12V switched feed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlosMax

Reaction score
Good day to you all.

Getting to know my Gen 2 after three weeks of ownership, and am slowly figuring things out, but I can't seem to see an obvious candidate to tap into for a switched 12V feed. I need this, mainly, for my Sat Nav but also my camera and heated gloves.

I have the cowling off and all the wires exposed, so I should be able to find a wire if you describe it to me.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Dave

Under the left hand scoop is where I picked up power from the switch. I did not take a picture when I had the scoop off but here is the section from the diagram.

There is a connector there where the brown/blue comes in and the brown goes out. I connected to the brown/blue for switched power.

1720632958195.png

The switched power is from under the left scoop. I ran a real automotive ground cable to the frame connection on the right hand side of the bike and the positive to the battery.

I have the Garmin and the STS Brake system connected to the Amplink and will be adding a Vantrue F1 camera system next.

https://www.vantrue.com/products/f1

Attachments

• Amplink.JPG
    Amplink.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Back