one dealership had a air filter in stock .they said it would take 5 or more days to get it here . i find it lame of yamaha not to have this item in stock at my location. please forgive me i am venting. best to you all

I think it's for hooking the nitrous purge hose thru in order to take a hit when "needed".......

That or maybe the bong hose from the bong hidden inside the airbox....

what you been up to 4gaseem?

Back