Need help please....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckzx9

Reaction score
I scored these 2 items from a friend. Unfortunately I do not have the instructions. If anyone has this frame brace or knows someone that does and can help me find the instructions would be much appreciated. I have a ton of nuts bolts and spacers and it's a little above my comfort zone.
I have searched all over the web to no avail. But if they are out there I know someone on this site will be able to find it...

Thank you in advance
Mark Massa

by the way I scored both of these mods for $150 which is crazy.. :clapping::clapping:

Attachments

• YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-ALLOY-ENGINE-HUNGER-TYPE-2_201.jpg
    YAMAHA-V-MAX1200-ALLOY-ENGINE-HUNGER-TYPE-2_201.jpg
    21.1 KB
  • frame brace.jpg
    frame brace.jpg
    99.2 KB
i'm gonna be no help either excpet to say that i bet steve you and I could figure it out! shit like that usually goes on one way.

i'm gonna be no help either excpet to say that i bet steve you and I could figure it out! shit like that usually goes on one way.

There are so many extra screws and spacers. Multiple sizes and shapes. I don't think he ever installed it on his bike. He got the titanium one from over racing.
Yeah I sure we can figure it out. I was just hoping someone had one and it would make our lives easier. Lol.

Well how-hard can it be? It's bolt-on & it appears there is enough hardware. Blow-up the pic, strip-off anything in the way, & start trial-fitting until everything lines-up, then tighten ea. end incrementally until you snug everyhing up to stock spec for the motor mounts, and use a torque guide as found in a Haynes manual first chapter based on the size of the fastener; or 'shade-tree' it...

+1 to that...lol
Steve-o

There are so many extra screws and spacers. Multiple sizes and shapes. I don't think he ever installed it on his bike. He got the titanium one from over racing.
Yeah I sure we can figure it out. I was just hoping someone had one and it would make our lives easier. Lol.

i was talking to steve about you guys swinging up for maybe a burger or a steak and a beer at the house next week. i got the tools n shit to put those on (i'm sure) it'd make a good project while we're eating if you're interested.

i do have frame braces on mine as well.

i was talking to steve about you guys swinging up for maybe a burger or a steak and a beer at the house next week. i got the tools n shit to put those on (i'm sure) it'd make a good project while we're eating if you're interested.

i do have frame braces on mine as well.

I don't think I can wait until next week lol. But I would love to come by for a burger. You tell us when and we will be there :punk::punk:

Oh hell....sell it to Dannymax for .10 cents on the dollar and let him figure it out!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Danny button up your shirt before your heart falls out. You would really do that for me what a guy lmao...

I added it up it was 464 euros for brace
and 290 euros for the engine brace. So maybe 1100 us dollars.
When ever he told me the price I almost fell. Then I was like they must be all messed up. The guy never put them on. Or if he did it couldn't have been on long at all. Stuff is mint. I told my buddy I owe him a nice Portugese steak plate. If you never had one you won't understand. I will post pics when i get it all on :punk::punk:

Well how-hard can it be? It's bolt-on & it appears there is enough hardware. Blow-up the pic, strip-off anything in the way, & start trial-fitting until everything lines-up, then tighten ea. end incrementally until you snug everyhing up to stock spec for the motor mounts, and use a torque guide as found in a Haynes manual first chapter based on the size of the fastener; or 'shade-tree' it...

Maybe I should have sent you the picture of all the bolts and spacers I have. I finally did use a blown up picture to seperate all the correct ones. There aren't to many pictures on line with these items installed. We will figure it out was just thowing it out there if anyone had the instructions..
I'll post pics when complete:punk:

Maybe I should have sent you the picture of all the bolts and spacers I have. I finally did use a blown up picture to seperate all the correct ones. There aren't to many pictures on line with these items installed. We will figure it out was just thowing it out there if anyone had the instructions..
I'll post pics when complete:punk:
Yeah I saw the hardware. Like an Erector set, you don't have to use all the pieces. It would be easier w/the directions, but maybe they are in Japanese!

Aren't those the guys who built a sweet Sportster years ago & had Jay Springsteen ride it for them at Daytona, back when John Britten was racing? I have some pics of both, I believe. On honest-to-god film, not digital!

I don't think I can wait until next week lol. But I would love to come by for a burger. You tell us when and we will be there :punk::punk:

fair enough! i was thinking the mother in law would be in town tonight but it appears she may not be and i *may* have some time. let me know if you were thinking of tackling it either there or here...

Danny button up your shirt before your heart falls out. You would really do that for me what a guy lmao...

I added it up it was 464 euros for brace
and 290 euros for the engine brace. So maybe 1100 us dollars.
When ever he told me the price I almost fell. Then I was like they must be all messed up. The guy never put them on. Or if he did it couldn't have been on long at all. Stuff is mint. I told my buddy I owe him a nice Portugese steak plate. If you never had one you won't understand. I will post pics when i get it all on :punk::punk:

:rofl_200::rofl_200: Ah hell, the least I could do!! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Don't see much Over Racing stuff here but it appears to be first class....you made a hell of a score Mark....can't wait to see it at the Ricer!

i like those frame braces, but way too much, what did you end up paying/trading for them, good score man.

He bought the bike in the spring. It has the titanium brace from over racing. I ask him to ask the seller where he bought and he said he had another one. He said $150 and it's mine. When I got the box it Also had the engine protector as well. Holy crap what a score. Felt like Santa sent me a present in august lol.

Garrett would have to do it here cause I can't transport the stuff to your house. Unless steve o let's me use his trailer.

Can't wait for river ;)

He bought the bike in the spring. It has the titanium brace from over racing. I ask him to ask the seller where he bought and he said he had another one. He said $150 and it's mine. When I got the box it Also had the engine protector as well. Holy crap what a score. Felt like Santa sent me a present in august lol.

Garrett would have to do it here cause I can't transport the stuff to your house. Unless steve o let's me use his trailer.

Can't wait for river ;)

that is a score and a half man!

gotcha. didn't know if you could throw it in a backpack and ride the bike up?

Back