Rear Fender - Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlosMax

Reaction score
I have bought a pair of rear grab bars from Maxi Carbon but they come with no fixings. My fender has holes of 8mm and 10mm and I was thinking of gluing some fixed nuts on the inside.

IMG_4630.jpeg IMG_4631.jpeg

However, I can’t figure how to get the rear fender off. It is a replacement carbon fibre part, which I didn’t fit. The manual only shows three screws but that doesn’t do it. I can see loads of, what look like, pop fixings (photo of one removed) all along the underside.

IMG_4629.jpeg

Does anyone know if I need to remove all these to remove the fender?

Thanks for any help

Dave

Looks like @Mr. Max beat me to it...well played.

You can pretty easily find a Service Manual online, which would detail fender removal, or possibly look at some of the parts diagrams available on OEM parts vendor sites like RonAyers.com to see where and which fasteners you might need to remove.

Looks like @Mr. Max beat me to it...well played.

You can pretty easily find a Service Manual online, which would detail fender removal, or possibly look at some of the parts diagrams available on OEM parts vendor sites like RonAyers.com to see where and which fasteners you might need to remove.
Thanks MileHayabusa. I downloaded a manual but it seems to just have exploded diagrams rather than an explanation. Now that I see the fixing holes I understand the diagrams. Shame that neither Clymer or Haynes have produced a workshop manual.
I’ll take a look at Ronayres.com.

Latest posts

Back