Vmax Vs zx14 drag race offer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i'm not a fukin zx14 or busa rider as you put it, i have raced ever type of bike over the 38 years ..

Please go back and look at my first post ..I smacked talk NO one ..I never said i was fast or above anyone else, i only offered a friendy race and a chance to meet some nice people and have a good time ...If you don't want to race me fine , just bring your bike and run the clocks ..

Your not a fukin ZX14 Boosa rider? Then ya better update your profile or take soemthing for alziemers cause your profile says Others bikes ZX14" Or do you just have them sitting in your living room?
You stated as quoted "I'm still looking for a 09 Vmax to test and no takers yet .. If you have a new Vmax drop me a PM ... If you feel you are not up to the task of riding it at the track that is ok , bring the bike and we will put a pro rider on the bike and see what she does"
I just asked who the hell you are and what kind of creditentals you have to where you feel you are going to jump on some buddies new motrocycle to rip and roar on it at the track...
Personally racing a motorcycle for 38 yrs doesnt mean jack fukin diddly shit in my book... Yrs of expierence doesnt mean nothing. I still see guys at the track when I used race 20 yrs ago still getting loaded up on the trailer by the 3rd round..
I think your barking up the wrong tree, it was the previous member that blasted you, I was just adding to it. So sip on your prune juice goto pinch a loaf but dont go blasting at me when I asked why you feel your so special to rip on roar on another mans motorcycle.

Your not a fukin ZX14 Boosa rider? Then ya better update your profile or take soemthing for alziemers cause your profile says Others bikes ZX14" Or do you just have them sitting in your living room?
You stated as quoted "I'm still looking for a 09 Vmax to test and no takers yet .. If you have a new Vmax drop me a PM ... If you feel you are not up to the task of riding it at the track that is ok , bring the bike and we will put a pro rider on the bike and see what she does"
I just asked who the hell you are and what kind of creditentals you have to where you feel you are going to jump on some buddies new motrocycle to rip and roar on it at the track...
Personally racing a motorcycle for 38 yrs doesnt mean jack fukin diddly shit in my book... Yrs of expierence doesnt mean nothing. I still see guys at the track when I used race 20 yrs ago still getting loaded up on the trailer by the 3rd round..
I think your barking up the wrong tree, it was the previous member that blasted you, I was just adding to it. So sip on your prune juice goto pinch a loaf but dont go blasting at me when I asked why you feel your so special to rip on roar on another mans motorcycle.
I ride this also ,so i guess i'm a zrx1200 asshole also..
2005zrxdrag3-1.jpg

Sorry i'm not here to smack talk , I'm only here to offer what i have allready offered .. Come or don't come it's all the same to me ..

Well your a JR member first off, so know one knows you here! Second how do you think you can ride any better then the orginal owner? Do you have anything saying how fast you ran, time slips, videos, magazine articles? NO so basically your just another person that wants to ride a VMAX.
You can offer, but when you post a second time after no response thats annoying. People read and there is a reason why you didnt get any offers for a ride.
And last but not least dont come on here blasting me when we are just calling you out.
Other then that I am finished, if you need more common sense come to the lounge and we will see what we can teach you.

Sorry i'm not here to smack talk , I'm only here to offer what i have allready offered .. Come or don't come it's all the same to me ..

Gentlemen... let's keep this on the original subject. SmokinZX14 wants to know if anyone with a 2nd Gen wants to drag race in Florida. All the chest thumping, smack talking, cock measuring will be done ELSEWHERE (ie PMs) otherwise :lock: will be appearing on this thread. Let's keep this civil, he is looking for other people interested in drag racing.

Thank you!

niceguy.gif

Why in the hell do people insist on comparing a crotch rocket to a cruiser??????????

Jesus Christ, yes the Gen II Max is a fast bike, but it is not and never will be what the Busas' and ZX14s' are. First there is the weight issue, second is aerodynamics.

