Where to get gaskets?!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
I need a full gasket set since I'm doin a full tear down, where do I get it the cheapest? What years will still work, I found a couple but they were for newer Maxes and mines an 85.

Sean Morley for sure, Captainkyle maybe..... I always order from people that support the site and usually are there to help with questions or any problem I may have.

Last edited:
I try to when the ability is there but the old wallet is ultimately the deciding factor...gotta pay to play but we do what we can.

Captain Kyle wins the bid!!! I'll be emailing you in a couple days to place my order, that makes twice you helped me out now...

Gee whiz, my gasket was selling for $230! I Lose out. Kyle would probably just get the money anyways! I got the Italian kit. Centauro? Maybe?

I don't like the Athena gaskets personally and many of the orings and misc they send aren't needed. BUT, it's got a lot of parts for the money.

Sean

Ha ha ok so maybe I jumped the gun, I'm just excited to get the parts in order cause I wanna rebuild this pig.

So what is the main difference in the gaskets themselves and the kits? Don't get me wrong I need to save a buck anywhere I can but it's more important to get a quality product. I don't wanna be tearing it down again in 6 months cause I went cheap and fast on my gaskets.

Sorry to jump the gun fellas, I'm still very open to suggestions and ideas but I let my excitement get the best of me some times.

I have found stock head gaskets better then Cometic altough Im always using copper spray sealer - usualy Im trying to stick with those two brands - I dont trust any other brands.
The cheapest way is to draw the gaskets and laser cut them from copper sheet - just like I did recently.

I would still recommend you to buy big sheet of black cardboard, grab some sharp scissors, use the engine cover as a "stamp" by damp the edges in engine oil.

We stock Cometics in a few sizes and every OEM gasket you'd ever need.

Sean

I think my best bet is going to be writting down what gaskets a need and ordering only them...I'm probably ganna need almost all of them but the OEM gaskets are usually the most trustworthy. Who do you personally trust for head gaskets Sean? Is OEM ganna be my safe way there too?

OEM and Cometic are both fine. We use both and Cometic only on the big bore engines. We like the ARP studs ($120) which allows enough clamping force to seal about any gasket.

Sean

Latest posts

Back