Money well spent

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it. I put my 2006 on a dyno for the first time, bought it used with 4k miles, and it posted 134.1 rwhp and 92 ft torque. My friend had his done the same day with his 1997 max and got 128.5 rwhp and 80 something in torque. Mine is set up with Hindle Sidewinder header and a Yoshimura shorty out back. I have the Y off the airbox and I still have my EPA plugs in the carbs.
My friends 97 is stage7, individual K&Ns and Kerker 4-1 exhaust w/comp. baffle.
So I'm gonna have to agree that it has a lot to do with the way they're broke in and tuned.
I'll try to get my dyno sheets up later. I can't even get my avatar up.

if anyone wants a set of stage 7 carbs and all that goes with them, I have a set for sale for 500 bucks - just plug and play!! I went to the VGas with 165 mains

Don't know about the friendly dyno bit, a 2nd Gen Vmax that had been remapped with what looked like a set of UFO pipes got 194rwhp in 4th gear. Victory motorcycle was having their factory reps there for demo rides and such. None of them pulled any magic numbers not even some piped Hammers that some of the customers brought in...

Id like to run my max on that dyno,sounds very friendly!

I don't get it. I put my 2006 on a dyno for the first time, bought it used with 4k miles, and it posted 134.1 rwhp and 92 ft torque. My friend had his done the same day with his 1997 max and got 128.5 rwhp and 80 something in torque. Mine is set up with Hindle Sidewinder header and a Yoshimura shorty out back. I have the Y off the airbox and I still have my EPA plugs in the carbs.
My friends 97 is stage7, individual K&Ns and Kerker 4-1 exhaust w/comp. baffle.
So I'm gonna have to agree that it has a lot to do with the way they're broke in and tuned.
I'll try to get my dyno sheets up later. I can't even get my avatar up.

Very friendly dyno. Very...

I love it when someone gets on here and has better numbers and there's some other reason for his bike to post good numbers. It must be that everyone of you got your bikes dynoed with an "unfriendly" dyno, right? That's why your numbers suck? Or maybe if I had said that I paid a grand to have someone bolt shit on my bike you'd all be sucking my dick, right?
Hey, how'd that drag race with you and Jon turn out? Lmao! Jon must have had a "friendly" dyno to help tune his bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWXUm7BtvA

That was a snowmobile and that was it's SLOW pass.

Yep, showed up after driving 1000 miles to get there. Broke the bike I had brought right off the trailer. It was my 2005 that made 127rwhp, had a 3" stretch, and 17" wheel with street race tire. Too much traction and too much clutch. So, borrowed another guys bike and proceded to run an 11.11 with it (with a strange bike and dynoing only 119 rwhp). So, thought that was pretty good. Did you see the supercharged bike that he helped build that only ran 11.36's?

Oh, and the bike he brought. Not very street friendly. Single rotor front, strutted rear, slicks, and more. So, not exactly a fair fight. The only other bike that was remotely close to my time was a 2005 with stage seven and header and a kid probably 60 lbs lighter. I think he beat my time by MAYBE .10 second (maybe).

So, that video doesn't tell the complete story. It shows the pass where I red light by .002 and beat him across the stripe (though he had the faster elapsed time). Since I had cheated (by red lighting) we went again and that's the vid you don't see (though he beat me on that run too). As I recall I came home with a couple of trophies (reaction time and fastest et - though the kid on the 05 had the one pass quicker they weren't counting it for some reason - Jon didn't count himself).

And yes, I am suspect of any dyno that shows a vmax making over 90 lbs of torque. All the other numbers are easily believable. We have a few bikes with our jet kits making very similar number (133rwhp and 80's torque).

Oh, and the bike he ran is also up for dispute as to whether it's stock or not. The extra hp my bike was making and the tire ratio difference would have seen a far better match (even with the extra weight i was packing on both the bike and myself). I suspect that between the bike and myself there was probably a good 80-100lbs weight advantage for Jon. So, use your race calculators and do the math.

Sean

Latest posts

Back