I guess we should just be happy that the crotch rocket crowd even considers a cruiser a contender in the drags.

because yamaha markets it as the quickest on the planet..with a motor thats much larger it should be compaired where talking 1/4 mile not not road racing

I think that any advantage enjoyed by the VMax in terms of humidity and air density would also favour the ZX14 equally so the point of which bike is quicker is back to staus quo. If it's a pure numbers game, then the ZX14 should win, otherwise it's all about the rider. A Zx14, at 485 lbs dry weight, does enjoy a huge weight advantage over the '09 Max at 658 lbs.

Seeing as that the 2009 Max is both rare and expensive, I can't say I'm surprised that no one is jumping at the chance to flog it on the track right off the bat. Maybe after a few miles are logged, you'll get some interested '09 Max owners in a drag.

The biggiest achillies heel of the gen-2 is that it cannot hook up with all its power, at least in pure stock form. I'm sure the gen-2 owners will be have ample opportunity to experiment with aftermarket rubber (and will probably become best friends with his/her local tire salesman). With the right rubber (and fewer psi in it) the gen-2's 1/4 mile time may improve significantly.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

I think that any advantage enjoyed by the VMax in terms of humidity and air density would also favour the ZX14 equally so the point of which bike is quicker is back to staus quo. If it's a pure numbers game, then the ZX14 should win, otherwise it's all about the rider. A Zx14, at 485 lbs dry weight, does enjoy a huge weight advantage over the '09 Max at 658 lbs.

Seeing as that the 2009 Max is both rare and expensive, I can't say I'm surprised that no one is jumping at the chance to flog it on the track right off the bat. Maybe after a few miles are logged, you'll get some interested '09 Max owners in a drag.

The biggiest achillies heel of the gen-2 is that it cannot hook up with all its power, at least in pure stock form. I'm sure the gen-2 owners will be have ample opportunity to experiment with aftermarket rubber (and will probably become best friends with his/her local tire salesman). With the right rubber (and fewer psi in it) the gen-2's 1/4 mile time may improve significantly.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

Racing on the track, or street for that matter, always comes down to the rider/driver.
And yes teh ZX would benefit fromt the good DA also, point i was making is that it might be possible to ge a stock Max into the 9's

The reason so many sport bike people want to jump on a v max in a drag is because of the reputation the orginal max has.It was one of the fastest 1/4 1/8 mile for years even compared to sportbikes.I am not surprised at all sportbike want a piece of it.The bike to me is no cruiser,its a freakin naked muscle bike for raising hell.I am very thankfull its taged as cruiser since the insurance is cheaper with that title.Love to see the race of zx1400 and will happen soon i am sure,anyone thats got a new 09 max will have to flex some muscle this summer or get harrassed a hell of alot,they all want to whoop on one. This is John from south carolina

Wont hook up at the track?? Ok I can see you dont have much expierence at the dragstrip with a street bike with a stock wheelbase motorcycle.
For those that ignored the comment....
I am not sure how your dragstrips are taken care and if they are prepped with VHT but I can 60ft in the low 1.50's on a street tire before it breaks loose. Or I can blow the rear tire off on the line through first and hazing 2nd at 300 ft. for a show!
Clutch control??:ummm: Feathering the clutch? Throttle roll on? Any of these terms make sense?

The new 09 VMAX will be faster then a ZX14 with a basic everyday joe street rider due to the vmax will be easier to launch without wheeling compared to the tupperware bikes. Most ZX14 riders dont know how to launch there stock wheelbased bikes on a sticky dragstrip to its full potential. The new VMAX can run 143 them days of only hitting 120 are gone tupperware riders!

Not many race their 14's with a stock wheel base and stock gearing.Low 9's are attainable with the right rider set up this way. I have even heard of some smaller riders breaking into the 8's.

