What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maleko89 helped me identify that my advance was not hooked up. Assuming those nasty looking clouds don't let it rip I'll find out how much better it runs on the way home today.

Thanks again Maleko89!

RR

just got a call! the bike is done, but only got about 116. going to go talk to the guy & call up Sean sooner or later.

What was the base line though?

If it was 100 or something then that's pretty respectable.

I've seen less than 116 with the same mods. Some bikes just run harder than others.

Chris

What was the base line though?

If it was 100 or something then that's pretty respectable.

I've seen less than 116 with the same mods. Some bikes just run harder than others.

Chris

no baseline since i installed the exhaust myself. he didn't dyno with just the exhaust but he said its def better. i'm gonna start a separate thread with the dyno sheet for opinions. feel free to chime in bud!

Painted the letters on my rear tyre today . I will post pics on other thread once camera has charged . I also took off my sissy so can do the stock reflector on drill press at work tomorro . :punk:

Given today's weather forecast, I rode the Max to work today!! :D

Attachments

• Weather.JPG
    Weather.JPG
    29.9 KB
Got paid to ride yesterday! Woo Hoo!. I was scoping some work in Pittsburgh and the boss called. He wanted to go pop in on his wife and youngest son as a surprise. They were canoeing in Cooks Forest State Park. So we cruised up there. It was the best day we had ALL summer too. 87, clear, low winds, awesome. Turned out to be about 175 miles round trip. Got 6 hrs of work in and 4.5 hrs of riding in and was home by 5:30 PM.

Yesterday was great! Now today I'm drivng the work rig down to Bedford, PA on the turnpike in the rain. Just to meet up with a building inspector. BLAH. I wish it were Tuesday all over again!

Fitted my Intimators today, and just got to ride 8 miles to work so can't tell much yet but they felt good.

Also fitted my wave rotors at the front with Jedi's adpaters and new EBC HH pads. Got weird vibes when braking so something isn't right, will check it tomorrow. They sure look good tho, pics coming soon!

And also I took the windshield off for now - not going long distance for a while :) Makes such a huge difference, both to the looks and to how it feels..

Changed the oil with rotella 15/40 and the differential oil too while I was at it so, it seems to run smoother and it rolls alot smoother and easier :eusa_dance:
but, like me I forgot that it was on reserve and while running the engine and playing around I managed to run it out of gas :smileystooges: so I`ll wait `till the wifey gets home and go get some gas for max and the lawn mower.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I finished installing my motorcyclemods tail light, WalMart brake light and led plate lights.

i like it. did u basically use the nuts that hold the motorcyclemods bracket to the existing subframe as LED's? i may ahve to do that next yr to pass inspection.

i like it. did u basically use the nuts that hold the motorcyclemods bracket to the existing subframe as LED's? i may ahve to do that next yr to pass inspection.

I swore that brake light came with license plates lights built in....maybe he just changed them to brighter ones? I put mine on last year, and I don't remember a thing about it. It's a pretty sweet little light though!

no the light does not have the lisc plate lights built in. I do not have inspections on mine. I am waiting for a ticket to put in the lights :biglaugh:

did u basically use the nuts that hold the motorcyclemods bracket to the existing subframe as LED's?

Yep...I was worried it was going to be too bright using two, but I think it worked out pretty good. I also need the "white" light for inspection here in Maine.

Yo! What kind of turn signals are those, I like 'em

Cheapies I got from ebay...I believe the seller was i5motorcycles.

Thanks for the comments I'm pretty happy with the results...

I used these little guys to keep on the good side of the inspection guy:

LED License Plate Light Bolt Yamaha R6 R1 FZ6 FZ1 Black

There are chrome ones also, I just pasted the first ones I came across.

I had to drill the plate holes out just a bit, but they're simple to install and meet the regs!

The OEM signals and LED bars are running/brake lights and I use the Motorcycle mods light for brake only.

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    100_1506.jpg
    103.6 KB
I detailed it, It now shines like it belongs on a showroom. then I took it for a ride.

The winds have shifted and now the smoke from for fires are back in town.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/jul/30/air-quality-advisory-issued-fairbanks-area/

The picture included is of the smoke hanging around. At my place you can really see it hanging in the trees at each end of the street.

So I came back home so I came back home and started planning the LED accent light placement.

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    22.8 KB

Latest posts

Back