UFO Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I pulled the exhaust off my bike to do some other work and noticed it didn't look as good as it did when I bought it. It came new as polished stainless.

That shitty first gen UFO exhaust I have that every one said was gonna rust just got a 4 hour (for every single piece together, in total) polishing session on a bench polisher (Buffer mounted to a bench grinder) using polishing compound and looks brand new, hell, it looks better than brand new, you can't tell it from chrome now..

There wasn't a spot of rust on it.

It WAS discolored and spotty looking from burnt in what not over the years, hand prints, grease, dirty water and who knows what else that burns into the stainless.

I still think I got a good deal for $500 new in the box for an exhaust that didn't fit according to the guy I bought it from.

So you're gonna say all that and not post a pic. C'mon!

I like the old style UFO with cans. I'm not really into the looks of the new style without them. When I bought the bike the first thing I wanted to get was exhaust. I found all kinds of pics on the internet, gathered my money up, made a decision and talked to Jon at UFO and found out the old style was discontinued :bang head:

The old style was designed by Mario and HMF and stolen by UFO and slightly tweaked.

Let's see pics!

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Yeah, mine is the one with the Aluminum cans, I actually wish I could find some Carbon Fiber cans to fit on there.

I'll post some pics once I get it back on the bike and get the skins back from the paint shop and get every thing else all polished up.

I was aware of the design theft issue, but Cornell did a really nice job in stealing the design for sure....

I just looked at his new design and it looks the same as the old one with the exception that the cans are different.

I honestly don't think there's much different way to do a Vmax exhaust exccept for the way UFO does it or the way Marks does it, since one does both right cylinders together and the other does right left criss cross from front to back, with the addition of a cross over on the marks pipe which is probably better for low end and mid range power for sure. HMF did a true 4-1 with a real 4-1 collector but all of those I've seen or of that design style have been beat to shit from ground clearance issues...

Yeah, mine is the one with the Aluminum cans, I actually wish I could find some Carbon Fiber cans to fit on there.

Mario / HMF / Sean Morley can help you there , excellent quality , not cheap , you get what you pay for and won't be disappointed. ( See samples below )

I was aware of the design theft issue, but Cornell did a really nice job in stealing the design for sure....

No credit given for copying a competitor or someone elses product . ( See Red Chinese for examples )

I honestly don't think there's much different way to do a Vmax exhaust exccept for the way UFO does it or the way Marks does it, since one does both right cylinders together and the other does right left criss cross from front to back, with the addition of a cross over on the marks pipe which is probably better for low end and mid range power for sure. HMF did a true 4-1 with a real 4-1 collector but all of those I've seen or of that design style have been beat to shit from ground clearance issues...

Check out PCW 's custom design for our brother from N.C. on this forum , posted in the last few days .

Attachments

• DSC01821.jpg
    DSC01821.jpg
    97.3 KB
  • DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    50.5 KB
  • DSC02104.jpg
    DSC02104.jpg
    94.1 KB
Back