Thunder 2013 - Will You Be There?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going hell or high water. I plan on leaving about 4am Thursday. I'm trailering at least to NY, depending on the weather. I bought nice rain gear last season, slip on boots ect. if the clouds open up I don't care. I've been looking fwd to this for a long time.
Steve-o

Glad to hear your going to make it Steve. I'm leaving Thurs morning but not quite that early. Prob be a couple of hours behind you. Prob leave about 6-7. I'll keep my eye out for ya if we happen to take the same routes. I'm planning on doing 91 to 84 to 87 to 287 to 78 to 70 at this time.

The long term weather report looks good for the latter half of the week, Monday might be a little damp/ Tuesday and Wednesday have a %30 chance of "occasional showers". Around here %30 chance means almost no chance at all for precipitation and likely good riding weather.
With the highs being mid to high 70's that sounds good to me!:clapping:

In these parts, anything over 20% isn't usually a chance of rain, but more like the percentage of the day when it will rain :tantrum: :rofl_200: But the 10 day forecast shows 0 - 10% starting on Wednesday, for both Pittsburgh and Johnstown. All we have to do is pray it doesn't change, eight times, between now and then :whistlin:

John

In these parts, anything over 20% isn't usually a chance of rain, but more like the percentage of the day when it will rain :tantrum: :rofl_200: But the 10 day forecast shows 0 - 10% starting on Wednesday, for both Pittsburgh and Johnstown. All we have to do is pray it doesn't change, eight times, between now and then :whistlin:

John

Seriously.....It's NOT New England weather but I bet it changes a fair bit there too..............:confused2:

Glad to hear your going to make it Steve. I'm leaving Thurs morning but not quite that early. Prob be a couple of hours behind you. Prob leave about 6-7. I'll keep my eye out for ya if we happen to take the same routes. I'm planning on doing 91 to 84 to 87 to 287 to 78 to 70 at this time.

How many miles you figure Mike?

Same here Mike. I'm glad you and Rick are going. We'll be in for a good time. 508-274-8203 is my cell phone guys.
Steve

ANOTHER UPDATE! (I'm really trying hard to go..., LOL!)

I have found & booked a room at the Econo Lodge @ Somerset PA (30 miles south of Johnstown PA), HOWEVER now I'm looking for a roommate to split the cost (1/2 of $90 per night). If I don't find something cheaper or a roommate, I'll probably cancel the room and not go.

So..., still looking to see if others are traveling from near my area.

I would like to leave Friday Jun 21 in the A.M. or early afternoon
Come back on Sunday Jun 23 in the A.M. or early afternoon

P.S. Trip also depends on the weather - I don't do rain...

Redbone got here this evening, we got everything loaded up and are getting ready to hit the sack for a few hours of sleep, will hit the road at 3am................Looking foreward to getting some great riding in and meeting up with Kosrider on Tues and the rest of the Hooligans on Thurs!!............:punk:..............Tom.

I hope you all are and going to have a great time. Wish i was gonna be there. Maybe next year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Damn wish I was going. The wife gave me the green light and all. But I'm gonna go next year ill have more time to plan. I'm gonna book a room for next year as soon as I can. Hopefully ill have a trailer by next year so my wife can come as well.
All of you guys drive safe and have fun. Take tons of pics. I know Steve O will have his camera. Praying to the sunshine gods for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn wish I was going. The wife gave me the green light and all. But I'm gonna go next year ill have more time to plan. I'm gonna book a room for next year as soon as I can. Hopefully ill have a trailer by next year so my wife can come as well.
All of you guys drive safe and have fun. Take tons of pics. I know Steve O will have his camera. Praying to the sunshine gods for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mark....bummer you can't make it.....

Max ready - new oil, runs great, new tire.
Burgman 400 ready - Kathy ready to ride it!
Weather - Looking great for the whole time!

This is gonna be a blast!

Heading out Wednesday.

T-MINUS 24 HOURS AND COUNTING DOWN!

The pickup is 3/4 loaded and I'll trailer-up the bikes this evening. Oil changed. Tire pressure checked. Babysitter for the plants, cats, dogs and fish is up to speed. Grass is mowed.

Getting anxious to get out of here.

Loaded up ready to head out early Tuesday to join Redbone & Beekeeper already at the hotel enjoying some early rides !! Started cutting the grass too ... got the front done before a rain storm set in. Guess the wife will have to finish it on Tuesday !! :biglaugh:

Forecast looks GREAT for Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday !!!

Should be a great time. Let's RIDE !!! See you there !

Sorry I wont be going. Unfortunately as some of you know I have major issues w/ my back. The day I meet w/ the ortho surgeon is the day after (fri) we would be leaving. I am really bummed out & was looking forward to meeting allot of you guys. I am hoping maybe this year I can meet the locals at rice o rama. Bob , Ed , Sean ,Bill we will me eventually maybe next Thunder?

I may have to ride up early Saturday morning and ride for the day then just ride back home that night. So where you guys gonna be early Saturday morning? Is there a place everyone is getting together to see who's going where? Or should I just go to the days inn and meet up there? If anyone could let me know the itinerary I'd be obliged. Thanks. Ed

Sorry I wont be going. Unfortunately as some of you know I have major issues w/ my back. The day I meet w/ the ortho surgeon is the day after (fri) we would be leaving. I am really bummed out & was looking forward to meeting allot of you guys. I am hoping maybe this year I can meet the locals at rice o rama. Bob , Ed , Sean ,Bill we will me eventually maybe next Thunder?
For sure Wayno. Take care of that back dude.....I've been there, it sucks!

I may have to ride up early Saturday morning and ride for the day then just ride back home that night. So where you guys gonna be early Saturday morning? Is there a place everyone is getting together to see who's going where? Or should I just go to the days inn and meet up there? If anyone could let me know the itinerary I'd be obliged. Thanks. Ed
Ed, at the beginning of this thread is a link to the VMOA website....it has the schedule of events for Thunder. Hope to see you there!

Ed you can do th Or come ride with us on Sammys ride

Latest posts

Back