Will '97 coils/wires fit an '86?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgstoken

Reaction score
As the title says, will 1997 coils and wires work for my new to me 1986 Vmax? I need new ones and I have a good deal on some '97' take off's.

As the title says, will 1997 coils and wires work for my new to me 1986 Vmax? I need new ones and I have a good deal on some '97' take off's.

You know as cheap as wires are and you are digging into replace the coils why dont you just purchase some new wires while your in there??

Its almost like getting undressed to take a shower to just wash your hands?

Or maybe you have some kind of special relationship with your wires and dont want to part with them.

To answer your question: Yes

85-2007 all use the same OEM part # 25G-82310-10-00 for the 4 coils.

Lankee is suggesting that you change to new wires with the upgrade, although it probably isn't needed with those low miles, you should consider it.

You can buy 5 ohm resistance NGK boots at any dealer and use a copper core wire to make your own set for cheap.

My current setup is 5 ohm NGK boots (SBO5F Stock #8080) and 7mm copper core accel auto plug wires. For $22 I have enough wire left over to do another 5-6 complete sets, and the boots are around $3.50 per.

Neil

Back