keep blowingplugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep20

Reaction score
Help guys I just bought an 1985 vmax and for the first week it ran great but this week Iam blowing plugs and always the same cylinder..before I bring it in and pay big bucks does anyone know what could be causing this?? dirty carb?

Help guys I just bought an 1985 vmax and for the first week it ran great but this week Iam blowing plugs and always the same cylinder..before I bring it in and pay big bucks does anyone know what could be causing this?? dirty carb?

+1 to the thread repair, like Dan-o said,if you mean plugs blowing out of the cylinder?
If you mean fouled? That's a horse of a different color.Let us know?
Steve-o

Guys I found him asking for help in his blog. Told him to post his question here, if he wanted a faster response. Unless he has a new problem (forgive me blacksheep for stepping on your toes), he blogged that "[his bike's] been running fine until this week. [It's] been fouling plugs only on one cylinder and the plugs are coming out white".

Blacksheep, you need to get in contact with Maxcruiser here! He is in Sudbury, I am assuming you are in Sudbury, Ontario, and knows his way around Mr. Max. Sounds like a carb issue for sure. If only one is fouling then I would check the float levels and synch first, just to eliminate the easy stuff. I would also check the spark in that cylinder, if the coil is hosed or the plug wire/cap is bad it may have a weak spark and could cause fouling.

If the one plug was the one that comes out white, I'd say that carb is overflowing. But I'm not sure what to say if 3 are coming out white. That's new to me... Good Luck and the advise above about contacting Maxcruiser's probably key to a fix...

please forgive my smartass-nish blacksheep as I am unable to help myself but.......who is Plugs?? :ummm:

And, isn't this a problem for the Chaplin??

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Welcome to the forum! :clapping:

please forgive my smartass-nish blacksheep as I am unable to help myself but.......who is Plugs?? :ummm:

OMG!! ROFLMAO!!!! You're killing me!!!!

embarrass.jpg

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

great way to be welcomed to the forum blacksheep welcome hahahahha

If the plug is turning white, you are either lean due to a plugged carb or air leak problem, or you have a head gasket leak and are burning coolant in that cylinder.

Thanks for all the help and funny comments guys but found my problem..bad coil..changed it and back on the road..

Back