Morleys jet kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I weigh about 210 in gear so im not like a Horse Jockey. I cant remember what the temperture was like that night but it was pretty warm & the humidity was not great. I have played with the jetting on this bike a good bit trying diffrent combos.

So your a little lighter then me by about 25 lbs. I want to say 235-38 lbs is what I remembered in gear.

I am going to the scales with complete bike and gear on to get a good 100% accurate # to work with.

Todd

Good pass Kyle. Guys, make note of the 60' time. That's where he was able to get the 10 second pass from. It also doesn't hurt to have a racetrack with better effective elevation (sea level). Our track is almost typically an elevation effective of about 4000-4500' which makes for slower times. Our actual elevation is 1350' but our "air" is almost always crap.

My best time this last weekend was 11.45 @ 116 mph. Best 60' time was 1.70-1.71 (can't remember the exact number right now). So, using the NHRA conversion calculator my sea level times would have been 10.81 @ 122 mph

Here's the link to get your conversion factor:
http://www.iroc-zpostforum.com/NHRACF.htm

You'll need to know your effective altitude which is taken from the overall weather conditions (barometer is one of the biggest factors).

With that info you can more easily compare yourself with other racers like Kyle.

Sean

:bang head: The elevations aren't low enough for my track. but I wish I was down there with my friends racing this weekend. The air is pretty sweet today.

trackweather.jpg

Here is a calculator. All you have to do is pick your track from the pull down, then the day and time. It will then give you what the weather is/was. From there is jut a matter of punching in the numbers. its pretty close, I punched in the numbers from my tracks weather station and it came out a little lower then what the track had listed.

So your a little lighter then me by about 25 lbs. I want to say 235-38 lbs is what I remembered in gear.

I am going to the scales with complete bike and gear on to get a good 100% accurate # to work with.

Todd

That could be the diffrence. I never weighed me and the bike. I know that heavy ass kosman wheel i was running was not helping me at all. It weighs more than a stock wheel so weight might not be much diffrent. I have new wheels now which are 21 lbs lighter plus i lost about another 15-20 off some other parts so hopeing i run better next time.

I weight 240 in gear so that's not helping either lol!

That could be the diffrence. I never weighed me and the bike. I know that heavy ass kosman wheel i was running was not helping me at all. It weighs more than a stock wheel so weight might not be much diffrent. I have new wheels now which are 21 lbs lighter plus i lost about another 15-20 off some other parts so hopeing i run better next time.

Which is now on my bike, I prefer to think of it as "flywheel effect.":biglaugh:

So let me ask the same Question for Todd. He's run a best of 11.28 with stock carbs, jetting. I believe he has a pipe. Would a stage 7 or morelys muscle kit put him very close or possibly in the 10's if everything is set up correctly? From what I'm reading from you guys, I think it should. Right:ummm:

So let me ask the same Question for Todd. He's run a best of 11.28 with stock carbs, jetting. I believe he has a pipe. Would a stage 7 or morelys muscle kit put him very close or possibly in the 10's if everything is set up correctly? From what I'm reading from you guys, I think it should. Right:ummm:

I believe with stock exhaust and the way my bike is setup right now it would be running around the same. I really don't think the pipe added much , without rejetting to compensate for it. My plugs show a lean condition after a 1/4 mile run. They are white. With a better air filter systems and proper jetting I think the bike should easily run 10's, IF I CAN DO MY PART.

Strapping the front end helped lower my 60 ft times about a .10. But didn't help my et that much. I still need better seat time. But I think for us 200+ lbs riders that low 11's and high 10's on a stock bike are capable if you can get your groove on so to speak.

.28 isn't much time, but its a hell of alot of time to lose as well. Taken from my very first run of a 11.9x and now 5 track days later I ve run 11.28's and can easily run consisten 11.40's all day long if thats what I want to do.

Right now my goal is 10.90's before I jet the bike. But I am not sure if I ll have enough time to do it with my busy schedule. I'll be happy with 11.00's , but would love to see a magic 10, even if its a 10.99 :biglaugh:

Todd

I would like to better phrase in short.

Yes a jet kit will help you properly tune the bike. It will tune the bike to the degree of usable power, which in turn should make the bike faster.

Making more power doesn't necessarily make the bike faster, IF you can't harness that power and put it to the ground.

With that said, alot of guys would go alot faster on stock bikes if they spent more seat time at the track with them. Then as they modified the bike, they would again have to readjust their procedures to make the bike faster ( atleast drag racing wise ).

Todd

Just curious, Todd have you ever fab up some struts and replaced the rear shoks for a run or two? Back in the day when I was running Modified class swapping to struts was good for tenth. Of course we didn't have the tires back then that we have today.

I have the dimensions for them would be an easy machine weld job for quick and ugly ones.

Todd

Dude, just whip up some g-code. CNC them as an "H" section and cut out slots. While your at it, just change the length and make some break links. Isn't it wonderful how i can spend other people's time? I wish i still had my CNC machines, I could waste hours makes parts for 4 or 5X as much as I could buy them for <G>

Craig

Back