Quick hi from down under

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
hey all,

just thought I'd say a quick hi now that I'm out of the frozen snowy UK I spent the last couple of months in.

I'm now in Perth, Western Australia, for another two months. It's summer here! About 30+ (centigrade, that's 90s) everyday, and lovely and warm at night too. It never rains either, full-on sunshine day after day. Thinking of maybe getting a bike while I'm here, and selling it when I leave. I sure do miss my Max.

Yesterday it was Australia Day here - a bit like 4th of July in the States. Everyone in the streets, big fireworks, and I followed my friends' tradition of skinny dipping in the Indian ocean at midnight. Good fun, and of course we drunk quite a bit too. :clapping:

Anyway, gonna read a bunch of new posts to see what's been going on, hope that everyone's well and my Florida chums are getting some good riding weather. :punk:

Good to hear you made it back to some sunshine G! Pictures of your local would be awesome!
Enjoy your time in the warmth as us north of the Mason-Dixon line are freezing our arse off!
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Hi G from SW FLA. It's been high seventies lo eighties and NO BUGS! So life is good back home. Did have a cold spell that killed of a bunch of snook,manatees and sea turtles though. Too bad the company can't pay to ship your bike with you. Bring back some Australian Vmax stuff back with you, dealer advertising or cycle mag stuff. Thanks Patmax

hey all,

just thought I'd say a quick hi now that I'm out of the frozen snowy UK I spent the last couple of months in.

I'm now in Perth, Western Australia, for another two months. It's summer here! About 30+ (centigrade, that's 90s) everyday, and lovely and warm at night too. It never rains either, full-on sunshine day after day. Thinking of maybe getting a bike while I'm here, and selling it when I leave. I sure do miss my Max.

Yesterday it was Australia Day here - a bit like 4th of July in the States. Everyone in the streets, big fireworks, and I followed my friends' tradition of skinny dipping in the Indian ocean at midnight. Good fun, and of course we drunk quite a bit too. :clapping:

Anyway, gonna read a bunch of new posts to see what's been going on, hope that everyone's well and my Florida chums are getting some good riding weather. :punk:

I must say:
wlecome back :cheers:

Rub it in you guys........rub it in:bang head::snow::snow::snow::tantrum::tantrum::snow::Snowmobile::snow::snow:
:biglaugh:

ya pretty icy here, if i was in the land down under id be chasing dingos on my max. maybe a couple lions and tigers too

a few pics - not the best as I keep forgetting my camera when I go to nice places, but it gives you an idea of the weather here - 30-40C by day and a good 20C at night. Not a drop of rain either, I'm gonna hire myself a bike soon! :clapping:

Attachments

• P1090517.JPG
    P1090517.JPG
    141.9 KB
  • P1090530.JPG
    P1090530.JPG
    100.9 KB
  • P1090537.JPG
    P1090537.JPG
    60.2 KB
Thanks, G! The sunset looks great! The first picture, is that a bicycle path that runs next to the roadway? Your picture reminded me of the camping this past summer!
Here is a picture I took while camping this summer of a sunset on Lake Superior.
The last picture you can see my sister and nephew from Colorado, out on lake Superior you can just see a 600' to 1000' lake freighter which is probably hauling iron ore and Canada on the horizion.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    44 KB
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    38.3 KB
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    45.8 KB
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    34.9 KB
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    69.9 KB
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    75.5 KB
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    43.6 KB
Nice pix too Brian!

In my first one, it's just a walkway as they have here along every road, although I think you can cycle on it too.

They have, however, lots of real cycleways here that don't ever get near a road and take you all around the city. Funnily, you can't ride a bicycle here without a helmet! Big fine.

Nice pix too Brian!

In my first one, it's just a walkway as they have here along every road, although I think you can cycle on it too.

They have, however, lots of real cycleways here that don't ever get near a road and take you all around the city. Funnily, you can't ride a bicycle here without a helmet! Big fine.

So how long are you in western Oz for , would be good weather for a ride to Surfers Paradise . It would only take 3 or 4 days solid . Never made it west when i was there but many told me its beautiful there . :punk:

hey all,

Same weather than for me I guess :)
Pacific weather is great until it's start to rain hehe.

Latest posts

Back