Can I get a grip?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have giant solid aluminum grips, and I have to agree that the stockers felt more at home, and comfortable. Sadly, I am a slave to fashion and cannot bring myself to ditch the customs.

l_7cb6b5097e7a4c8da7897c6b4a5e5b74.jpg

+1, I have the Kuryakyn ISO grips and they are a bit too big. I need to find something a bit smaller.

Also +1 on the ISO grips. Except the chrome was a bit too much for me. So I removed them, and sent the to the powdercoater. Added red accent rings.

Mark, Mine were also a bit loose on the clutch side. So I put a a barber pole looking wrap of electrical tap on the bar before. Works great.

Attachments

• DSC00535 - Copy.jpg
    DSC00535 - Copy.jpg
    68.4 KB
Also +1 on the ISO grips. Except the chrome was a bit too much for me. So I removed them, and sent the to the powdercoater. Added red accent rings.

Mark, Mine were also a bit loose on the clutch side. So I put a a barber pole looking wrap of electrical tap on the bar before. Works great.

I like the looks of your grips. Cool looking without the custom ring. nice.:punk:

Where is the best place to get grips for the vmax? I see the foam black and chrome ones on ebay but are they any good? I would prefer something nice than foam...

Any suggestions?

Foam sucks! I had a foam set on one of my old bikes and they would soak up water when they got wet and fall apart after about six months. I am running Pro-grips superbike now. Love them and cheap. I picked up a set locally for under $10.

I love the grips morley sold me. There pretty sweet looking BUT I was wondering what the rest of you do about the small gap on the throttle side between the grip and the Start Button switch area. I tried pushing the grip a little furter on so the gap is less but she does not seem to want to go any further. Any ideas? It's a small gap maybe only 1/2 an inch but it's noticeable....I have attached a pic....

vmax 007.jpg

I put the plastic chrome piece from the stock grips in that gap. My progrips were the same way. I will try to get a pic of it for you later. I think I had to cut them to fit in there but it wasn't a big deal to make them slide in and they fit perfectily. I like the look but it isn't for everyone.

I put the plastic chrome piece from the stock grips in that gap. My progrips were the same way. I will try to get a pic of it for you later. I think I had to cut them to fit in there but it wasn't a big deal to make them slide in and they fit perfectily. I like the look but it isn't for everyone.
I run the ProGrips with the stock chrome ring reinstalled.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpg
    IMG_2775.jpg
    78.5 KB
  • IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    52.3 KB
Here are the pics. They are from a phone cam so they aren't the best but you can get the idea of how I handled the gap. I like how it came out. On the right side I just cut the part of the original ring that went under the oringial rubber grip. These are Pro Grips by the way if anyone is wondering. And I put the spacer on the left side just to make them match.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    37.6 KB
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    41.5 KB
  • rightclose.jpg
    rightclose.jpg
    30.3 KB
Here are the pics. They are from a phone cam so they aren't the best but you can get the idea of how I handled the gap. I like how it came out. On the right side I just cut the part of the original ring that went under the oringial rubber grip. These are Pro Grips by the way if anyone is wondering. And I put the spacer on the left side just to make them match.

i like what u did w/the bar-ends. neve rthought about turning them upside down, that would probably help the view!

I installed a Vista Cruise throttle lock in that spot. Requires carefully cutting the ridge that is on the throttle sleeve down to the same size as the rest of the sleeve. Has to be done almost perfectly or the Vista Cruise will not grip the sleeve properly and the throttle will not stay in position very well.

The view in the mirrors is much better with them up like that, but they tend to get in the way if you have to push your bike around. Depending on how you are pushing or pulling on the bars, if you have them turned all the way you can hit the mirror with your forearm. That and looks are the only downsides to having them up instead of down.

I love the grips morley sold me. There pretty sweet looking BUT I was wondering what the rest of you do about the small gap on the throttle side between the grip and the Start Button switch area. I tried pushing the grip a little furter on so the gap is less but she does not seem to want to go any further. Any ideas? It's a small gap maybe only 1/2 an inch but it's noticeable....I have attached a pic....

View attachment 8546

I got the grinder out on mine got rid of those plastic bits that were sticking out .
Problem solved . :clapping:

I have always had a problem with my throttle hand getting numb. Has anyone else has this problem and did a change in grips help? I use to use foam grips and that helped but I don't really want to go foam this time

Ron

I had the same numbness problem, and different grips didn't seem to help. I went back to stock, and added a friction style cruise control. Now when my hand goes numb, I just flick on the cruise control and shake out the numbness. Had to modify (thin down) the cruise control to make it fit and function correctly, but it works great. Let me know if you want pics, I will try to get them.

Latest posts

Back