2006 VMAX 227 miles - New to me

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV TECH

Reaction score
New to the forum and the VMAX club. Some of you may have seen this listed on ebay a couple of weeks ago, I picked it up. It is like brand new.

Can't post any personal pictures yet since I am in Minnesota and there is still snow here, but I have included one from the previous owner. Been busy changing fluids, plugs, and making it shine. started riding before I was ten, but sold my Yamaha Maxim X 700 when the kids were little because the only time I could ride was to work and back so it has been about 15 years. Looking forward to getting some time in on the VMAX this summer.

Think I'm going to buy a cover for when it is in the garage so the kids don't hit it with a basketball or etc... Anybody have a cover they recommend with a good fit and quality?

Thanks - Ron

Attachments

• V MAX.jpg
    V MAX.jpg
    59.6 KB
i WELCOME ABOARD , YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE , NICE CLEAN BIKE , ITS THE SAME YEAR AS MINE ! .. THEY ARE VERSATILE TO CUSTOMIZE , YOU CAN DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING WITH THEM ! .. :biglaugh: . :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    48.6 KB
  • 100_1292.jpg
    100_1292.jpg
    62.7 KB
  • 100_1293.jpg
    100_1293.jpg
    47.9 KB
  • 100_1381.jpg
    100_1381.jpg
    85.1 KB
  • 100_1383.jpg
    100_1383.jpg
    46.5 KB
  • 100_0884.jpg
    100_0884.jpg
    66.8 KB
  • 000_0209.jpg
    000_0209.jpg
    58.9 KB
  • 000_0206.jpg
    000_0206.jpg
    61.3 KB
RV TECH: What a Find... That's a lifetime keeper.... If it's that clean now, you got a fantastic deal...:biglaugh:

Ouch Tim.... It hurts just to look at all those Spikes and imagine being shreaded....The Headlight really looks Alien.. I like that alot... I hope you keep the shiny side up Bro... We'd like you around to move to Florida and liven us up.....:rofl_200:

RV Tech,
Great looking 06 ! Mine looked just like that 6 months back. Now, I've got some ss Mark's pipes (4-2) and a new Maxgasser seat installed. (pics coming soon)

Think I'm going to hold off adding any spikes... I think Cop Runner has that look pretty well covered !!! :punk:

Welcome to the forum.

I have two Nelson-Rigg covers. One large full cover and one small I keep on the bike that just covers from the handlebars to the backrest or back of seat. This is good to keep the dew off so you don't have to wipe the seat off before riding.

Thanks again guys. I'm sure it will be atleast two to three weeks before I can start to enjoy it here in MN. It looks like a late spring after a long hard winter.

Don't use the cheapo walmart covers...they don't "breathe" and trap moisture under them. Made the mistake of using one on my Magna over the winter as a dust cover in the garage....in the spring little specks of rust had turned up on the handebars and chain guard.

You got the best factory paint job Yamaha did also, and with such low mileage. Nice find.

Now that's a great find! Very nice canvas for the Mod Monkey to spin his madness out on you and your max,

Look what he made me do to my 06.

Welcome to the forum and have fun on your new max.

Mike

Attachments

• vmax 2011.jpg
    vmax 2011.jpg
    50.5 KB
  • 2011 mods.jpg
    2011 mods.jpg
    38.4 KB
Welcome Ron! I did see that bike on e-bay and thought what a deal for someone. Congrats on your new beauty and enjoy! Mike:biglaugh:

I saw your bike on ebay too; looks like a nice find.
You shouldn't have too much work to do to it with that low mileage.
But then again, the "mod monkey" will probably jump up & grab your billfold before long & keep you busy.
Enjoy!

My 2007 had a little over 3,700 miles on it when I bought it.

I use a Gen II Vmax Yamaha cover on one of my Vmax, and a Nelson Riggs cover on the other one. Both covers seem to work fine.

Jester 42

P.S. What is the "rest of the story"? Why so few miles?

Welcome, your in the right place with definitely the RIGHT BIKE to have!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    100.1 KB
Welcome to the forum RV.....beautiful bike!! I also went from a Maxim 'X' to a V Max (with a 10 yr break in between).

That was a few Max's ago but I still miss that little 'X'!

Have fun with your new ride, any questions, just ask....somebody on here will be able to help you.

Welcome to the world of muscle bikes, you have an awesome bike with extremly low miles, milage which is a rare find. I would keep it away from the elements of nature as possible. Even thou we have a neighborhood watch I still manage to get my bike inside my house on an extended vacation . I have heard some horror stories about vacations, coming home and no bike in the garage and never found again.

Latest posts

Back