What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal! 👍

Sunday afternoon sure is a circus on the Dragon.
It's really not that bad. We ride more than just The Dragon.
As with any public roadway, there are other people on the road. If you relax and just enjoy the ride. It's still 100% worth it.
No one person owns the road. There is no price for admission or use.
As with all things in life, patience, courtesy, and just plain human decency are a recipe for great times.
And that is why we keep going back every single year.
Same Dragon Time...
Same Dragon Channel...

It's really not that bad. We ride more than just The Dragon.
As with any public roadway, there are other people on the road. If you relax and just enjoy the ride. It's still 100% worth it.
No one person owns the road. There is no price for admission or use.
As with all things in life, patience, courtesy, and just plain human decency are a recipe for great times.
And that is why we keep going back every single year.
Same Dragon Time...
Same Dragon Channel..
I would also like to add, been going to The Dragon for 14 years with Tom, John, Marcus, Jim, Mike, Mark, Donnie, Eddie, Wendy, Bones -(RIP my friend), and a few others that sporatically show up once in a while.
We have even morphed into more than just A VMAX group. Marcus, Jim, Mark, also ride sport bikes as well as thier vmaxes. And Andy, Jon, and Camille, the Polish crewe from Chicago that ride sport bikes have also become great friends we have a great time with every single year.
We have no rules, no itinerary, no problems with whomever rides with us.
Just don't be whiny and bitch and moan about shit.
Deals Gap is what it is.
Like it, don't like it, it makes no difference to us.
I myself couldn't ask for better friends, better riding, and better night's around a campfire, all wrapped up into an $80/night spot in the mountains.
So if you wish to Join us, your welcome to.
But you better Make Your reservation RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!
THIS VERY FRIGIN MINUTE. Or your not going to get a room.

Done something that I was meaning to do for a while. As I don't seem wget out enough, the bike won't start, mainly due to periodically turning the ignition on so the carbs are kept topped up, I got fed up with having to remove the seat in order to charge the battery.

So a fitted a short lead to permanent live that I can connect to by just popping up the seat.

I violated the golden rule of not mixing up lead colours but I had that lead to hand...

Attachments

• DSC_2810.JPG
    DSC_2810.JPG
    5.1 MB
  • DSC_2811.JPG
    DSC_2811.JPG
    1.8 MB
Baby got some new shoes.
New Metzler ME 888's
Bought them from Revzilla.
<Rant On>
I am frigin sick of companies pulling the damn liability card. Went to 2 different bike shops. Ride Now AND Martin Yamaha, in Ocala FL.
Both refused to mount and Balance because I didn't buy the tires from them.
WHICH IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.
Brand new tires from a manufacturer that they would have ordered also and they want to cry about the liability.
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT !!!
They say free mount and balance if you buy the tires from them. More BULLSHIT!
They Charge more for the tire to cover the cost of mount and balance.
GREEDY FUCKIN BASTARDS!
Anyone who throws out the damn liability card is A FUCKING COWARD in my book.. MINDLESS FUCKING SHEEP. CORPORATE FUCKING LOSER!
I WILL NEVER SPEND A DIME AT A CORPORATE DEALERSHIP AGAIN!
<RANT OFF>
I ended up going to an independent Custom Harley shop.
Gibson Customs in Ocala FL.
Great guy. Doesn't work on metrics. But did my tires without any problems or hesitation.
Charged me $140. I gave him $150.
1000000738.jpg1000000739.jpg

I like that first 1,000 miles on new skins, the bike is so-smooth and great handling. That diminishes as the rear tire gets square in profile because there aren't that-many curves in FL, and half of those are roundabouts to enter/exit interstates.

I normally let the shop do the tires, if you don't buy the tires from them, they charge you more for the install. Their prices aren't bad, so I often just buy the tire, mount/balance and get onto the road. I bring the wheels off the bike, which saves a bit.

My friend works as a manager at the Yamaha dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, and he gets me good pricing on Yamaha parts, and consumables like batteries, tires & etc.

While you were doing the re-mounting, did you give your brake pads an 'eyeball?' And pinch the rotors, to check for uneven wear?

I like that first 1,000 miles on new skins, the bike is so-smooth and great handling. That diminishes as the rear tire gets square in profile because there aren't that-many curves in FL, and half of those are roundabouts to enter/exit interstates.

I normally let the shop do the tires, if you don't buy the tires from them, they charge you more for the install. Their prices aren't bad, so I often just buy the tire, mount/balance and get onto the road. I bring the wheels off the bike, which saves a bit.

My friend works as a manager at the Yamaha dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, and he gets me good pricing on Yamaha parts, and consumables like batteries, tires & etc.

While you were doing the re-mounting, did you give your brake pads an 'eyeball?' And pinch the rotors, to check for uneven wear?
I've always ordered tires online way cheaper than any dealer price.
And then take the wheels off and take em to a dealer and they'd mount and balance them. But now they are refusing to do it. They whine about it's not us it's corporate policy now and whine about insurance and liability.
It's fucking bullshit.
If they install the tires and the fucking tire blows out from a manufacturers defect. Then it's not thier fault and they are not liable.
There's more liability in it for them when thier stupid squid mechanic doesn't put the wheel back on the bike properly of mounts the tire backwards.
That's the only liability they have.
So it's bullshit to stand they and tell me they are responsible if the fuckin tire blows out.
If they had any fucking balls they would mount and balance the tires and have me sign a waiver saying they are not responsible for the manufacturers defect in the tire.
WHICH IS THE FUCKING CASE ANYWAY.
So again. It's all fucking lies to get you to pay the higher price for them ordering the tires.
And On a side note I would have got the tire from them to begin with if they would stock fucking tires instead of making me wait a week to get them.

Back