Can you talk me out of a full exhaust and stage 7 kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first max was stage 7,it ran great,idled great.only problem was the hair trigger,very touchy throttle when pulling out and turning.I got sideways more than once & any bump seemed to be enough to jar the throttle wrist.

I've heard (and the one Max I've driven w/ stg 7) have a pretty touchy throttle and the street manners are somewhat compromised. It's tougher to drive smoothly. The one bike I drove ran well, but after idling in traffic for a while it started to run really rough and would sometimes stall when you touched the gas. Didn't like to get too hot.

Carb kits are easy to install especially with the help of the excellent carb rebuild tutorials in the carb section. And unless it's a shop that's familiar with the Vmax (like PCW) chances are it won't be well tuned, or not as good as it could be.

hmmmm....negatives.....
-The full system will probably be illegally loud, so if you happen to find a bike checkpoint(at least in NY these pop up around Americade time), you may get a slip inviting you to donate to the local coffers

-It will be faster, so you're more likely to "accidentally" speed

-It will add virtually nothing to the resale value of the bike.

Latest posts

Back