" Man , SOMEONE STOLE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paypal is the solution. now the charges you are going to pay them??? are they big ammounts?
i THEY CAUGHT IT EARLY , ITS 4 CHARGES THAT TOTAL ABOUT $700.00 , I'M ONLY GOING TO USE PAYPAL FROM NOW ON !

Last edited:
:punk: Hey Cop Runner, you need to get a service like Life Lock after you get this mess cleaned up and you will be a little more safe. There are several companies that clean up after ID theft but don't prevent it like Life Lock. Good luck, Spurs
i " SPURS " , I'M HOPING THAT ITS JUST MY ONE CREDIT CARD & NOT MY IDENTITY , BUT I WILL CHECK INTO THIS & THANKS FOR THE INFO ! .. :punk:

i I HAVE PAYPAL , BUT HALF THE TIME I DON'T USE IT , I'M GOING TO USE IT WHEREVER THEY TAKE IT NOW BECAUSE AS YOU GUYS SAID , THE CHARGE WILL BE SENT INSTANTLY TO MY E-MAIL , SO I WILL NO ABOUT IT RIGHT AWAY !

i I WAS DOWN MY FAVORITE PLACE FRIDAY NIGHT & HAVE TO GO BACK TONIGHT BECAUSE OF ALL OF THIS ! .. ...................................................................................................... " THE POLICE STATION "

Happened to me a year or so ago and it was no problem... Discover ROCKS when it comes to theft.

It was over 1000 bucks worth.

I also have my checking and saving accounts setup to email me when more than 200 bucks is taken out of any of them or my account gets down to a level of 200 bucks.

I like to be in the know...

Chris

i WELL , I WAS DOWN THE POLICE STATION AGAIN TODAY , JUST TO GIVE SOME OF THE PAPER WORK TO TO COP FOR THE REPORT , NOW I JUST HAVE TO WAIT TO GET THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY'S FINAL REPORT ON THEIR FINDINGS , ( THEY SAID WITHIN 2 WEEKS ) I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THE CHARGES , " THANK GOD " BUT I'LL KEEP YOU GUY'S POSTED !

That really sucks Tim,glad your getting things worked out...

i bet you shit your pants when you found out :shittystick:

dude, don't let this ake you scared of using your CC... just make sure sites you use your CC on are SECURE (SSL) easiest way to tell is the address will be https://... make sure it's a valid cerificate though (if you see a red X to the right of the address it's not, if it says verified it means valid.) VALID SSL Certificates cannot be forged, they need to be purchased and company gets validated.

That really sucks Tim,glad your getting things worked out...

i bet you shit your pants when you found out :shittystick:
i YEAH " BILL " , NO DOUGHT , WHEN THEY CALLED I'D LIKE TO SHIT , PLUS I WAS LEAVING IN THE MORNING WITH MY SON TO TAKE HIM TO BALTIMORE TO THE TOW TRUCK CONVENTION FOR THE WEEK-END , AND THE HOTEL RESERVATIONS WERE ON THAT CARD ! .. AT THIS POINT , I STILL HAD TWO OTHER CREDIT CARDS THAT I HADN'T USED IN YEARS , SO I HAD TO CALL THEM UP , I CANCELED ONE & MADE SURE THE OTHER ONE WAS STILL ACTIVE/OPEN , I TOLD THEM THE SITUATION WITH MY OTHER CARD AND I WAS GOING TO BALTIMORE FOR THE WEEK-END , THEY SAID THEY WOULD WATCH THE ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING UNUSUAL , SO EVERYTHING " TRIP WISE " WITH MY SON TURNED OUT GREAT ! .. " THANK GOD " ! .. http://www.towman.com/expo/baltimore.html

dude, don't let this ake you scared of using your cc... Just make sure sites you use your cc on are secure (ssl) easiest way to tell is the address will be https://... Make sure it's a valid certificate though (if you see a red x to the right of the address it's not, if it says verified it means valid.) valid ssl certificates cannot be forged, they need to be purchased and company gets validated.
This Is Very Interesting , Thanks For The Info !

holy crap man, sorry to hear about that, glad they caught it early enough, hope they get the bastards, highly unlikely but can only wish for it.

had that a few times but cc company caught it fast and canceled my card then called me, had a new one in the mail right away. they even call me if its me and think its out of the ordinary or in a odd place they know im not at. glad they are looking out for me.

