What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried messing with my masters. put a bolt on both and the original vmax one had NO lever movability once plugged, the fjr had like 2/3 of that 'freeplay' i felt, so it must just be the way it is. i rebuilt it so unless the bore is that fucked up its just gonna have to stay that way hah.

Rick, the seat felt great! I absolutely love this seat! I used to have such a sore ass after riding for just 45 minutes on the stock seat, but last night I had no problems.
GREAT:biglaugh:

Did a little wet sanding in an attempt to polish the rim lips of my front wheel. Too nice to be in the garage tho. We hit the park with the kids and dogs then off to mom in laws for steak on the grill. Beautiful day! Wish the bike was ready.

Installed the GSXR Denso COPs using Gannon's harness kit. Sweet. Cleans things up. Can't see 'em in the pic of course, take my word for it... LOL :biglaugh:

Those resistors in the harnesses get good and hot don't they?

Also installed my new Ohlins shocks. Mmmmm. The bling factor alone made them worth it! :eusa_dance:

Are those the same set of Ohlins on e-bay a week or so ago for
$ 599.00 ? If not , how much did they set you back ?

Are those the same set of Ohlins on e-bay a week or so ago for
$ 599.00 ? If not , how much did they set you back ?

I bought them through the winter from the eBay seller in Japan. That is what I paid. They are brand new, set up for the V Max. They came in a plain non branded box, well packed.

G Man

Fixed my fork problem(see STRIPPED thread), put on aftermarket fork brace, installed EBC-HH pads and cleaned calipers. Put wheel back on, took it off, put fender on(duh) then wheel again. Everything seem to work ok. I even remembered the speedometer cable and the axle clamp bolt and had no parts left over!
Now I just need a sunny day to bed in the brakes. Next week, 412 rear shocks...

Trevor aka VMAX NV aka THE NOOB WRENCHER

Yay! Also just tightened up the head bearings. Thanks to Sean for the video and DannyMax for loaning me the tool. Didn't have a 1 1/16" wrench for the top nut, just used a channel locks, it was on pretty tight(torque spec is pretty high) Hope I got it tight enough when I put it back on. :)

Picked this up from Torrent Powdercoaters in Dania FL today, yes there is another scoop. Metallic silver & clearcoat. No polishing for me!
tn

Aso received my spare front fender from 'xstriker,' now I have a full set of extra body parts to change 'the look.' Last week I got the other parts to upgrade the front of my '92. 43 mm stock '93+ front suspension. I already had the 4 pot 32 mm opposed-piston calipers as spares for my FZR1000. Some new braided steel lines & I am all-set. Anybody got any for a good price?
tn

I just got this quote from Sean for the Galfer SS lines:

3 line front ? Retail $98 vs your cost $80
Clutch Line – Retail $56.50 vs your cost $45
Rear Line – Retail $54.50 vs your cost $45
$10 shipping

There are other color of fittings for a bit more (red/blue/black/gold) and we can also make them longer or shorter as needed for lowered bikes and or extended swingarms. Price isn't much more to make the custom lengths.

We even sell braided upper throttle cables if you wanted to clean and pretty that area up too.
65-0353 Pull Cable $34.99 Retail vs $30 your cost
65-0352 Push Cable $31.99 Retail vs $28 your cost

if you get coloured ones you may want to ask about speedo cables too! MM attack!

Thanks, guys, sounds like a fair price & I may just have to go w/a color! Sean is quick to answer when I have had questions, a great resource.
thumbnail.aspx

Mod Monkey

Not much, as usual. Got my triples straigtened out I think. Damn spacer!

Got a UPS tracking # that shows I should recieve a bunch of cool new shit today so I can finally get busy!!!!:punk::punk:

Only got half the shit I was supposed to. Guess its back to waiting. Oh what fun.

Last edited:
I replaced the shift segment and did the DD clutch mod to my 94 today (thanks for getting the parts to me so fast Sean!) tomorrow I'm tearing off the carbs & going through them again & gonna try to tie up the loose ends on the electrical system, shift light and HID should either be here later today or tomorrow! Hoping to be putting the spit shin on her by Friday, too bad the weather won't be good for riding.... :tantrum:

Back