got my bike back

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
this is how it went ,when it went to the bike shop last monday i ask for valve cover replacement check valves replace water pump seals change oil .checked on it thursday talked to oscar the grouch, took everyones advise went to get the bike this morning,owner friendly again said it was ready:eusa_dance: i was shocked ,he was nice and bike was ready said he was going home early today hard week last week going to take half a day off i told my friend thanks and ill see you later he opened the door i came home on my max thinking i was the ass judged him wrong got the bike home oil and filter case clean new gasket on water pump i took the water pump gasket and bushing kit when i took the bike for the work paid 489 bill he said he had to add a couple of washers to the valve cover to help it seal that is all he done to the valves and the cover the oil leak is still there along with the old super compressed gasket .i just got hit in the ass with a watermelon:bang head: ,no more :bang head:,ill fix it when i get a chance myself just can;t belive 489 for a oil change and a water pump,need to stay away from there ,been to court for assault years ago over my stepdaughders dad running that soup cooler,best to forget and go on; the valve cover is so obvious it,s like pissing on someons leg and telling them it;s raining ill shut up now ,thank each and everyone of you for the advice and offers of help a great group (TRULY THANKS)poppop

Honestly mate, I would go back round there with the bill and a policeman, and demand my money back. It's pretty obvious you're right with the old gasket still in place and the oil leak, and I pretty sure the law will happily be on your side.

jeeze man sorry to hear that, let us know if we need some help!

ALWAYS ask for your old parts back...

Sorry you got screwed.

Very few good service shops out there anymore.

Chris

Honestly mate, I would go back round there with the bill and a policeman, and demand my money back. It's pretty obvious you're right with the old gasket still in place and the oil leak, and I pretty sure the law will happily be on your side.
the law won;t make a decsision i would have to take him to small claims court a lot of paperwork trips to the courthouse and lil more money it would be worth it money wise it's just ,what happend to a handshake or people that do honest work ,ishould be thankful he didn;t do it ,imay now own a max that won;t run thanks for careing he didn;t ,i wish it was that way here most cops just tell you to go file a complanit

Keep the faith brother,there are still some of US that provide customer service,whos word and a handshake are as good as gold or a contract. Mr morley and myself are examples and as with myself ,Im sure mr morley's word and handshake are good to more then just the vmax community. Its old school and yes its rare but it does still exist.

There's no doubt poppop, that really sucks....probably best to chalk it up to an expensive learning experience, like you said....move on!

Won't change anything but maybe a call to the guy telling him after inspecting your bike it appears to you that he didn't do much of what he was billing you for.

Ask him to explain why the old gaskets are still on the valve covers....etc.

It might make you feel a little better.....and who knows, maybe he has some sort of reasonable explanation. :confused2:

If not, tell him he's a fuckin' crook and hang up!! :punk:

Too bad there's not more people like you two spread around the states, credibility and testimonials means a lot to me and yall ("yall"southern term) have it.

Keep the faith brother,there are still some of US that provide customer service,whos word and a handshake are as good as gold or a contract. Mr morley and myself are examples and as with myself ,Im sure mr morley's word and handshake are good to more then just the vmax community. Its old school and yes its rare but it does still exist.

poppop, I feel for ya man! I've come to realize the fact that if I can't do it myself with the help of this outstanding forum that I will trailer it to Kansas and pay Sean to fix it. I've been screwed once by the stealer and that was enough!​

Sorry to here of the bad ending Pop. I'm sure we can help talk you through anything else you need to do. I think I'd want to check those valve clearances out before riding and fix the leak.
Steve-o

Dark Alley Bro....:biglaugh: Atleast the thought will give you some satisfaction.

Sorry you got ripped... The people here will give all their support when you go to do your own valves...

this is how it went ,when it went to the bike shop last monday i ask for valve cover replacement check valves replace water pump seals change oil .checked on it thursday talked to oscar the grouch, took everyones advise went to get the bike this morning,owner friendly again said it was ready:eusa_dance: i was shocked ,he was nice and bike was ready said he was going home early today hard week last week going to take half a day off i told my friend thanks and ill see you later he opened the door i came home on my max thinking i was the ass judged him wrong got the bike home oil and filter case clean new gasket on water pump i took the water pump gasket and bushing kit when i took the bike for the work paid 489 bill he said he had to add a couple of washers to the valve cover to help it seal that is all he done to the valves and the cover the oil leak is still there along with the old super compressed gasket .i just got hit in the ass with a watermelon:bang head: ,no more :bang head:,ill fix it when i get a chance myself just can;t belive 489 for a oil change and a water pump,need to stay away from there ,been to court for assault years ago over my stepdaughders dad running that soup cooler,best to forget and go on; the valve cover is so obvious it,s like pissing on someons leg and telling them it;s raining ill shut up now ,thank each and everyone of you for the advice and offers of help a great group (TRULY THANKS)poppop

Confront the guy in a nice cool way, but do stand up to him, when doing so think of what those in Egypt had done and Libya also.

Don't take this shit, and report him to Yama if need be and do go to small claims if needed,,,fight!

O

Im sorry but.....

HOLY CRAP USE SOME FUCKIN PUNCTUATION.

This shit is worse than cop runners capitals, at least he has a believable excuse, whats yours?

I refuse to take anyone seriously online that cant dedicate a few extra seconds for punctuation and grammar. I'm not expecting you to be a oxford scholar, but something, first grade level at least. If you cant oblige me with a well constructed thought, than why should I give you any different?

Im sorry but.....

This shit is worse than cop runners capitals, at least he has a believable excuse, whats yours?

I refuse to take anyone seriously online that cant dedicate a few extra seconds for punctuation and grammar. I'm not expecting you to be a oxford scholar, but something, first grade level at least. If you cant oblige me with a well constructed thought, than why should I give you any different?

LOL , LOL , LOL . :rofl_200:

Im sorry but.....

this isn't middle school grammar class. calm down.

I understand where he's coming from. It's significantly easier to read quickly and get a good reply when the format is correct. This may not be grammar school but we aren't all teenagers talking with text language or using ebonics.

Sean

Im sorry but.....

An Oxford scholar....it's AN Oxford scholar!! And Oxford, being a proper noun, gets capitalized, of course. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Oh, and I think FUCKIN gets one of these (') at the end, like....FUCKIN'. But I'm not 100% on that one! :confused2:

Im sorry but.....

Wow, this seems a little harsh.:confused2:

It's a lot harsh. Let's be nice guys! Just stating that you have a hard time reading his posts, would have sufficed.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Back