Did i do ok or not

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnrncnl

Reaction score
:ummm:I am new to the forums and to the max but seen one 9 years ago and new i wanted one well i finally got it last weekend it a 92 with 11000 miles very clean no dings and new tires fully serviced and carbs redone and sinked runs great ive only rode it 2.5 miles it is still 20 degrees here in wi i paid $3150 been doing alot of reading and think i did ok thanks for all your help and input in advance

Attachments

• Bike 006.jpg
    Bike 006.jpg
    61.3 KB
  • Bike 008.jpg
    Bike 008.jpg
    59.7 KB
:ummm:I am new to the forums and to the max but seen one 9 years ago and new i wanted one well i finally got it last weekend it a 92 with 11000 miles very clean no dings and new tires fully serviced and carbs redone and sinked runs great ive only rode it 2.5 miles it is still 20 degrees here in wi i paid $3150 been doing alot of reading and think i did ok thanks for all your help and input in advance

welcome and i'd say thats a pretty good deal as long as there is no 2nd gear problems! be weary of the mod monkey.

test the second gear and grab some armor all wipes itll shine!!1 mine needed hosed down too.

Bike looks SWEET for the $ - give it a good clean and it'll be right up there with the loveliest ones! I paid more for my '86...

Exhaust looks good but will lose you a little power compared to OEM. Also the first thing you will want is to get a decent Muscle seat from Sean Morley ;-) Pretty cheap to have just the front section sorted, and your arse will thank you forever!

Welcome to the best Vmax forum on the planet! yay.

Nice max and welcome to the forum, but be warned, the mod monkey is near. He starts off innocent enough, new mini signal lights and than bang!!! The max is half apart getting a mod makeover.

Trust me, it seems to get most of us sooner or later.

Mike

Welcome! The bike looks good. Put some miles on it, then decide what you want to change....if anything. Mines mostly stock, and I love it!

Nice max and welcome to the forum, but be warned, the mod monkey is near. He starts off innocent enough, new mini signal lights and than bang!!! The max is half apart getting a mod makeover.

Trust me, it seems to get most of us sooner or later.

Mike
Is that what happened to me? It all seems like a dream, three years ago I purchased a '92 with in pretty good shape just some problems with the seat cover. Now I have my engine in Kansas getting some mods done and a list I'm working on from here. The monkey's mod virus has moved deep into the blood stream now and I can barely resist his suggestions, and man does he have plans!
Welcome dnrncnl, you have found the best damn form on the 'net! The mod monkey sure has cast his magic on this site, and I mean that in the best possible way! Take a look around, use the search button to find most of what you need, we are here to help! We also like picture of any work, rides you take, stories of past adventures and plans for future exploits!

Attachments

• IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    127.6 KB
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    65.7 KB
  • IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    61.9 KB
Brian, Wait until you get the engine back and you get a chance to try out the overdrive!

Nice score. Clean it up a bit as mentioned and get a different exhaust on it if you want to feel the bikes true potential. Maybe a jet kit to go with it. I do sell quite a few things you'll find out as you explore the site (and you can always click on my banner up top). I still have a couple of used 4-1 hindles too if you want to make it really sing!

Welcome and happy riding.

Sean Morley

Brian, Wait until you get the engine back and you get a chance to try out the overdrive!

Nice score. Clean it up a bit as mentioned and get a different exhaust on it if you want to feel the bikes true potential. Maybe a jet kit to go with it. I do sell quite a few things you'll find out as you explore the site (and you can always click on my banner up top). I still have a couple of used 4-1 hindles too if you want to make it really sing!

Welcome and happy riding.

Sean Morley

damn u Sean. always willing to help out! soon i'm gonna have to set one of my direct deposit accounts to your paypal...:bang head:

I know the feeling. I am going to have to do the same also.
+2 on that, but seems like a good cause, can see that dam monkey peeking over the fence at night, only a matter of time he makes it over lol.

where did you pick the bike up from? private or a shop?

Well done and welcome to the Vmax family!! I would warn you off about the mod monkey, but I have found that it is useless to resist him:biglaugh: You start with a stocker and end up with...........awww to hell with it.... EMBRACE THE MOD MONKEY!!!! HE NEEDS HIS MONKEY LOVE!!!!!!!

Attachments

• toxic2.jpg
    toxic2.jpg
    92.7 KB
  • toxic.jpg
    toxic.jpg
    74.8 KB
Monkey love? well that furry little tree climber better leave me bank account alone, I can't afford the little bugger anymore!:rofl_200:

really thinking that my first investment will be stock pipes the dealer i bought from put them on because the were cheap then i can put the center stand back on

you should be able to still pop the center stand on for maintenance work, which is all you should need it for. i ike having mine available at all times tho.

Latest posts

Back