VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 Mike on too much oil. The pic is great, and exactly where the oil level should be. I get oil in the air box if I over fill too.
I have a home made vent system from oil fill to the air box tee.Part of the(Stage Steve-o) carb kit. Rov (Tuglar) I think did a nice thread on a home made oil seperator you might want to research. I'm going to do it.
That connection to the air box is a major piss off for a lot of guys. The OEM breather hose is a hair short. A stainless hose clamp that you can use a socket and extension on beats the OEM clamp.
I set up my tee under the air box so I can lift the box a little with the hose connected. The hose from the tee to the engine breather I made slightly longer. Then remove the coolant recovery tank and reach in with 1/4 drive extention and 8mm (5/16) socket. This has saved me much foul language and speeded up air box removal and hose comming off is a non issue now. I will take pics if anyone wants them.
Steve

(

Steve,

If you have a picture that would be great... The hose did come off and I feel a lot better now after yours and Mike's post!

Thanks guys!!

So I need to find a little longer hose and I already got the clamps.

Once I get the hose installed, I'll level the bike out and check the oil level and drain to half way in the glass.

The clean, clean, clean and run the piss out of it again. Hopefully I don't get any oil in the breather or all over the motor again! :)

Any thoughts on removing the hose and adding a filter thinga? I saw a couple of posts but one guy said he had oil coming out at high RMP's all over the place so he went back to using a hose (which makes sense).

Always something ;)

When I change my oil, I drain the middle gear reservoir by removing the drain bolt at the bottom of the the middle gear cover. There is just enough oil in there to actually use a full 4 quarts to refill the crankcase. Otherwise 4 quarts is just a little to much. I.M.H.O.

Back