6" over swingarm 16-43 gearing

Wont hook up at the track?? Ok I can see you dont have much expierence at the dragstrip with a street bike with a stock wheelbase motorcycle.
For those that ignored the comment....
I am not sure how your dragstrips are taken care and if they are prepped with VHT but I can 60ft in the low 1.50's on a street tire before it breaks loose. Or I can blow the rear tire off on the line through first and hazing 2nd at 300 ft. for a show!
Clutch control??:ummm: Feathering the clutch? Throttle roll on? Any of these terms make sense?

The new 09 VMAX will be faster then a ZX14 with a basic everyday joe street rider due to the vmax will be easier to launch without wheeling compared to the tupperware bikes. Most ZX14 riders dont know how to launch there stock wheelbased bikes on a sticky dragstrip to its full potential. The new VMAX can run 143 them days of only hitting 120 are gone tupperware riders!

You got some good points that will be most cases with stock wheelbase BUT must guys here are streched and run shinko super soft ruber. 09 max has 18 rims and not much out there in street strip tire sticky,or is there a sticky soft street strip tire in 18s?

Personally, I have zero experience at the track but I'm an avid reader. Jay Gleason's test on the '09 Max yielded low 10's. I'm sure Jay used his whole bag of tricks in trying to get the completely stock gen-2 under the 10-second barrier but it did not happen on that particular test. Perhaps on a different track, on a cooler day, with a stickier tire, etc the times would be lower.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

Ok this is where things become a cluster F!! We are talking stock production bikes in this thread! Well no shit a ZX14 stretched will out run an 09 vmax. Stock for stock means how it came off the show room floor. But hey thanks for educating me about stretched ZX14's I live under a rock and never heard of such a thing.
I am just saying a street race stop light to stop light 1/4 mile I would rather be on an 09 VMAX ....... hmmm maybe... thinking about that... nahh I take that back I can launch a sport bike with a few parking lot practice runs.. Put me on the ZX14 for a street race...

I think it's really simple...

1. the gen2 is simply too heavy in stock trim for decent times - it's got the power but too much fat to drag along

2. I'd rather be on the gen2 than any other bike anyday. It's just way cooler and if I'm gonna be on a crotch rocket I wanna see turns.

Not many race their 14's with a stock wheel base and stock gearing.Low 9's are attainable with the right rider set up this way. I have even heard of some smaller riders breaking into the 8's.

6" over swingarm 16-43 gearing

Even some no-so small riders(200plus lbs) have hit 8's with bolt-on extensions, gearing and a pipe.

I would still like to see a decent/good rider take a 09 V-max down a prepped track. Too many variables to guess at what it'll really do.
Things it has going for it:
65" wheelbase(this is a HUGE benifit!)
175ish rwhp/well over 100ft/lbs of Tq

Things that hurt it:
Weight
Tire choice
Weight
Tire choice
Weight
Tire choice....

Very cool bike. Don't guess any bike has all pluses. It being limited to 143 mph may prove to hurt it as well, though my calculations put its trap speed in that neighborhood in the 1/4 anyway(unless very good air and superflyweight rider). I would love to see it do well, and i respect any bike with that kinda power. That respect also goes to the "tuperware" bikes as well. Many of their owners do have big heads and their mouths commonly write checks that their skills can't cash. There are V-max owners that do the same. Personally, i can't stand those types, no matter what they ride.

I'm a former "tupperware" bike rider/owner, so bad mouth me/flame me, ban me, etc if you like. I don't think it makes me an idiot nor does it mean that i can't ride. I do own a Gen 1 V-max now and love it. Don't have a real desire to hit the track with it though.
That being said, I STILL WANNA SEE ONE HIT THE TRACK AND SEE WHAT IT'LL DO! I don't blame anyone for not wanting to take such an expensive machine down the track, but i would think that some will, sometime..

Exactly! For $18k you can buy a busa and a zx14.

I feel that for that price they can keep it.

Anyone priced their insurance yet for their new generation Vmax?

I am paying $400 a year for my new 14 .

Back