Vmax Vs zx14 drag race offer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bawls, They work like a champ!

Now I just need to figure out how to stop sliding off the back everytime that I open it up!

I'm glad that they work for you. Now you just need to get a set of the comfy foam grips like I've got to finish off the comfort thing. i run the johar street grooves extra thick foams.

As for sliding off the back of the bike... give tobin a shout and see about having your seat re-worked. he does awesome work and is a lot cheaper than corbin and the other guys. I've seen a couple of the busa seats in person, and pics of the 14 seats that he's done and they're niiiiiiiice.

Somebody just ran 9.976 @ 141.85 on a stock Gen2 Vmax - the exception is he has a race ecu. The rider claims his weight is 165lbs. Time slip, pictures, etc! are on the Starvmax site...Regards, Jack:biglaugh:

That is pretty decent considering his 60' was not all that impressive. Give him some more time on that thing and you might see a few more 10ths fall off. He is a pretty small guy... I'm sure my ass would never see a pass in the 9's

60' was not good at all. Maybe he had traction problems? The thing that really disapoints me is the mph in the 1/8. Only 113(ok closer to 114). Even if he spun, it does not affect the mph much at all(i've seen HIGHER mph on passes where i spun comming out of the hole), unless of course he spun HARD and long which is doubtful due to the so-so et. Evidently the new V-max's weight affects it as much as i had feared. Too bad 'cuz it definetly makes power. Too bad also that no one has been able to capitalize on the bikes 67" wheelbase.

Yeah, I've never seen a negative reaction time before!

Yeah, I've never seen a negative reaction time before!

Its all the torque put to the track, it caused the earth to counter rotate. From what we learned from the original superman movie if the earth counter rotates time actually runs in reverse.

At least thats the excuse I use when I redlight :biglaugh:

He broke out early but does that affect the ET time? :ummm:

It shouldn't since the clock starts counting as soon as he trips the light regardless of the red light.
Mike Costa
VMOA #3531

yeah, only 113 in the 1/8th with the kind of air that atco has is pretty terrible. I wonder if that's the bike that turbomark has been bragging about putting down 180+ hp on the dyno at carpenters racing.

He broke out early but does that affect the ET time? :ummm:
Nope, only affects when the clocks start compared to when the green bulb lights up. Does'nt matter if you sit there for 5 minutes after the green light, ET clocks only start when you break the beam. Though i would not reccomend waiting that long...:biglaugh:

yeah, only 113 in the 1/8th with the kind of air that atco has is pretty terrible. I wonder if that's the bike that turbomark has been bragging about putting down 180+ hp on the dyno at carpenters racing.

Couple that slow speed with a light rider and ??? Not doubting the time/mph at all. Just suprised.
Heck, i've pulled more mph than that with me sitting at 205# suited on a STONE STK Gen I Busa in West Texas with a DA over 3000ft.
I was expecting more mph from the new V-max. Ahhh, well. It is what it is i guess.

I have draged raced more than most and red lights have always slowed my ET just a fraction. It acts like a deep stage you loose your roll out. JMO. Not sure how I missed this thread until today very intersting.

All this talk about the 1/4 mile times is great but Yamaha never said anything about being the 1/4 mile king, its just what we all expected. Even the unitized book that came with the 09 says " What they were after was the sensual feel of acceleration, the emotion that keeps riders coming back for more." My 09 feels freakin fast to me and I love it. I've never raced before so I have no skills. I will give it a shot this summer at the local track just for fun. Even if I lose every race I'm in I still get to ride an 09 VMAX home. I traded in my 05 for the 09 and don't regret it but I wish I still had the 05. There is something about the gen 1 I will always love. Instead of getting the wow theres a VMAX reaction from people I get a what the F is that reaction. :biglaugh:

The Vmax sounds good.....crotch rockets sound horrible imho:confused2:

I have draged raced more than most and red lights have always slowed my ET just a fraction. It acts like a deep stage you loose your roll out. JMO. Not sure how I missed this thread until today very intersting.

You can shallow stage and still redlight. Redlight just means you broke the beam before the green. Sure you have a head start when shallow staging, but it has nothing to do with WHEN you leave. Don't affect et at all.
Now, if you roll foreward(before actually launching) and break the beam, then it will affect et. You did'nt redlight due to leaving early this way. Of course the redlight don't care why you did it...
Shallow staging gives a slight(and i do mean slight) et advantage due to you getting a few inches to get moving before one breaks the beam to start the clocks. (just explaining this for those that may be wondering what shallow staging is)

I know what it all means I have won thousands of dollars bracket and class racing I was just giving a little light on my personal experiance with a redlight. My et is always just a hair slow on a redlight. This is after running the same vehical over and over again hundreds of times. I know exactly what it runs. I know what a redlight is. I know for a fact that shollow staging helps et and mph just slightly. Deep staging changes your ET also. This is all in hundreths of a second but it is still there.

Back