I read this thread & see myself as I use the debit card on the internet all the time. Some one mentioned LifeLock. I believe they were just found guilty in a class action suit & must return million$ to clients. It seems their CEO ( I hope what I read WAS lifelock..I'm pretty sure ..) ran that advertising campaign putting his social security number on the side of the truck & driving it all over the country...His identity was stolen 13 times from use of that commercial.. Countless clients ID's were also stolen... I don't think I'd use them.... I still for some unkown reason use AOL & when you sign on they give you some of the latest news that don't make prime time but still very interesting. That where I got the story about the CEO's identity stolen. I'm just not POSITIVE it was Lifelock but I'm pretty sure...

There are some serious assholes out there. I sell real estate and my commissions are wired to me. I have them go to a dummy account, then I transfer it to my main account. I keep the debit card on the dummy account and just transfer money as I need it (I use it for everything, online, gas stations, etc). If somebody steals that account, they can't really hurt me. The sucky part about a debit card or bank account fraud is they freeze your cash...

I somewhat find it amusing at how far people will go to "protect" themselves from identity theft.

I can tell you guys that if you want to COMPLETELY prevent your identety being stolen, fake your death, move to Africa, build a place in the forest from sticks and leaves, no windows or doors, and stay there for the rest of your dead life. Identety theft is almost inevitable now at days when everything is paperless and on internal networks (small businesses [doctors, dentists] without a proper IT guy can be accessed by a few good injectors, or a sweet bruteforce on a laptop that you hd somewhere by their office.) You can't prevent it from happening, but you can take steps to protect yourself, like for example how I said earlier to only enter your SS# on SSL Certified Websites, don't use CC's at cafe's, don't own any of the fast scan CC saver things (these can be accessed with ease with just a magnetic reader), don't use unsecure WiFi connections, and the simplest of them all... have a PROPER AntiVirus application, I ONLY recommend Eset Nod32 SmartSecurity AV to my clients and I actually force any new clients to change over... I PERSONALLY only use ESET, and only one I trust.

Just so you guys keep in mind, most people that buy CC#'s online have the knowledge that you will not pay for anything they buy, additionally the people that actually steal your CC# (at least the people I knew) did it to teach people a lesson to be more cautious of what's going around you and who's doing what. There are a lot of White hat (ethical hackers) that do go around companies to teach them how to protect themselves and their clients (this is the way I started with my business and working in the IT field.)

Thought I'd make you guys more cautious since it seems that gizmodo made this story public. In reality your ATM card being stolen is more probable than your CC being taken on a secure website or paypal.

http://gizmodo.com/5687689/how-anyone-can-fake-an-atm-and-steal-your-money

I know a place where you can get that kit for about $400 and it'll pay itself off. Best place to install one of these loggers/fakers is in XXX shops, no one watches the machine and it's usually in the corner of a dark room away from all the masturbators. Install takes about 5-10min depending on how much you stumble around, and the owners (privately owned machines) come to refill the machine with both cash and receipt paper every week or so... you'll just need to get their routine memorized.

*disclaimer*
This is at no way trying to teach someone how to steal CC#'s or anything of the sort, it's just educational so people understand how easy it is to set one up.

i IT ALL JUST BLOWS , I DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANY OF IT , BUT ITS STILL SOME PAPER WORK & 2 TRIPS TO THE POLICE STATION THAT I REALLY COULD OF LIVED WITHOUT ! .. :confused2:

Yo, its happening in Your homeland all the fucking time.
Thievs form Ukraine mostly.

But te bank is obligated to pay each cent that you lost.
Yea, I know, I know a few people that used to do it... Poland is an exception, a month ago an older couple got beaten to death in their own home for 5pln (around $2.)

Here you're not responsible either, but at times it can get difficult to "prove" it's not you making the charges.

Latest posts

Back